Gaming The Ultimate GBA

MasterXanthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im not sure how the saving works, but for example, i am able to save in game in mario and the next time i start up the cardtridge theres no sign of any save file being written unlike ez flash where it will show a loading screen for the save file. I can then start up mario and my save will be there.
I have an M3 Perfect MiniSD and what you have described sounds like you have the "AutoSave" option in the M3 settings set to "No". With this set to "No" you don't get the screen at the start up for the save file backup as you mentioned. Also if you play a different game to Mario your Mario save file will be replaced by the new game and your Mario save is lost forever. The "AutoSave" option needs to be "Yes" for saving to work properly. After Which you will see this screen at start up (Apologies for the image quality).
M3_Save_Backup.jpg

Best console experience for me is the Game Boy Micro. When combined with the M3, the greater portability makes it my favourite even against my backlight modded AGB-001.

Reactions: Megaben99

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have an M3 Perfect MiniSD and what you have described sounds like you have the "AutoSave" option in the M3 settings set to "No". With this set to "No" you don't get the screen at the start up for the save file backup as you mentioned. Also if you play a different game to Mario your Mario save file will be replaced by the new game and your Mario save is lost forever. The "AutoSave" option needs to be "Yes" for saving to work properly. After Which you will see this screen at start up (Apologies for the image quality).
M3_Save_Backup.jpg

Best console experience for me is the Game Boy Micro. When combined with the M3, the greater portability makes it my favourite even against my backlight modded AGB-001.

Oh i wasn't talking about the M3 in that post. i was refering to this random 160 games in 1 cardtridge that i have. Thanks for the detailed reply but i have no trouble saving using the M3, until the battery runs out, that is.

Last edited by Takatoshi,

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
M3_Save_Backup.jpg

Thanks, I think your post solved my problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hm, Theres a E-reader for the Gameboy. But looking at how crappy and bulky it is, (and also the fact that i cant get my hands on the e cards anymore) i find that its replaceable with the cheat function in flashcarts. Also, does anyone know where i can find a decently new boktai cardtridge?

rad3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed up a cheapo GBA that I got off ebay and I'm going to do the ags-101 screen, and probably a new housing and glass screen. IMO the agb-001 had the best form factor by far.
I've heard of people using a DS Lite speaker to replace agb-001's speaker, but does anyone know if it's any good or better than the stock speaker? The speaker I have in isn't that bad, but it's a bit beaten up looking from how dirty this system was when I purchased it.

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is the battle chip gate for megaman battle network 5 and 6 compatible with the gameboy micro?
Man, I wish I can get my hands on an E-reader.
Also, the Everdrive is now available. Hopefully it will be superior to the M3 perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.