The Zelda HD Wii U Tech Demo Wouldn’t Be Possible

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Zekrom_cool, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    [​IMG]

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has informed shareholders that the incredible Legend of Zelda tech demo that Nintendo showed off at this years E3 just wouldn’t be possible on any other console available on the marketplace. The demo was built specifically to show off the Wii U’s graphical capabilities and genuinely wowed attendees at the event. Nintendo has already stated that they’re currently hard at work transforming the demo into a brand new game, but have declined to comment on whether or not it will be a Wii U launch title.[/p]

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    fucking nailed it i knew that demo was real!
    and no shit it's not possible on any other console zelda is nintendo ONLY [​IMG]

3. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I thought we all knew it was a working demo? Good to hear I guess.

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Well I don't care if other consoles could handle the demo or not. All I care about is the last portion that says Nintendo is hard at work transforming the demo into a game. Anytime Nintendo is working on anything Zelda related I get excited. If i was never allowed to play any other series other than Zelda, I could literally play games for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied with it.

5. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    A Zelda game built specifically for the Wii U would instantly get me to purchase a Wii U, if Nintendo's smart they'll have a new Zelda game for the Wii U out close to if not on the console launch.

6. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I Agree

7. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It's just a demo guys! It is just a HD version of a battle from Twilight Princess, made specifically for e3 2011. Eiji Aonuma has said that Zelda Wii U may or may not have that graphical style.

Still make no mistake that demo did rock but I think Zelda Wii U will likely look even better. Just be prepared to wait a few years..LOL!

8. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Okami > Zelda

9. Jockel

Member Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Germany
    How about no.
    How about people have different tastes, there isn't an objectively better game between the two.

Personally, I appreciated Okami's artstyle and all the Japanese folklore, but i found the gameplay to be downright boring.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the gameplay is almost exactly the same as zelda...

11. Jockel

Germany
    The basic structure is the same, but i found Okami to be far more slow paced.

12. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Okami beats the shit out of most Zelda games, especially the DS series.

13. Jockel

Germany
    Everything beats the shit out of the DS Zeldas.

14. tanuki1980

Newcomer tanuki1980 Member

United States
    But,Okami is not Zelda...I don't see where you're going with this.

15. Serina

Newcomer Serina Advanced Member

United States
    The main difference in gameplay is the structure of it. The Zelda games have a greater variety and better dungeons in my opinion, but Okami is still a fantastic game. I do think the Zelda worlds are generally bigger, too.

16. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Wow, comparing Okami and Zelda. Now that is a comparison on a very high level. I do prefer Zelda games a bit more but Okami was imo very different and very unique in its own right so I don`t want to compare the two in the manner of comparing fighting-games but more like what I enjoyed more and like I said they`re about equally enjoyable (and brilliant) but tLoZ is just a little better!

On Topic: TBH I don`t care what is possible and what isn`t. Most of the games on PS3 are as far as I can see in 720p and open world games do struggle a bit (with draw distance and such) but imo it doesn`t matter since at this point everything is cosmetic. Horse-Power doesn`t add to the experience in contrary to what it did in the Xbox or 360 era, which made it possible to have more characters on screen, greater draw distance among other aspects!

In a nutshell: Nintendo, who cares?! The games won`t change that much. The only thing that will change is that 3rd Parties won`t have to make Nintendo-versions of their console games because of the limitations...

17. Arfiol

Newcomer Arfiol Member

Sweden
    I would rather not have Skyward Sword on the Wii U. Though I loathe having to use the Wii remote for a Zelda game, I would feel even worse using the Wii U controller (unless the game will be played mostly with the classic controller, in which case the Wii U is preferable). To me, Zelda needs to played with a classic controller; that's why I played Twilight Princess on the GC.

18. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I agree I would prefer to play Twilight Princess with a GCN controller but Skyward Sword will be awesome with Wii Motion Plus me thinks! Motion Controls were tacked on in TP but made from the ground up for SS. Also this will be the only true Wii Zelda.

19. Fairytale

Newcomer Fairytale Advanced Member

Germany
    You can't expect most gamers to objectively judge games and act mature about it.
    That's something that's reserved for sentient life.

20. riku123

Newcomer riku123 Newbie

United States
    They should package zelda with the wiiU. looks like the wiiU controller is more like an over sized game boy advanced so im guessing it'll fit nice since the Zelda games were great on the GBA.