Hacking The wait has begun; my Dealextreme.com order!

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the dramatic and/or scandalous nature of my topic title.

My main question is how long does it usually take for DX orders to get to the US?
biggrin.gif

denyfate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it varies alot... two different orders placed on the same day came at different times.
my 4gb sdhc only took a week
but my acekard took a month O.o

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ordered my Acekard 2 and EZFlash 3-in-1 on November 7th and I got them both sometime last week. I'm thinking Wednesday (November 19th).

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it takes about 2 weeks for me. I dont know why everyone always complain. I guess the bigger the product the longer it'll take to ship.

veemon147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine on 11/14. It shipped from DealExtreme on 11/17 and from Hong Kong on 11/19.

The USPS tracking site still says "Your item was processed and left our JAMAICA, NY 11405 facility on November 23, 2008."

Update-
Attempted delivery on the 28th to the opposite side of the country. I'll get it when the try again tomorrow.

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on my order:

Apparently my order shipped from DX on the 26th and shipped from Hong Kong today (29th). Hoping to recieve it soon, but this gives me time to rip some of my Dragonball DVD's into a proper format (and file size) for use on the DS screen.

Does anyone know of any specific size (pixel-wise) that is easy on the file size and still looks good, quality-wise? I'm looking for something in the same quality range as an analog TV with basic cable.

Also am I going to need Moonshell to run media files or will they play on AKAIO? Does Moonshell have its own Divx decoders, etc?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grimm said:
Does Moonshell have its own Divx decoders, etc?
Yes, Moonshell is magic and it will do everything that you think it does. It also plays Fallout 3 on max settings, and will load PSP isos so you can play all of those games on your DS.

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Grimm said:
Does Moonshell have its own Divx decoders, etc?
Yes, Moonshell is magic and it will do everything that you think it does. It also plays Fallout 3 on max settings, and will load PSP isos so you can play all of those games on your DS.

I appreciate the sentiment, but sarcasm isn't going to help anyone.

Everyone here started in pretty much the same boat: they didn't know anything. I'm sure you asked the same type of questions because quite frankly, you didn't know what Moonshell can or can't do. I'm sorry if my question sounded silly but from my point of view, not knowing shit about flash cart apps, it is a valid question.

In the future, if you don't have anything useful to say to me, please don't post in my thread.

I apologize if I have offended you or insulted your intellect in any way. Please forgive me.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
You willl need DPG converter to convert files to .dpg format so you can run it own ur ds, the quality is preety good...and its great, u can play .mp3 too and do a lot more with moonshell, pls pm me if u wana know more in detail or want to know about anything

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I like ordering from the US. I'm willing to pay the extra money to get the product in a few days rather than two whole weeks. I ordered my brother's EZ-Flash from DX and it took 16 days. I ordered my Acekard from stuffs4kids. 2-3 day was only $5.60 and the cart was $21.00. Of course, I'm just one of those instant gratification kind of people, so I get really antsy when something I really want takes a long time to arrive.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you guys got pretty fast orders. I ordered an Acekard (and a DSTT as a gift... and about a doozen other items) on 11/20. It took them until 11/28 to get everything together, and it's packaging today. I'm going home for the Christmas break on 12/10, so here's hoping the Hong Kong Post doesn't take their sweet time.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sjones411 said:
Man, you guys got pretty fast orders. I ordered an Acekard (and a DSTT as a gift... and about a doozen other items) on 11/20. It took them until 11/28 to get everything together, and it's packaging today. I'm going home for the Christmas break on 12/10, so here's hoping the Hong Kong Post doesn't take their sweet time.

That's why you order everything seperately
smile.gif

It's all free for you, and if you don't you could be waiting forever on the last little thing that isn't in stock.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am still waiting for my acekard and micro sd and stuff.

does the hong kong post tracking number they provide you show when it arrives in US? so far the only thing it says is that it has left hong kong post office for its destination.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.