The Ultimate GBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Takatoshi, Feb 28, 2015.

1. MasterXanthar

MasterXanthar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Melbourne
    I have an M3 Perfect MiniSD and what you have described sounds like you have the "AutoSave" option in the M3 settings set to "No". With this set to "No" you don't get the screen at the start up for the save file backup as you mentioned. Also if you play a different game to Mario your Mario save file will be replaced by the new game and your Mario save is lost forever. The "AutoSave" option needs to be "Yes" for saving to work properly. After Which you will see this screen at start up (Apologies for the image quality).[​IMG]

Best console experience for me is the Game Boy Micro. When combined with the M3, the greater portability makes it my favourite even against my backlight modded AGB-001.

Megaben99 likes this.
  2. gba emulator tech
    This message by gba emulator tech has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Apr 6, 2015, Reason: spam.
    Apr 6, 2015
  3. Takatoshi
    OP

Takatoshi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Senegal
    Oh i wasn't talking about the M3 in that post. i was refering to this random 160 games in 1 cardtridge that i have. Thanks for the detailed reply but i have no trouble saving using the M3, until the battery runs out, that is.

Last edited by Takatoshi, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Takatoshi
    OP

Takatoshi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Senegal
    Thanks, I think your post solved my problem

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hm, Theres a E-reader for the Gameboy. But looking at how crappy and bulky it is, (and also the fact that i cant get my hands on the e cards anymore) i find that its replaceable with the cheat function in flashcarts. Also, does anyone know where i can find a decently new boktai cardtridge?

5. Takatoshi
    OP

Takatoshi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Senegal
    is it true that gba micro has no backward compatibility with gameboy and gameboy color games? but SP does?

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    It is true. Only way to play such games on the GBM is with a GBA flash cart and an emulator.

7. rad3ds

rad3ds GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2015
    United States
    I fixed up a cheapo GBA that I got off ebay and I'm going to do the ags-101 screen, and probably a new housing and glass screen. IMO the agb-001 had the best form factor by far.
    I've heard of people using a DS Lite speaker to replace agb-001's speaker, but does anyone know if it's any good or better than the stock speaker? The speaker I have in isn't that bad, but it's a bit beaten up looking from how dirty this system was when I purchased it.

8. Takatoshi
    OP

Takatoshi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Senegal
    Is the battle chip gate for megaman battle network 5 and 6 compatible with the gameboy micro?
    Man, I wish I can get my hands on an E-reader.
    Also, the Everdrive is now available. Hopefully it will be superior to the M3 perfect.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted