Gaming The Star Wars Battlefront 2 Portable Restoration Mod

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
This game was addictive like alcohol now its additive like drugs. Since Sunday evening I played nearly 12 hours, can't leave device before 2-3 hours once I start playing.

Reactions: FuryTomic

ARC-117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it took 1 Year and 2 Months but finally i present You with the Battlefront 2 Portable Restoration Mod

V.1.0:Latest Release)

Download LINK:
SWBF2PRM V 1.0.rar(Sign into google to download the file)

The Installation Procedure is within the .zip file as well as a copy of all the known bugs which i have listed below

Known Bugs:
There are a few bugs which you NEED to be AWARE OF so PLEASE READ THIS!!!

This mod wont mess up your pc or psp so dont worry about that.

The bugs that i mention below will effect the gameplay.

There are 4 bugs in total which i have found solitions too!Please check them out below

Bug 1: MOS EISLEY HUNT MODE
As you are aware i modded all the deault maps and even changed a few.However when you try to play Mos Eisley hunt mod you will notice that you cant see a option to select your unit and SPAWN onto the map.
HOWEVER you CAN just do this.

Press X and it will let you chose your unit and then ENJOY!!

(its a minor bug but at least the mode works XD)

BUG 2: Kasshyk WHERE ARE THE ACKLAY DON ABU!!!

To unleash the acklay on the Kasshyk map modes you need to KEEP shooting the control pannel(the panel will be on the metal gate) on the repulbic/rebel side of the map so that the METAL GATE breaks and the the ACKLAY can smash your enemies.But if you are on CIS AND EMPIRE to kill acklay either you can go behind the metal gates and kill all the acklay(but they will keep respawning) OR you can shoot the control panel and then kill them one at a time.

(Again a minor BUG)

Bug 3 Jabbas Palace: Rancor Pitt

As you may already now that Jabbas palace has a jabba and his pet rancor on the actual map.However on the psp version of Jabbas Palace you can completely CRASH your psp if you go near the rancor.
Now you might be thinking BUT I LIKED GOING DOWN THE TRAP DOOR!! WELL luckily You CAN go down the trap door.
HOWEVER when you go down the trap door MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GO NEAR THE RANCOR!!! GO AROUND IT and out the backside door of the rancor pit!!!

YOU CAN do the following things in the rancor pit without crashing the game:

Explore the rancor pit and go in through the trap door as well as out the back door.
You can shoot your enemies in the rancor pit
You can also SHOOT the rancor

What you CANNOT do in the rancor pit is:
Walk towards or make your Soilder TOUCH or go near the rancor!!!

SO dont go near the rancor but you CAN do everything else as usual!!

To avoid crashing the game by going near the rancor to exit the rancor pit please move around the rancor and exit through the back door!!

Bug 4 Jabbas Palace: Command Post 3 and The roof

As you all should now by know that the Jabbas palace map port for the PSP wasnt 100% complete.

It wasnt complete in 2 Ways which are that:

1.The whole map has no ROOF which means that you CAN use a JETPACK and go ONTOP of the WHOLE MAP!!

2.There is no floor under command post 3

So lets start with Command post 3:

Command post 3 is used as a spawning point for the CIS and the REBELS and as such when you are playing as either CIS or REBELS PLEASE ensure that you spawn at another Command post and NOT Command post 3.If you do this then you can succesfull play as CIS OR REBELS on Jabbas palace.

However how do you capture CP3 then?

Well luckily if your playing as CIS or Rebels then you will start off with owning CP3 and therefore you dont need to capture it since the REPUBLIC AND EMPIRE CANNOT capture it without falling into the floor and therefore respawning.So if your CIS OR REBELS you just avoid CP3 and the capture the rest of the CPs.

However if your REPUBLIC or Empire then in order to cpature CP3 you do this:

First of all let me explain that there are 2 ways to capture CP3.Either by entering from north or south sides of the CP.However both sides dont have a 100% floor so you will fall into the floor if you try to walk towards CP3.

