The World Ends with You .bin text editing

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by mysticdistance, Sep 28, 2012.

Sep 28, 2012
  1. mysticdistance
    OP

Newcomer mysticdistance Fan Translator

United States
    I need help members of GBATemp. So far I have started working on project involving DS game TWEWY. I see these .bin files, but if I open them the text is all in caps with hexadecimal code all over the text. Is there any way to edit or translate text to other languages? I have seen it done with a script editor for the Japanese version, as well as a Spanish translation and any ways of being able to do this would be great.

Thank you~

2. omarrrio

Member omarrrio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Morocco
    alright, idk if this is off rules, but would you plz pass a .bin file to me via pm ?

3. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    there are a few .bin files, mainly ARM7 instructions file, ARM9 instructions file, there's even NiFi bin....
    nds editor should help you with some of those, but if you won't tell us exactly what file it is, it's nearly impossible to help you

4. mysticdistance
    OP

Newcomer mysticdistance Fan Translator

United States
    mestxt.bin (the main text file with every line from the game, used in the text dump). I want to modify that.

I also want to know how to open .fds files (the video files from the game, not FDS ROMs).

5. omarrrio

Member omarrrio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Morocco
    the bin, is really, really, messed up, trust me, just forget about this game. However, i can make you a little tool to modify the text, if i ever succeed to unlock it's meaning lol.

EDIT: failed to decode the thing, thus to make a tool to edit it :s sorry :(