T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Not sure if this game is already out in JPN, or due soon but I am looking forward to the Eng release around April time!
The World Ends With You is an anime-inspired game set in modern day Tokyo, from the team that made Kingdom Hearts.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/index.html

The World Ends With You for DS (Square Enix)(Apr 22, 2008)(Action Role-Playing)

]

I didn't know anything about this game I saw it in last months gamesTM mag here in England. Looks like it could be a winner.
Also listed as an action RPG was Mobile Suit Gundam 00, though I can't find any screens or info about it (not to be confused with the cancelled shooter Mobile Suit Gundam Seed).

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it looks pretty good to me as well. And yes, it is already out in Japan and an English translation project both started and ended already right here on the boards.
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=62038

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese version did not impress me one bit, its gonna disappoint a lot of people.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"The world ends with you"?

No pressure at all...

BUT IF YOU SCREW UP WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!

But... you know, other than that, no pressure... just relax...

P

pasc

I think it is a stylish fun game with great music tracks, hope taht it will come out on time.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese version did not impress me one bit, its gonna disappoint a lot of people.

I really think this is going to be one game that requires you to understand what's going on to fully enjoy it. There have been quite a few Japanese games we've all been able to enjoy without much consideration given to the language barrier, but, from keeping up with this game, it seems the character-building is done in a very unique way, relevant to the setting the game is in. Also, the combat is made up of you controlling two characters -- one on the top screen, one on the bottom screen -- at the same time. I would think the moves and such would be hard to get a grasp on without understanding any of the game's tutorials. But mostly, this game's supposed to be all about style and modern Japanese culture. Looking at gibberish on a screen just can't convey that.

I'm very much looking forward to it, and you might end up being surprised by it -- who knows.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality