Rumor theflow0's BD-J bug effects Xbox One as well

Andrei1744

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is exciting. Finally we have the possibility to jailbreak the xbox one and series s/x. I need to make sure that I don't update my xbox one.

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Xbox One has been offline for several weeks and after reading about this bug, I decided to fire it up and go into the settings and disconnect it from wifi. Sure enough, I was prompted for a system update (v10.0.22000.4975). Does anyone know if the bug still exists in this update or should I just keep it disconnected?

Being able to run a custom OS on the XB One is cool and all but will this lead to full on piracy?

RainReach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Xbox One has been offline for several weeks and after reading about this bug, I decided to fire it up and go into the settings and disconnect it from wifi. Sure enough, I was prompted for a system update (v10.0.22000.4975). Does anyone know if the bug still exists in this update or should I just keep it disconnected?

Being able to run a custom OS on the XB One is cool and all but will this lead to full on piracy?
right now they have BD-J doom

also its working on OS version: 10.0.22000.4975

sure thing i suggest also removing the internet chip inside the console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own an xbox one, but if you can't disable the internet, can't you make the dns all 0's so that it can't connect rather than removing the wifi??

Andrei1744

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guys, I figured it out. Everything is fake. The video you see from rainreach, that Is a modified windows 8/10 iso ran on a pc, not an xbox. If an exploiter found this, he would probably go more in-depth when people would question the exploit, but this guy? Oh no, when someone questions the exploit, he just tells people to kill themselves. Do not believe anything that doesn't have good documentation, especially an exploit. With this said, It's better to leave this thread. See you all!
Screenshot_330.png

Reactions: rantex92

Rintron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, I figured it out. Everything is fake. The video you see from rainreach, that Is a modified windows 8/10 iso ran on a pc, not an xbox. If an exploiter found this, he would probably go more in-depth when people would question the exploit, but this guy? Oh no, when someone questions the exploit, he just tells people to kill themselves. Do not believe anything that doesn't have good documentation, especially an exploit. With this said, It's better to leave this thread. See you all!View attachment 319070
He literally says right there he's running it using the BD-J exploit ON THE XBOX. Which is possible as far as I know. The exploit allows you to run shit from a bluray disc. Like, I know the dude is often vague as fuck but he literally says right there what he did. Let me guess, you're the one he's referring to? I mean, he could be lying but I believe doing this should be possible with this particular exploit.

RainReach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He literally says right there he's running it using the BD-J exploit ON THE XBOX. Which is possible as far as I know. The exploit allows you to run shit from a bluray disc. Like, I know the dude is often vague as fuck but he literally says right there what he did. Let me guess, you're the one he's referring to? I mean, he could be lying but I believe doing this should be possible with this particular exploit.
thats what i was saying this is the os on blueray disk

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If this is legit it won't give us an XB1 jailbreak. You would still need to find an exploit in AppOS, escape the sandbox, then find another exploit in SystemOS. If you had a way to do that you could just do it the way you normally run homebrew on the Xbone, upload it as a private app to the MS Store and download it on retail mode. The one thing I could potentially see this giving us (if it is legit) is access to a usermode app with JIT permissions, which we have had in the past with the Charka exploit but nothing ever came of it because finding exploits to escape VMs are hard.

Edit: We don't even know if the BD app has JIT permissions or if it just uses a JIT interpreter. As T3 said when the exploit was announced for PS someone would have to look in to the appx, which is floating about in some private Discord servers.

Edit 2: I just watched the "Rain reach OS" video. That's 100% fake. You don't even have to consider any of the numerous technical issues, the download link on his site for the XB1 version and the PC version link to the exact same file. If I had to guess he's just using the torrent as a way to grab people's IPs then try to dox them because he's a skidd.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

RainReach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is legit it won't give us an XB1 jailbreak. You would still need to find an exploit in AppOS, escape the sandbox, then find another exploit in SystemOS. If you had a way to do that you could just do it the way you normally run homebrew on the Xbone, upload it as a private app to the MS Store and download it on retail mode. The one thing I could potentially see this giving us (if it is legit) is access to a usermode app with JIT permissions, which we have had in the past with the Charka exploit but nothing ever came of it because finding exploits to escape VMs are hard.

Edit: We don't even know if the BD app has JIT permissions or if it just uses a JIT interpreter. As T3 said when the exploit was announced for PS someone would have to look in to the appx, which is floating about in some private Discord servers.

Edit 2: I just watched the "Rain reach OS" video. That's 100% fake. You don't even have to consider any of the numerous technical issues, the download link on his site for the XB1 version and the PC version link to the exact same file. If I had to guess he's just using the torrent as a way to grab people's IPs then try to dox them because he's a skidd.
their is BD-j exploit it works on xb1 is even listed in the release of BD-j

--merged--

Also T3 is my best friend

--merged--

and the tourrent link is a clean iso. i dont have a big hosting site to post the file

--merged--

and this is a ISO with xbox os just like doom.iso works on BD-j same way

--merged--

And T3 is not all ways right he asked for my method to view the files. soooooo.

Last edited by Issac,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo