Feldner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,

So I have a Wii, (4.3 E) with GameCube compatibility, theme bricked. Black screen but CD drive is working. I have the homebrew channl, Bootmii and Priiloader. However i accidentally deleted Priiloader. Can i solve this by using a gamecube controller (Savemefrii) or is there a better way? I don't have a controller yet so im open for other ideas, if its really the best way i will borrow one from a friend, but in the current Corona-situation i don't want to go out because of this not vital problem.

Thanks for every awnser, best regards and stay healthy.

Feldner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No when i turn on the wii there is no reaction on the tv. And when i turn on and holt reset there is also no reaction on the tv.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No when i turn on the wii there is no reaction on the tv. And when i turn on and holt reset there is also no reaction on the tv.
The questions are:
  • Do you have BootMii installed in boot2 – or only as an IOS?
  • Do you have the BootMii files on a working SD? (And has the SD reader inside the Wii been working lately)
If there is BootMii@boot2 and you insert an SD containing the BootMii files it should load. This has nothing to do with holding in (Reset) on power on. BootMii as an IOS is useless without Priiloader (which gets overwritten when reinstalling/updating the System Menu – not sure how else you could have deleted it "accidentally").

SaveMiiFrii requires you console to have a functional disc drive capable of reading burned media (modchip/hardmod). Newer drive models don't offer this.

The main question still is: BootMii@boot2 or not?

If your console has another color than white → No.
Most European consoles I've seen with a serial number starting with a 2 → No.
==================

If you have a NAND image or at least the unique encryption keys advanced hardmodding and a hardware flasher might salvage the Wii.

Else replace mainboard or buy a different Wii altogether. They are currently very cheap.

Please be a little more careful next time. Priiloader and BootMii are a must when tinkering with the Wii.

Good luck!

Feldner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No bootmii@boot2, no NAND. (Black Wii) No more hope
I put a bootmii folder on the SD card but nothing happend. I guess i have to buy a new one...
Another question i sow a wii mini for about 50 € can i hack it? Is worth it?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hello.:)

Yes,but it is not so easy like the Wii
https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/exploits/bluebomb/

and
you do not have some "Options" like on the Wii.

- No SD Card
- No GameCube Ports

After your "successful Brick" it is maybe better to get 2 used Wii´s (without Equipment) with the 50 Euros on Willhaben.:)
Just in Case....

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No bootmii@boot2, no NAND. (Black Wii) No more hope
I put a bootmii folder on the SD card but nothing happend. I guess i have to buy a new one...

i’ve seen used normal Wiis go for as little as £20, so I would shop around online.

Or you could save up and get a used Wii U instead.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Feldner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
First i don't want a wii U, it's not that good in my opinion. Is there a modchip that i can build into my wii without
soldering? That could be a last option or not?
And thanks

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After your "successful Brick" it is maybe better to get 2 used Wii´s (without Equipment) with the 50 Euros on Willhaben.:)
Just in Case....
Why so acid-tongued, Alex? I bet @Feldner has learned his lesson. Getting one Wii should suffice. I've seen them as cheap as about 10-15 Euro on flea markets (if some or all parts like TV cable, Sensor bar, etc. are missing). Since you still have all accessories you are in a very good position: Just get another main unit. Nothing else. If you can do without optical drive, or are willing to swap the drive from the bricked console into another one, you can even get a Wii with the description: "Starts normally. Does not read DVDs."

Financially speaking: Your loss is very small.

The Wii Mini (RVL-201) is an inferior device, as @alexander1970 already mentioned. I want to point out that the Mini also lacks decent video signals (only composite video – no S-Video, no RGB, no component video). On the used market the Mini is more expensive (you know: newer=better – which has an element of truth when taking the age of the optical drives in RVL-001 consoles in account).

EDIT:

First i don't want a wii U, it's not that good in my opinion. Is there a modchip that i can build into my wii without
And thanks
Modchip options depend on the drive model (newer=less options). On all Wii consoles (but the Mini¹) the drive can be replaced/upgraded (solderless) with a Wii Optical Drive Emulator (WODE). They are not manufactured anymore, hard to find and really EXPENSIVE.

If I remember correctly there are some non-ODE drivechips not requiring soldering. Don’t quote me on that. Most of the more advanced modchips are probably more expensive than another Wii. If you do not have personal reasons for trying to revive your console (childhood memories, not backed up save data) it’s probably the best to accept the loss here and go with another console.

Again: Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And thanks

You can have a look on this Side,they have some interesting Stuff:
https://www.d2sun.com/

Modchips are very rare today and also maybe "useless" because USBLoaders takes over their work.

- No Opening of the Wii necessary
- No Soldering
- Only a Softmodded Wii (it only takes today some Minutes to set up a Wii ready for playing Game Backups from HDD)

Maybe you have Luck on Willhaben (I got an d2pro chipped Wii this Year).

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
At what things (beside GameCube compatibility) would you look when buying a used wii?

You "can" maybe look on the Production Year (for the DVD Drive´s Capability to read DVD-R´s) so you can check the Serial Number if you like:

https://www.wiidrives.com/identify

It is a very "reliable" Check but not 100 Percent.Maybe the Seller has already a refurbished or repaired Wii.

And as you said GameCube Ports are really a good Idea.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one