Gaming The Star Wars Battlefront 2 Portable Restoration Mod

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Why do you think so ? I asked a lot of questions and only a few of them answered on this topic, Don is the best person who can answer. Can we modify the PC tool in order to use with PSP version, why modding took this long (was it learning or he was busy with school, private life etc.) the reason to ask this whether improving it would take months or its easier now since he learned it. Why we can't raise the number of maps, game is just 180 MB and galactic conquest mod taking . These are not just for Don there are at least 3 person who modded this game and must be a lot of who can but never interested.

Also I like to keep the topic alive.

I should soooooo do a Q&A thread hahha lol I'm not THAT famous. Unfortunately the psp scene is dead except transaaltions there are a few great ones ongoing or well at least the ones that I like.

Anyways It took me a year because of troubles with real life and also me getting a new laptop. Furthermore I am retired from modding this game for the PSP but I don't really have anything else planned. Currently I'm just looking forwards to watching Star wars 7 on Friday at 4pm and until then I'm just playing games on my laptop (currently playing through the HORRIBLE pc port of la noire) anyways I was also playing BF1 & BF2 online a few hours ago. Unfortunately battlefront 1 pc has no online peeps to play with which makes me sad. But bf2 is has activety here and there.

The old Battlefronts are ture star wars BF games. I haven't played the new one but I will in the next few years.

You can create custom maps for this game and you cant add any exisiting pc mods to the psp port. You cant replace the challenges with new mpas or modes either since I couldn't freaking find any LVL files for challenges.

Anymore questions????

Anyone else seeing the new movie this week?? You excited???

Anyone intrested in playing on the pc ports of these games online I mean?

I usually reply every 2nd or third day on here.

Jonathanhereinmygarage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should soooooo do a Q&A thread hahha lol I'm not THAT famous. Unfortunately the psp scene is dead except transaaltions there are a few great ones ongoing or well at least the ones that I like.

Anyways It took me a year because of troubles with real life and also me getting a new laptop. Furthermore I am retired from modding this game for the PSP but I don't really have anything else planned. Currently I'm just looking forwards to watching Star wars 7 on Friday at 4pm and until then I'm just playing games on my laptop (currently playing through the HORRIBLE pc port of la noire) anyways I was also playing BF1 & BF2 online a few hours ago. Unfortunately battlefront 1 pc has no online peeps to play with which makes me sad. But bf2 is has activety here and there.

The old Battlefronts are ture star wars BF games. I haven't played the new one but I will in the next few years.

You can create custom maps for this game and you cant add any exisiting pc mods to the psp port. You cant replace the challenges with new mpas or modes either since I couldn't freaking find any LVL files for challenges.

Anymore questions????

Anyone else seeing the new movie this week?? You excited???

Anyone intrested in playing on the pc ports of these games online I mean?

I usually reply every 2nd or third day on here.
You bet I'm excited for the new movie (isn't everyone?) I also feel super hyper right now after watching the smash direct. Also by playing around with the settings on ppsspp I got Felicia to work a bit longer. About 30 seconds. Yay.

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can we modify the PC tool in order to use with PSP version

Yes, this is indeed possible. I've already got semi-working tools. The maps don't work correctly yet however.

I've already got a custom test map ingame but it's not perfected yet, as in, HUGE graphical glitches. You're right about the PC mods for the most part, but if you have the original assets, you can convert the mod. No one has attempted custom sides yet but the map itself can be converted, if you remove certain parts of the maps that are "too much" for the PSP to handle. You can also replace the challenges with new maps by creating new Lua scripts named "tat2g_dcm" or whatever map you're trying to replace. The original scripts for the challenges can't be obtained but pre-compiled versions can be extracted from mission.lvl. Heck, there's a few challenges set on Jabba's Palace, Coruscant, and Utapau. Heh, exclusive challenges made for the PSP version never even made it into the real game. xD

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't expect much from the movie, first 3 movies of Star Wars was cool (second movie was the best) then they screwed up imo. Last 2 Star Trek movies were much better than any other Star Wars movies.

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I don't expect much from the movie, first 3 movies of Star Wars was cool (second movie was the best) then they screwed up imo. Last 2 Star Trek movies were much better than any other Star Wars movies.

This might not mean much but I loved the prequels as I grew up with them yet I still appreciate the older trilogy too.

My order of S,W films would be

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
iT WAS AMAZING!!!!

I think rei is lukes daughter.
Furthermore was coruscant one of the planets destroyed by the first order??? I hope it wasn't. Also rumor is that Snoke is Plegueisis aka Palapatines master.
AND WHY DID SOLO DIE
Because Harrison Ford is alive but look like Santa. I just realize I didn't play this game for the last 3 days, Lord of Arcana taking my time, tonight I'll play it.

Reactions: ARC-117

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31833
I found some fellow modders here! They've found a way to port PC Mods to The Psp Game!
Yes, I've been working with AnthonyBF2 for a while. I've actually been testing his mod since November. I've also helped him out a little bit with the unit textures.

Here's a video if anyone wants to see the mod, just beware, the audio is bad:

I would also like to stress the fact that even though PC Mods *can* be ported to the PSP version, there's still a lot to be done, such as discovering how to get new units into the game. (Those 41st Textures don't count) There's also a ton of limits, things the PSP can't handle. Huge maps with tons of objects are definitely out of the question. It's also highly unlikely you'll see any of the PC Mods on PSP other than a select few. Mainly because, we don't have the source to 90% of the PC Mods.

Last edited by DylanRocket,

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want the larger maps, what I want is the maps of original PSP version and newly added maps together if they don't work together a few new maps which don't work can be left out for original maps.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yes, I've been working with AnthonyBF2 for a while. I've actually been testing his mod since November. I've also helped him out a little bit with the unit textures.

Here's a video if anyone wants to see the mod, just beware, the audio is bad:

I would also like to stress the fact that even though PC Mods *can* be ported to the PSP version, there's still a lot to be done, such as discovering how to get new units into the game. (Those 41st Textures don't count) There's also a ton of limits, things the PSP can't handle. Huge maps with tons of objects are definitely out of the question. It's also highly unlikely you'll see any of the PC Mods on PSP other than a select few. Mainly because, we don't have the source to 90% of the PC Mods.

This is great progress. Could we get the missing 3 maps to work too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: