The Third Birthday hitting America this March

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The 3rd Birthday, the PSP action-RPG entry in Square Enix's Parasite Eve series, comes to North America on March 29, 2011. Yvonne Strahovski (Mass Effect 2's Miranda) will voice series heroine Aya Brea.
[/p]

Source

Small news article but the point is that T3B should be hitting in English soon.

Still haven't played the original Parasite Eve games but I guess I should in preparation.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PR:
QUOTE said:
CELEBRATE THE 3RD BIRTHDAY ON MARCH 29, 2011

Square Enix Announces North American Ship Date and Celebrity Voice Cast for New Action-RPG

LOS ANGELES (Feb. 1, 2011) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that The 3rd Birthday™ will ship to North American retailers on March 29, 2011. Developed exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, The 3rd Birthday is an action-RPG that offers an all-new story-driven shooter for the handheld platform.

Square Enix also revealed a celebrity voice cast for The 3rd Birthday, including Yvonne Strahovski of NBC's Chuck as the voice of Aya Brea. "I was immediately interested when Square Enix approached me with the opportunity to play Aya Brea in The 3rd Birthday. I love Aya – she's strong, driven and ready to take on the world," said Yvonne Strahovski. "My goal was to bring all of her characteristics to life to really tell her story and create the best experience for all gamers." Additionally, the mysterious Kyle Madigan is voiced by Jensen Ackles of the CW's Supernatural. "The 3rd Birthday will pull players in immediately with its incredible graphics and character-driven story line," said Jensen Ackles. "I felt like I was creating a movie."

An engrossing new chapter for Aya Brea, the main character in the hugely popular PARASITE EVE® series, The 3rd Birthday is a unique combination of fast-paced gameplay with compelling character development. The game delivers polished, riveting visuals unmatched among portable games.

With character design by Tetsuya Nomura, renowned for his work on the FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS franchises, The 3rd Birthday presents players with an enigmatic cast of characters in The 3rd Birthday. Players must navigate through a dangerous Manhattan of 2012 as Aya Brea – a strong, complex female protagonist. Her vulnerability in the face of a great threat makes Aya a captivating and deeply human character with whom players will develop a strong emotional connection over the course of the story. With the fate of the world in her hands, players must help Aya fulfill her role as the only one who can save mankind from the menace of the Twisted.

Story

Hideous creatures descend on Manhattan. Ground reports from the squad tasked with containing the pandemonium refer to these life-forms as the Twisted. An investigatory team known as the CTI is formed within the year.

The Overdive System emerges as a means of opposition, but only one viable candidate exists – Aya Brea. A gift as she awakens from a lost past on this, the occasion of her third birth.

Features

• Exciting new chapter for Aya Brea from the popular PARASITE EVE® series: An engaging, all-new tale of survival horror set in a ravaged New York City

• A true action-RPG hybrid: Resist the Twisted's vicious onslaught in a third-person shooter, with a heavy dose of character progression and customization

• Strategic gameplay: The new "Overdive System" gives players a tactical advantage as they make split-second decisions on the battlefield

• All-star production staff: Including producer Yoshinori Kitase (FINAL FANTASY® series), director Hajime Tabata (CRISIS CORE® -FINAL FANTASY VII-), character designer Tetsuya Nomura (KINGDOM HEARTS series), art director Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY XIII) and music by Yoko Shimomura (KINGDOM HEARTS series)

The 3rd Birthday will be available at North American retailers on March 29, 2011 for the suggested retail price of $29.99. The 3rd Birthday is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

For more information and to preorder now, please visit the official website:

http://na.square-enix.com/the3rdbirthday
Strangely they make no mention of Lightning's Aya costume for Dissidia 012, which we at least know is coming with the EU Twisted version, or a PSN release.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Whaaa Yvonne Strahovski is doing the voice acting? Well thats cool.

Im kinda wondering tho, wouldnt the game do better on some other system? PSP is kinda dead already..

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Theraima said:
Whaaa Yvonne Strahovski is doing the voice acting? Well thats cool.

Im kinda wondering tho, wouldnt the game do better on some other system? PSP is kinda dead already..
Not in Japan. And since SE is a Japanese developer...
*crosses fingers that this doesn't become a PSP hate thread full of ignorant DS fanboys! Or fanboys of any other platform. OR people begging for ports to other platforms*

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theraima said:

They wanted it on a portable and I doubt any other system could handle it outside of maybe iPads or newer iPhones/iPod Touches. But given the game's power requirements (supposedly it'll be the most power-hungry PSP game to date and odds are will have the most advanced graphics, I'll let Goli give a real answer to that question though since I assume that he's played it) and the requirements for buttons (who would want to have all those buttons on a touchscreen?), the PSP is the best choice.

And it's not dead yet, probably has more coming to it than the DS I'd say. But as Goli said, let's not make this into a PSP debate thread.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
(supposedly it'll be the most power-hungry PSP game to date and odds are will have the most advanced graphics, I'll let Goli give a real answer to that question though since I assume that he's played it) and the requirements for buttons (who would want to have all those buttons on a touchscreen?)
The game engine was built for PS3/360 but then modified for PSP.

At least that is what Goli said to me.
I could of read it wrong but....
Let's just wait for Goli

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
prwlr. said:
Guild McCommunist said:
(supposedly it'll be the most power-hungry PSP game to date and odds are will have the most advanced graphics, I'll let Goli give a real answer to that question though since I assume that he's played it) and the requirements for buttons (who would want to have all those buttons on a touchscreen?)

Let's just wait for Goli
Yes, developer HexaDrive was approached by SE to develop the game, but they thought they wanted to do an HD game, so they built an engine suited for it, after SE told it was for PSP the engine was modified.
Honestly, if we're talking about handhelds only, it could only be done on PSP, and now, NGP. Sure the iPad/Phone/Pod Touch 4G could probably render the game, but play it? on a touch screen only? It would require some really drastic modifications.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
prwlr. said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Let's just wait for Goli
The fuck... this game was being made for Japanese CELLPHONES, can you link me where do you even read they were making it for PS3/XBOX360?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
March is gonna be devastating to my bank balance. Just off the top of my head...

- 3DS and at least a couple of games. That's a good £300 gone right there.

- Dissidia Duodecim. Another £30

- 3rd Birthday, another £30

- Dragon Age 2, at least another £40

- Rent, another £200

- Food, At least another £40

- Taking my lady friend out to dinner, fuck knows, depends where to and how often.

- Flowers, chocolates, etc for aforementioned lady friend, again cost unknown, depends on what chocolates I get her, I guess.

Looks like I'm working extra shifts for a while
frown.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
- 3rd Birthday, another £30

I pre-ordered the twisted edition for about £23, so you'll probably be able to get the regular edition cheaper if you're not interested in the art book.

edit: I don't think its coming out in March in europe anyway.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1