The UPS guy just brought me my Supercard DSTWO!

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woo hoo!

Finally got it! The box is in good shape too..

Will report back when I have actually used it... I hope the firmware is actually up on the website...

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can confirm. Manual is in English & Chinese (both)...

And they have included an unusually heavy pink strap with a metal hinge... odd... Kind of like the blue strap that came with the R4, but with fake pink leather and with "Supercard" embedded in it...

__EDIT

Just put Supercard DSOnei firmware on it... nothing... it won;t boot up. I get a mesage in Japanese (I have a J-DSiLL). The fish tycoon image comes up, then after it boots... nothing

Looks like I'll have to wait until the firmware is out...

dang

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, your avatar is exactly what I would be doing if I were you.

I figured it would have came preflashed, did you at least try it without trying to flash the firmware? The hardware on the SCDStwo is amazingly different than DSone, I am having severe doubts that the DSone firmware would work in the first place and I would hate to be the first person to borke the SCDStwo flashcart
wink.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:

I figured it would have came preflashed, did you at least try it without trying to flash the firmware? The hardware on the SCDStwo is amazingly different than DSone, I am having severe doubts that the DSone firmware would work in the first place and I would hate to be the first person to borke the SCDStwo flashcart
wink.gif
It is preflashed. .... He just doesn't have the firmware. Which is the thing you use to boot up roms/homebrew and such.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
I would hate to be the first person to borke the SCDStwo flashcart
wink.gif

Ha! Me too... I think I'll wait until tomrrow when the correct firmware comes out. I do have the Supercard DSOnei USB flasher, I'm not going to try to flash anything!
I have to go to work today anyway... so I won't be hanging over the card and drooling...

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
It is preflashed. .... He just doesn't have the firmware. Which is the thing you use to boot up roms/homebrew and such.

Yep. The Fish Tycoon image is already on the card. So it is all set to go with DSi 1.4. All it needs is the correct firmware.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Zetta_x said:

wink.gif

I see, thanks for the understanding. I was under the misinterpretation that 'flashing' was installing the firmware onto the cart rather than it just being loaded on the actual MicroSD card. I am guessing the flashing command is used for identification purposes on the actual DS itself (maybe away to get around nintendo's blocks on flash carts)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want mine to arrive
frown.gif
wonder when it will actually get here....posted 2 days ago HKA registered (Hong Kong Airmail)...hmm my mum gets stuff posted via HKA and it's usually here within a few week, wonder if I'll be lucky enough to get the same kind of service.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On this note...

It is odd that the Supercard DSOnei needs to be flashed (with the Sudoku ROM) to make it compatible with DSi 1.4... While the Supercard DSTWO comes with rom information from Fish Tycoon already on it.

Now, I also have an early iPlayer... The 1.4 update patch flashed information from Fish Tycoon onto the cart to make it run, but perhaps later iPlayers aready had the Fish Tycoon info on the carts when they shipped.

Which makes me think that the Supercard DSTWO is just a rebadged iPlayer with different software...

I mean, why Fish Tycoon and not Sudoku?

SCDSOnei used Sudoku... and now the Supercard team switch to the iPlayer's ROM info of choice... Fish Tycoon...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
On this note...

It is odd that the Supercard DSOnei needs to be flashed (with the Sudoku ROM) to make it compatible with DSi 1.4... While the Supercard DSTWO comes with rom information from Fish Tycoon already on it.

Now, I also have an early iPlayer... The 1.4 update patch flashed information from Fish Tycoon onto the cart to make it run, but perhaps later iPlayers aready had the Fish Tycoon info on the carts when they shipped.

Which makes me think that the Supercard DSTWO is just a rebadged iPlayer with different software...

I mean, why Fish Tycoon and not Sudoku?

SCDSOnei used Sudoku... and now the Supercard team switch to the iPlayer's ROM info of choice... Fish Tycoon...
Didn't it use Star Wars?

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My iPlayer has Fish Tycoon... (Mine is flashed with the 1.4 upgrade)

DSTTi used Star Wars...

Anyway... I just popped my iPlayer microSD with firmware into my SCDSTWO... and nothing.. it won't boot up past the FishTycoon image...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
My iPlayer has Fish Tycoon... (Mine is flashed with the 1.4 upgrade)

DSTTi used Star Wars...

Anyway... I just popped my iPlayer microSD with firmware into my SCDSTWO... and nothing.. it won't boot up past the FishTycoon image...
PM elixerdream he has the Supercard DStwo firmware.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
Yeah it's star wars. Only the iEDGE uses sudoku. (I think?)

Oh... my bad... I'm getting them mixed up. You're right. I have too many cards, and not enough brains. The iEdge must be flashed with Sudoku... dang...

Anyway... I change my question... Why Fish Tycoon and not ..."whatever was on SCDSOnei"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...