The Super Meat Boy Thread /w Poll

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,711
  • Replies 19

Are you going to be buying/getting this platformer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Cboxsupermeatboy.jpg

Release date(s) October 20, 2010(XBLA), November 2010(PC, Mac, WiiWare)​

As the topic states, this is about the game Super Meat Boy, this is a platformer and a reboot of the Flash game from Newgrounds Meatboy, I myself am so excited for this game and cannot wait till tomorrow.

You can find the Classic Flash version here.

The goal of the game is to make it to your Girlfriend Bandage Girl by going through trap infested levels.

Ign's Super Meat Boy Preview

Reviews:

MetaCritic
IGN
Joystiq
GamePro
1 UP

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Enjoy your $15 Meatboy mod.
It's not a simple mod, everything has been completely redone, I'm not even sure any levels from the original are back in this one... The creators have stated that not a single piece of artwork has been reused at all.

A reboot fits the description more properly as OP originally stated.

Also, for the Xbox 360, it has been confirmed that it will be 800 mspoints instead of the original 1200 for the first few weeks ($10 instead of $15). The game will feature a chapter called The Internets that includes content that couldn't be squeezed into the main storyline and allows for future FREE DLC to be added soon. The PC version will have a level editor and the creators have stated that they will take the best user-created PC levels after an amount of time and bring them over onto the 360 via The Internets chapter.

It's lookin' good, might blow all the MSPoints that Bing has been giving me for free on this...!
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Also, the PC version will come with a level editor, a level will be picked by-weekly and added to "the internets".

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gonna re-post from another topic, some interesting videos I found in which the two creators of the game are interviewed for an upcoming film, Indie Game: The Movie.

ARTIST/DESIGNER EDMUND MCMILLEN AND HOW HE CAME TO WORK IN GAMES AND ON SUPER MEAT BOY

THE DEVELOPERS OF SUPER MEAT BOY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF CONTROLS WITHIN A GAME

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Hells Malice said:
Enjoy your $15 Meatboy mod.
It's not a simple mod, everything has been completely redone, I'm not even sure any levels from the original are back in this one... The creators have stated that not a single piece of artwork has been reused at all.

A reboot fits the description more properly as OP originally stated.

Also, for the Xbox 360, it has been confirmed that it will be 800 mspoints instead of the original 1200 for the first few weeks ($10 instead of $15). The game will feature a chapter called The Internets that includes content that couldn't be squeezed into the main storyline and allows for future FREE DLC to be added soon. The PC version will have a level editor and the creators have stated that they will take the best user-created PC levels after an amount of time and bring them over onto the 360 via The Internets chapter.

It's lookin' good, might blow all the MSPoints that Bing has been giving me for free on this...!
happy.gif
it was sarcasm lol
because brandonspikes replied in the fallout NV thread and called it a $60 fallout 3 mod
http://gbatemp.net/t260788-fallout-new-veg...t&p=3212241

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying it myself, looks to have had a lot of effort and love put into it and I like to support smaller devs.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
This game looks great.
I remember reading about it a month ago. It looks great. I haven't played the original Flash game so it's all new to me. It seems like an awesome platformer. I'll be buying this game. Buying, not pirating.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won my copy of XBLA Super Meat Boy via Twitter. Pre-release too.
smile.gif

Probably gonna buy it if they put out a physical PC copy since I hate Steam, but still want to support the developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended