Homebrew Themelimit

Kloklopfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If this fits better in the romhacking or cfw subforum then pls move it there

So with the new update of freeshop its possible to download all homemenu themes (like 450 different themes). But now theres a problem. Whenever I try to change a theme I get a prompt were it says that I need to delete 350 themes to use them. Is there a way to circumvent this with godmode9 or do I have to delete 350 themes one by one

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a limit of 100 themes, yep

There are multiple cias for technical reasons (each one can hold at most 100 themes), it's just that you can't get individual DLC contents with titlekey tools (yet)...
Removing individual contents manually is bad for the same reason on Windows you're not supposed to remove a program by just deleting its files, but you can uninstall those cias to remove all of them, then use a smarter way to pirate themes (you can find them somewhere in chmm format, which you can assemble into a cia with only what you want)

Reactions: Kloklopfer

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a limit of 100 themes and 10 themes in theme shuffle unfortunately :(

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete them all in freeShop, then restart the DLC install and cancel it before it downloads everything. Then you can visit the theme shop and look at the list of all themes you have. Then just choose which ones you want to download.

I'm not sure if this works for people who previously purchased a theme already. But I know if works if you have never purchased one.

Reactions: Kloklopfer

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete them all in freeShop, then restart the DLC install and cancel it before it downloads everything. Then you can visit the theme shop and look at the list of all themes you have. Then just choose which ones you want to download.

I'm not sure if this works for people who previously purchased a theme already. But I know if works if you have never purchased one.
It doesn't work like that. Freeshop downloads the dlc, then installs them. Cancelling the download simply stops it and deletes the stuff it downloaded.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work like that. Freeshop downloads the dlc, then installs them. Cancelling the download simply stops it and deletes the stuff it downloaded.

I know, but the installed ticket remains and you download the content from the shop. I did it earlier today.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but the installed ticket remains and you download the content from the shop. I did it earlier today.
Oh. Even then. The method is very insufficient since what if the theme you want is at the very end of the download. You literally have a few milliseconds while it's downloading before it installs.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Even then. The method is very insufficient since what if the theme you want is at the very end of the download. You literally have a few milliseconds while it's downloading before it installs.

No, the ticket and import in the beginning enables them all, there aren't tickets for every theme, just one. Some other person says it's giving them an error when they try to download it though, but it's worked fine for me. So not sure about all the details, but I can choose to download any theme in the shop.

Kloklopfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, the ticket and import in the beginning enables them all, there aren't tickets for every theme, just one. Some other person says it's giving them an error when they try to download it though, but it's worked fine for me. So not sure about all the details, but I can choose to download any theme in the shop.

In my case the Installation got through without a problem. Ive tried to delete the dlc wipe the unused tickets and redownladed the tickets. Now everything works fine since all themes are marked as "purchased" and I simply need to download the themes that I want one by one (better then deleting 350 themes)
There's a limit of 100 themes, yep

There are multiple cias for technical reasons (each one can hold at most 100 themes), it's just that you can't get individual DLC contents with titlekey tools (yet)...
Removing individual contents manually is bad for the same reason on Windows you're not supposed to remove a program by just deleting its files, but you can uninstall those cias to remove all of them, then use a smarter way to pirate themes (you can find them somewhere in chmm format, which you can assemble into a cia with only what you want)
I haven't looked into that yet but ill use it if I need more themes later on. For now the downloading of them via themeshop is good enough. Thanks anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...