OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
zelda-wii-u1.jpg

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has informed shareholders that the incredible Legend of Zelda tech demo that Nintendo showed off at this years E3 just wouldn’t be possible on any other console available on the marketplace. The demo was built specifically to show off the Wii U’s graphical capabilities and genuinely wowed attendees at the event. Nintendo has already stated that they’re currently hard at work transforming the demo into a brand new game, but have declined to comment on whether or not it will be a Wii U launch title.[/p]

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't care if other consoles could handle the demo or not. All I care about is the last portion that says Nintendo is hard at work transforming the demo into a game. Anytime Nintendo is working on anything Zelda related I get excited. If i was never allowed to play any other series other than Zelda, I could literally play games for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied with it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Zelda game built specifically for the Wii U would instantly get me to purchase a Wii U, if Nintendo's smart they'll have a new Zelda game for the Wii U out close to if not on the console launch.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
syko5150 said:
Well I don't care if other consoles could handle the demo or not. All I care about is the last portion that says Nintendo is hard at work transforming the demo into a game. Anytime Nintendo is working on anything Zelda related I get excited. If i was never allowed to play any other series other than Zelda, I could literally play games for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied with it.

I Agree

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just a demo guys! It is just a HD version of a battle from Twilight Princess, made specifically for e3 2011. Eiji Aonuma has said that Zelda Wii U may or may not have that graphical style.

Still make no mistake that demo did rock but I think Zelda Wii U will likely look even better. Just be prepared to wait a few years..LOL!

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiBricker said:
Okami > Zelda
How about no.
How about people have different tastes, there isn't an objectively better game between the two.

Personally, I appreciated Okami's artstyle and all the Japanese folklore, but i found the gameplay to be downright boring.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jockel said:
WiiBricker said:
Okami > Zelda
How about no.
How about people have different tastes, there isn't an objectively better game between the two.

Personally, I appreciated Okami's artstyle and all the Japanese folklore, but i found the gameplay to be downright boring.
the gameplay is almost exactly the same as zelda...

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Joe88 said:
Jockel said:
WiiBricker said:
Okami > Zelda
How about no.

The basic structure is the same, but i found Okami to be far more slow paced.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Jockel said:
WiiBricker said:
Okami > Zelda
How about no.

The main difference in gameplay is the structure of it. The Zelda games have a greater variety and better dungeons in my opinion, but Okami is still a fantastic game. I do think the Zelda worlds are generally bigger, too.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Serina said:
The main difference in gameplay is the structure of it. The Zelda games have a greater variety and better dungeons in my opinion, but Okami is still a fantastic game. I do think the Zelda worlds are generally bigger, too.
Wow, comparing Okami and Zelda. Now that is a comparison on a very high level. I do prefer Zelda games a bit more but Okami was imo very different and very unique in its own right so I don`t want to compare the two in the manner of comparing fighting-games but more like what I enjoyed more and like I said they`re about equally enjoyable (and brilliant) but tLoZ is just a little better!

On Topic: TBH I don`t care what is possible and what isn`t. Most of the games on PS3 are as far as I can see in 720p and open world games do struggle a bit (with draw distance and such) but imo it doesn`t matter since at this point everything is cosmetic. Horse-Power doesn`t add to the experience in contrary to what it did in the Xbox or 360 era, which made it possible to have more characters on screen, greater draw distance among other aspects!

In a nutshell: Nintendo, who cares?! The games won`t change that much. The only thing that will change is that 3rd Parties won`t have to make Nintendo-versions of their console games because of the limitations...

Arfiol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbproject.hostoi.com
XP
Country
I would rather not have Skyward Sword on the Wii U. Though I loathe having to use the Wii remote for a Zelda game, I would feel even worse using the Wii U controller (unless the game will be played mostly with the classic controller, in which case the Wii U is preferable). To me, Zelda needs to played with a classic controller; that's why I played Twilight Princess on the GC.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Arfiol said:
I would rather not have Skyward Sword on the Wii U. Though I loathe having to use the Wii remote for a Zelda game, I would feel even worse using the Wii U controller (unless the game will be played mostly with the classic controller, in which case the Wii U is preferable). To me, Zelda needs to played with a classic controller; that's why I played Twilight Princess on the GC.

I agree I would prefer to play Twilight Princess with a GCN controller but Skyward Sword will be awesome with Wii Motion Plus me thinks! Motion Controls were tacked on in TP but made from the ground up for SS. Also this will be the only true Wii Zelda.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jockel said:
WiiBricker said:
Okami > Zelda
How about no.

You can't expect most gamers to objectively judge games and act mature about it.
That's something that's reserved for sentient life.

riku123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
Arfiol said:

I agree I would prefer to play Twilight Princess with a GCN controller but Skyward Sword will be awesome with Wii Motion Plus me thinks! Motion Controls were tacked on in TP but made from the ground up for SS. Also this will be the only true Wii Zelda.

They should package zelda with the wiiU. looks like the wiiU controller is more like an over sized game boy advanced so im guessing it'll fit nice since the Zelda games were great on the GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up