Putting the pro in procrastination
OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a complete firmware replacement theme for the R4. It is designed to imitate the original DS firmware.

Here are some mockups (the second is by no means an accurate portrayal of the R4 menu):

preview1nj7.png
preview2qk4.png

This theme includes new icons, a new icon bar, and some removed text strings such as the text on the main menu, and the date modified for files. It is based on R4 v1.11.

To install, simply download, extract, and replace your _DS_MENU.DAT with it. Then you should rename your themes folder so that those skins are not applied over this one.

Download

chuckstudios

OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Dammit. I had a feeling there'd be problems... Hang on guys, I'll fix it.

Edit: All right then, I think I fixed it. Try it again and tell me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - these have the save size check removed, so you can use 0KB .sav files for homebrew
happy.gif

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Really? Themes with the custom _DS_MENU.DAT kind of annoy me not only because there's more work required, but the menu looks the same as all the regular themes.

custom _DS_MENU.DAT can have different icons, text, can remove embedded text etc.

QUOTEThis theme includes new icons, a new icon bar thingy, and some removed text strings such as the text on the main menu, and the date modified for files.

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now this is what I'm talking about! I love the themes with custom _DS_MENU.DATs. Cheers!Â
grog.gif

Really? Themes with the custom _DS_MENU.DAT kind of annoy me not only because there's more work required, but the menu looks the same as all the regular themes.

Really? A single file is more work to install than four (or five including theme.ini)? Really?

I don't understand.

These mock-ups look quite nice though ... I'll try it out once the R4 version is working.

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Now this is what I'm talking about! I love the themes with custom _DS_MENU.DATs. Cheers!Â
grog.gif

Really? A single file is more work to install than four (or five including theme.ini)? Really?

I don't understand.

These mock-ups look quite nice though ... I'll try it out once the R4 version is working.

Not really, you just select all and replace all.
While with a _DS_MENU.DAT you have you make a backup of your themes and old _DS_MENU.DAT and rename them too.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! It intergrates very nicely with the DS firmware. The 0 byte save files for homebrew is a very nice touch. That saved me about 6 megs of wasted space.

chuckstudios

OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States

That's not me, I go by this name everywhere. Actually, I've never ever seen that skin until today :-/

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
^^

I dont think its a rip off, i think that this person hasnt seen every DS skin ever made, and so thought it hadnt been done before, which is entirely understandable.

kaktus.ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Edit: All right then, I think I fixed it. Try it again and tell me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - these have the save size check removed, so you can use 0KB .sav files for homebrewÂ
happy.gif

So, how do you remove the file size check for save games?
What software is used? I really hate pushing my X-button everytime I start a homebrew just to ignore the save request... and my X-button REALLY hates me for pushing it...
wink.gif

Oh yeah, nice theme btw.
happy.gif

chuckstudios

OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a rip off of another one. It is in the DL section.

Thank you so much for accusing me of plagerism. It's more like, I wanted a skin like this and I didn't see one like it, so I made one with NO$GBA as my guide.

Edit: All right then, I think I fixed it. Try it again and tell me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - these have the save size check removed, so you can use 0KB .sav files for homebrewÂ
happy.gif

So, how do you remove the file size check for save games?
What software is used? I really hate pushing my X-button everytime I start a homebrew just to ignore the save request... and my X-button REALLY hates me for pushing it...
wink.gif

Oh yeah, nice theme btw.
happy.gif

I used the newest firmware patcher by iq_132 (I think?), the third option disables save check.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oboy, a skin!

Anyways figured I'd mention that it looks pretty good for the most part and accurate to boot. Oh and forget that asshole that called it a rip off. If he's too lazy to even say what skin it's a rip off of then he's not worth even conversing with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_