SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've been thinking about why I love my Wii so much more than my GameCube. Beside the notice-able (only really in ZTP) graphics upgrade I'd have to think it would be the innovations in the wii-mote. So I started to think, how great is it?

After a while it became apparent to me that I wouldn't really miss any of the new features in the wii-mote exept for the pointing ability (Ok, and I love the analog stick being seperate). After all, most of the movements of the wii could easily be replaced by button pressess and I don't think it would detract from the games. Being able to point and click (yes, like a mouse on a computer) is awesome though, especially with first person view.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want the wii-mote to be any less than it is. I just think the best new feature is the pointer. That's probably why the six-axis controller doesn't really do it for me.

What do you think?
unsure.gif

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i think the wiimote is excellent

i have been playing games since the early 80's but the wii is a totally different experience than anything i have ever played before
i have never got out of breath playing games but after a few rounds of boxing on wii sports i was shattered lol

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, pointing is probably the best thing but the controller being split into two parts is also very awesome. In fact I already expected this around E3 05...
biggrin.gif
And of course, having two tilt sensors, one for each hand, can also be very useful. Bowling with Sixaxis? Well, maybe. But not boxing.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After all, most of the movements of the wii could easily be replaced by button pressess and I don't think it would detract from the games.

Can you imagine Wii Sports without the motion? If it was just buttons, that game would be horrible (well, not horrible, but comparatively speaking).

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the tech used is kind of limited... The maximum range the camera in the Wiimote can see is already pretty small. Increasing it by calibration is impossble, making it smaller makes aiming insanely difficult. The only thing you can really do is use candles and move further away from the screen.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've been thinking about why I love my Wii so much more than my GameCube. Beside the notice-able (only really in ZTP) graphics upgrade...
What do you mean the graphics upgrade noticeable in Twilight Princess. What looks better in the Wii version? Have you even seen the GC version?
I've compared the two on the same TV and they look identical except for no widescreen on the GC version.

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After all, most of the movements of the wii could easily be replaced by button pressess and I don't think it would detract from the games.

Can you imagine Wii Sports without the motion? If it was just buttons, that game would be horrible (well, not horrible, but comparatively speaking).

Exactly my good man
wink.gif
The consoles games don't even need to be good, they just need motion sensing to be apparantly fun. Makes me hate Nintendo soo much >:0 I think if you stuck that thing on a PS3 at 400 dollars, you'd have the ultimate console... Maybe put gears of war on it to
tongue.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Exactly my good man
wink.gif
The consoles games don't even need to be good, they just need motion sensing to be apparantly fun. Makes me hate Nintendo soo much >:0 I think if you stuck that thing on a PS3 at 400 dollars, you'd have the ultimate console... Maybe put gears of war on it to
tongue.gif

If the sixaxis was more than just a useless tilt sensor I might agree with you
tongue.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dudes, you all need to think of the big picture :

Having the occasion to see girls in T-shirts playing Wii Sports Boxing is, for me, the very best thing about this console.

Honestly.

God I love this console.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Indeed. Now all we must find a way to incorporate large tubs of Jello into the games, sit back , and enjoy the view
happy.gif

"Why, of course the Jello is compulsory, my dear, it makes the game more... immersive."
nyanya.gif

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I find it akward that you guys are complaining that you cant change the sensitivity/calibrate............... mainly because you kinda can
go to the settings tab on the main menu, then choose wii. from there, go to sensor bar and click sensitivity. hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, but even with the so called "sensitivity" tweaked to your liking, the pointer is still not 100% accurate, meaning, the cursor isn't at the exact location where you're pointing, but somewhere a little higher/lower/to the side. It doesn't act like a light gun (line-of-sight), it acts a bit computer-mouse-like instead. You get used to it. In fact, most people don't even notice the cursor isn't exactly where you're pointing the Wiimote.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Had no problems either with the pointing. I think it was pretty accurate, since I think the pointing thing made ZTP too easy.
ohmy.gif

My only complaints about the Wiimote is that I bought a bunch and I can't even use the Club Nintendo codes for them.
frown.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I find it akward that you guys are complaining that you cant change the sensitivity/calibrate............... mainly because you kinda canÂ
go to the settings tab on the main menu, then choose wii. from there, go to sensor bar and click sensitivity. hope that helps!
biggrin.gif
That sensitivity doesn't have anything to do with what we are talking about here. It's about how sensitive the Wii should be for light sources. It's so that it sees the sensorbar but doesn't see the lamp that is reflecting on the screen.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I believe we have strayed off-topic.
We were talking about girls covered in Jello playing Wii. Stay focused, guys!
wink.gif

happy.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it just my TV because I think the pointer really sucks. On my TV, after all that sensitivity and things like that, the pointer is still always WAY OFF.

Yes, but even with the so called "sensitivity" tweaked to your liking, the pointer is still not 100% accurate, meaning, the cursor isn't at the exact location where you're pointing, but somewhere a little higher/lower/to the side. It doesn't act like a light gun (line-of-sight), it acts a bit computer-mouse-like instead. You get used to it. In fact, most people don't even notice the cursor isn't exactly where you're pointing the Wiimote.

Guys, you don't need complicated calibration software to solve your problems.
The answere is soooooo easyyyy !
You can't really find out why you have such stupid problems, do you ?
Well I am a litte bit in a rush but I'll explain it to you, so that you can stop crying and blaiming Nintendo for your own limited imagination.

OK.
Let's start.....

Problem #1

The one that your pointer points to the side.
This is the one that apparently has no software fix to it , right ?
So why don't you just move your sensor bar, maite ?
If it points slightly to the right , it's because YOUR sensor bar is not placed exactly in the center of the TV set, but slightly to the right!! Does it make sense to you ? I hope it does.
And even if it sits right at the center, try to detach it anyway and slide it ever so slightly to the left or right untill the pointer point axactly where YOU want it to be !!
Easy enough even for you right ? No need to call Nintendo and blaime them for something that is so easy to fix.

Problem #2

The ponter is a little higher/lower.
Well it's perfectly normal.
Again, it doesn't need to point exactly where you are pointing at like with a light gun, in fact you are not supposed to hold your arm straight(you would get tired very fast), but instead just let it rest on your lap and you'll see that it points axactly at the center of the screen.
Not quite so ?
Why don't you try to change the settings where it says sensor bar position above or below television ?
That helps a lot, and if for some obscure reason you still want it to act as a light gun and point exactly at the center, remember trick #1 ? Just slide the sensor bar up or down untill it matches your sight and stick it to your TV with the provided sensor bar sticky tape!!

Now I hope all your problem are solved today. Honestly, the guys complaining about a weak wrist strap had more brain.........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up