The Wii U is Nintendo’s last console

D

Deleted_171835

Also, it says Wii CPU is basically a overclocked GC CPU.
Just like the Core i7, which is a x86 CPU is "based on" Intel 8086. 1978-era technology.

OMG INTEL IS SELLING US ANCIENT OUTDATED HARDWARE, BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just like the Core i7, which is a x86 CPU is "based on" Intel 8086. 1978-era technology.

OMG INTEL IS SELLING US ANCIENT OUTDATED HARDWARE, BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS.

Intel 8086?! Really?!
Didn't you have any better comparisson to do?
The first 16-bit cpu with the most powerful Intel CPU of nowadays.

i7 has a huge architecture difference from 8086.
It's far different from WiiU 3x overclocked GC CPU.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Any console configuration is "outdated" by PC standards because it doesn't need nearly enough hardware prowess to pull off video games due to the fact that it doesn't have a heavy-weigh OS on-top of it which sucks its resources dry, plus the hardware is typically video game-oriented - optimized for that purpose and that purpose only. By your standards, the 360 was outdated by millenia the day it was released - I mean, seriously, 512MB RAM? Radeon X1800-based GPU? In 2005? If you had a PC like that at the time, you'd be the laughing stock of the town - with consoles it doesn't work that way though. That, and consoles are supposed to be low-cost alternatives to PC's for those users who focus on gaming alone.
So why don't we compare with PS Orbis rumoured specs like it's 16GB of RAM.
Or compare it with Valve's console rumoured specs: i7 3rd generation and 8 GB of RAM.
I don't say that WiiU specs are weak just comparing with PC specs, that would be non-sense.
PCs will always be superior, but if we compare it's specs to it's rivals, Sony, M$ and probably Valve, we will see a huge difference.
You even said that believe PS Orbis and Durango will be stronger.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So why don't we compare with PS Orbis rumoured specs like it's 16GB of RAM.
Or compare it with Valve's console rumoured specs: i7 3rd generation and 8 GB of RAM.
I don't say that WiiU specs are weak just comparing with PC specs, that would be non-sense.
PCs will always be superior, but if we compare it's specs to it's rivals, Sony, M$ and probably Valve, we will see a huge difference.
You even said that believe PS Orbis and Durango will be stronger.
You lost me when you said "rumoured". Rumoured as in, the WiiU was supposed to have a Power7 CPU under its hood? Don't be that guy. Rumours are rumours, I want to see facts. Also, let's not call Valve's invention a console - it's a downsized PC. It runs PC games.

Again, I never said that Microsoft and Sony won't release stronger hardware, they very well may, but everything comes at a price. Sony shouldn't risk another "$599" and Microsoft claims to be working on making the new XBox more accessible by dividing it into two SKU's rather than ramping up the price expotentially with extremely strong hardware. It's going to be strong, but not "contemporary High-End PC" strong.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You lost me when you said "rumoured". Rumoured as in, the WiiU was supposed to have a Power7 CPU under its hood? Don't be that guy. Rumours are rumours, I want to see facts. Also, let's not call Valve's invention a console - it's a downsized PC. It runs PC games.

Again, I never said that Microsoft and Sony won't release stronger hardware, they very well may, but everything comes at a price. Sony shouldn't risk another "$599" and Microsoft claims to be working on making the new XBox more accessible by dividing it into two SKU's rather than ramping up the price expotentially with extremely strong hardware. It's going to be strong, but not "contemporary High-End PC" strong.

If Sony and MS released their consoles the same time as WiiU,
don't you think they would be definetly stronger?
If yes, why are we discussing this?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's configurations are far below a good computer.
Do I need to show you piece by piece why WiiU is outdated?
And you expect consoles to have hardware that PCs have? By the time console development starts, it may be equal to that of PC specs at that time, but when the console is finished, it's already outdated. There's no way in hell a console could ever be developed and be caught up with a PC in terms of hardware. Good luck keeping costs down.

What does this has to do with anything I said?
Because you keep reminding us on the alleged weakness of the Wii U. Name one console that matched a powerful PC at the time of its release.

D

Deleted_171835

Intel 8086?! Really?!
Didn't you have any better comparisson to do?
The first 16-bit cpu with the most powerful Intel CPU of nowadays.

i7 has a huge architecture difference from 8086.
It's far different from WiiU 3x overclocked GC CPU.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Here's what you don't seem to get. We don't know the extent that the Wii U's CPU is based on the PPC750 other than the fact that it's ISA compatible.

Just like the Core i7 is ISA compatible with the Intel 8086 even if practically everything else is different.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a stripped down PC, not a console. They're not competing with the three companies.

Well technically if it's a "stripped down PC" for living rooms, is that not just a console? Difference is it plays PC games (something that puts it about a bagillion steps ahead of the competition out of the box) instead of needing new games.

I'd say a Steam Box that, out of the box, can play every Steam game would be superior tenfold to any console produced by Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo next generation.

But srs in eof rite guys?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a stripped down PC, not a console. They're not competing with the three companies.

Define console.
By definition, Valve's console is still a console,
We can't say if it will compete or not with next-gen consoled from Ninty, Sony and M$, only time will tell.

D

Deleted-236924

PC master race! ...

uh... I mean...

26735447.jpg

Architecture, instruction set, MIPS, FLOPS, etc are more vital.

Haha, flops.

Get it? Get it?

D

Deleted_171835

People on GBAtemp go "Oh Guild's always starting these fanboy wars and always making these threads go to shit!"

To those people, I present this thread.

You're welcome and get the fuck off.
Not taking sides in this drama but one thread really doesn't prove anything.

Aside from the fact that VMM and the_randomizer are pissy fanboys/haters.

D

Deleted_171835

Hater? Why? Just because I don't like WiiU?
Because you use unfounded rumours and speculation to backup your arguments instead of actual legitimate info (from marcan) while circlewanking over how the Orbis will supposedly have 16GB of RAM.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because you use unfounded rumours and speculation to backup your arguments instead of actual legitimate info (from marcan) while circlewanking over how the Orbis will supposedly have 16GB of RAM.

I don't see how this has anything to do with been a hater/fanboy.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course you don't.
You could say my argument is invalid,
you could say that the things that I back up my argument are not trustable,
but saying I'm a hater/fanboy is a little bit too much.
This has nothing to do with been a fanboy or a hater.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not taking sides in this drama but one thread really doesn't prove anything.

Aside from the fact that VMM and the_randomizer are pissy fanboys/haters.

In all fairness the randomizer is always having a breakdown and I think Shigeru Miyamoto killed VMM's parents in a tragic car accident.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I paid $49 for it