Therefore if you want to capture cp3 all you need to do is one of the following:

You can use your JET/DARK troopers and simply fly to the centre of the big black circle upon which cp3 rests on.

REMEMBER THAT THE CIRCLE UPON WHICH COMMAND POST 3 SITS ON IS ALL solid!!!

So you can either fly to that black circle and then land there and capture CP3

or

You can jump from either north or south sides of the map.

You can jump from the solid areas and over the no floor areas onto the black solid circle which is solid and therefore you can capture cp3!

Onto the no roof bug!

The no roof bug isnt a bug since to me its more of a cool thing about the psp map port.

However to get above the map you need to use a DARK/JET trooper and fly from the solid area where command post 3 sits on and then you basically fly UPWARDS from CP3 through the false roof and then you can fly around above the map.

Have fun and BTW i couldnt fix the CP3 no floor bug since adding a floor is something the Developers can only do.

END OF KNOWN AND SOLVED BUGS

Credits for the Production of this mod go to:

EVERYTHING(Leader/Modder/Hexer/Oragniser/Scriptor/Tester): Don Abu
First test:Jocob Rosa
Various GBATEMP mods who helped me clean up the thread for the mod
Managing the GBATEMP thread: Furytomic
Lucasarts for making SWBF2

Someone help Me Download this... I am already logged in 4Shared...

ARC-117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either he isn't that much interested or in a very strange timezone, I would reply to my messages in 20 hours :)
I'm not going to even start right now for the g+ stuff lol.
Sorry Don, but I don't get emails from this site so I'm pretty late. I've logged into 4Shared with gmail but to no avail...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-12-14-50-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-12-14-50-00.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by ARC-117,

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Last week I was gonna buy vita (3.51) to play this game, some say its running some don't.

It should work on the vita but I haven't checked. I assumed that if it works on the PSP then it should work on the vita. However I was wrong since I didn't take into account that the vita cannot increase clock speed(I think) which is what causes the mod to crash on the vita

Sorry Vita users

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
@Don Abu mate I'm playing this game for more than a year but scenes and characters are totally foreign to me, never watched a Start Wars movie.

Did we lost some of the maps with this patch ? I was playing in a structure on the surface of the moon but can't find it any more, also Tatooine map freezing all the time. Played once on ppsspp but to the truth not that important actually. Even the first map in the list is enough imo.

I can't believe that this topic is that silent especially nowadays new battlefront game will be out today.

Edit: only thing I don't like about this game map list don't have any kind if preview of the environment we choose and I can't memorize these weird map names.

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,
Reactions: ARC-117

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
@Don Abu mate I'm playing this game for more than a year but scenes and characters are totally foreign to me, never watched a Start Wars movie.

Did we lost some of the maps with this patch ? I was playing in a structure on the surface of the moon but can't find it any more, also Tatooine map freezing all the time. Played once on ppsspp but to the truth not that important actually. Even the first map in the list is enough imo.

I can't believe that this topic is that silent especially nowadays new battlefront game will be out today.

Edit: only thing I don't like about this game map list don't have any kind if preview of the environment we choose and I can't memorize these weird map names.

True more activity would be cool here but meh I think people are either waiting for the SWBF reboot or they don't have a psp anymore.
I personally was playing SWBF2 online on pc and that was very active due to the new Battlefront game.

A few maps were replaced and that was mentioned in previous posts. Only 5 maps went since I needed to get rid of them to add the missing maps.

It's working on my 3.36 Vita using TN-V

Oh really that's awesome and enjoy the game.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
True more activity would be cool here but meh I think people are either waiting for the SWBF reboot or they don't have a psp anymore.
I personally was playing SWBF2 online on pc and that was very active due to the new Battlefront game.

A few maps were replaced and that was mentioned in previous posts. Only 5 maps went since I needed to get rid of them to add the missing maps.

That swamp map was cool, is it easy for us personalize the map list, I mean replace with those we like. challenges are not working on my device its freezing us it the same for you ? First I thought its about compression since I convert the file to dax but even iso didn't work.

Reactions: ARC-117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto