Gaming The Star Wars Battlefront 2 Portable Restoration Mod

AirRaid101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the file he modded a while ago.it was a pre pre alpha.Its a mission.lvl file

All you do is use umdgen on your copy of Swbf2 to open it up.
Find the mission.lvl
Delete the mission.lvl inside of the iso
Add in Don Abus mission.lvl

Then save as and play the game.

In his pre pre alpha he had given me a few test levels
Such as Mustafar GCW Ctf Wookie VS wampas
Wampas on Polis masa
Wampas on Nabooo

Wampa madness it is epic.

I hope he can pick it up one day.

Awesome!! I just have 1 more question. Earlier on this forum, he said that he was able to add sound to all 4 sides. (sounds that inform you of the battle and the hero/villain you pick.) If you can, can you explain how to add the sounds to battlefront 2?

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!! I just have 1 more question. Earlier on this forum, he said that he was able to add sound to all 4 sides. (sounds that inform you of the battle and the hero/villain you pick.) If you can, can you explain how to add the sounds to battlefront 2?

No im afraid only don abu nows how to do that.Id recomend asking him for that.But i can give u the pre pre pre pre Alpha

AirRaid101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update

It seems that my new laptop is incompatible with the modding tools i was using to mod star wars battlefrtont 2 for the psp.So due to this reason i am sad to say that this mod has been put on hold if not cancelled.I just want to apologize to all of you who waited for this.Also please understand that i also wanted tot see this come into fruition but reality kicked in.

But i have SWBF2 and SWBF1 for window so i might start modding there.

Hey Don Abu, can you please explain how to add sound to all 4 sides? The sounds that inform you of the battle and which hero/villain you pick?

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hey Don Abu, can you please explain how to add sound to all 4 sides? The sounds that inform you of the battle and which hero/villain you pick?

I cant explain this as it requires a long process which i hard and painfully excrutiating for the average user.i am going to have another shot at using the tools to mod swbf2 on my psp.

AirRaid101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No im afraid only don abu nows how to do that.Id recomend asking him for that.But i can give u the pre pre pre pre Alpha[/Q
I cant explain this as it requires a long process which i hard and painfully excrutiating for the average user.i am going to have another shot at using the tools to mod swbf2 on my psp.

Thats cool. And sorry for all of the questions lately. I just recently discovered this forum.

OlivusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i have his iso. You can find it on youtube.
It isnt perfect his .iso .

Any chance you can post a link or a download? I can only find three videos on YouTube regarding PSP mods - two of them are Rhen Var mods (with messed up sections of the game, e.g. Clones on Hoth) and the other no longer has a link to the mod.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you can post a link or a download? I can only find three videos on YouTube regarding PSP mods - two of them are Rhen Var mods (with messed up sections of the game, e.g. Clones on Hoth) and the other no longer has a link to the mod.

Links are against rules but its the rhen var one

NotABrick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whaaaaaaa???

People still modding the PSP???
I made an account just to say that you people are epic ;)

Also, where would I learn how to hex edit games to do this sort of thing (specifically increasing AI and the like)?

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems that my new laptop is incompatible with the modding tools i was using to mod star wars battlefrtont 2 for the psp.

Hello, I'm a experienced SWBF2 modder. I've been modding the game since 2011 or 2012.

The SWBF2 mod tools are not compatible with the PSP version of the game. Basically, the developers handed over the game to another company to port it to the PSP. They modified the mod tools so that they could compile files that were compatible with the PSP version. These modified tools have never been released to the public unfortunately, so new maps are not a possibility.

However, Teancum from Gametoast created a script compiler and released it here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=408310#p408310 Basically you can create your own mission.lvl and change the units on each team.

You can modify the units through the scripts as well. Here's an example of something you can insert into scripts:

SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_sniper", "WeaponName4", "rep_weap_inf_remotedroid")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName1", "imp_weap_inf_arccaster")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName2", "rep_weap_inf_pistol")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName3", "rep_weap_inf_fusioncutter")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_sniper", "WeaponName4", "rep_weap_inf_remotedroid")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_sniper", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid_red")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName1", "cis_weap_inf_mortar_launcher")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName2", "cis_weap_inf_pistol")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName3", "cis_weap_inf_fusioncutter")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_rocketeer", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid_blue")

Basically the "WeaponName" replaces the weapons and "OverrideTexture" replaces the texture, however, Override texture only works with certain units.

From experience, I've found that the PS2 Shell.lvl is indeed compatible with the PSP version. Replacing the PSP shell with the PS2 shell will add the unused maps to the instant action menu so that you don't have to replace other maps.

Here's Kamino loaded on emulator:

As you can see, it's not really worth your time. Kamino is the best of the 3 undiscovered ones. The Death Star literally has no textures and Felucia was so glitchy, it not only crashed the emulator but my laptop as well.

Here's another undiscovered map, a test map:

I'm willing to try to help you out with modding the PSP version, but keep in mind PSP modding is very limited.

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a experienced SWBF2 modder. I've been modding the game since 2011 or 2012.

The SWBF2 mod tools are not compatible with the PSP version of the game. Basically, the developers handed over the game to another company to port it to the PSP. They modified the mod tools so that they could compile files that were compatible with the PSP version. These modified tools have never been released to the public unfortunately, so new maps are not a possibility.

However, Teancum from Gametoast created a script compiler and released it here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=408310#p408310 Basically you can create your own mission.lvl and change the units on each team.

You can modify the units through the scripts as well. Here's an example of something you can insert into scripts:

SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_sniper", "WeaponName4", "rep_weap_inf_remotedroid")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName1", "imp_weap_inf_arccaster")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName2", "rep_weap_inf_pistol")
SetClassProperty("rep_inf_ep2_engineer", "WeaponName3", "rep_weap_inf_fusioncutter")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_sniper", "WeaponName4", "rep_weap_inf_remotedroid")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_sniper", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid_red")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName1", "cis_weap_inf_mortar_launcher")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName2", "cis_weap_inf_pistol")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "WeaponName3", "cis_weap_inf_fusioncutter")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_engineer", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid")
SetClassProperty("cis_inf_rocketeer", "OverrideTexture", "cis_inf_battledroid_blue")

Basically the "WeaponName" replaces the weapons and "OverrideTexture" replaces the texture, however, Override texture only works with certain units.

From experience, I've found that the PS2 Shell.lvl is indeed compatible with the PSP version. Replacing the PSP shell with the PS2 shell will add the unused maps to the instant action menu so that you don't have to replace other maps.

Here's Kamino loaded on emulator:

As you can see, it's not really worth your time. Kamino is the best of the 3 undiscovered ones. The Death Star literally has no textures and Felucia was so glitchy, it not only crashed the emulator but my laptop as well.

Here's another undiscovered map, a test map:

I'm willing to try to help you out with modding the PSP version, but keep in mind PSP modding is very limited.

He claps claps and claps again

Wow well done man. May i ask if AI can be increased. Well they can be increased cause Brodous did it but how?

Also Don abu mentioned how the tools he is using dont work with Windows 10! How can he get them to work?

He ALREADY is using the SWBF2 modding tools but they dont work on his laptop so could you get them to work with windows 10?

Itd be awesome if you 2 joined forces and created a conversion pack perhaps for the psp port maybe even get deep into the control scheme and change it so we dont need to presss triangle to look up

UPDATE

I miss read it seems...

You are incorrect. I recollect Don abu informimg me countless time on how the SWBF2 tools DID work with the psp version that how he was modding the game

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can modify the amount of AI. I believe there's a line you can change called "Units".

It's been said many times that the PC Mod Tools are not compatible with the PSP version of the game, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I suppose the PS2 compiler in the mod tools might work for the PSP, but I can't get it to compile files for anything other than the PC version.

As for getting the tools working, it really depends on what the problem is. If the problem is that the mod tools won't munge(compile) the files, this fix would likely work: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=30415

Also be sure to have the mod tools located in a directory without spaces, for example, mine is located in C:\BF2_ModTools.

And I'd love to help out if any help is needed. There's tons of tutorials at Gametoast that can be found here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806 Look under the Lua section as that'd probably be the only parts of the game that can be modified.

Reactions: FuryTomic

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can modify the amount of AI. I believe there's a line you can change called "Units".

It's been said many times that the PC Mod Tools are not compatible with the PSP version of the game, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I suppose the PS2 compiler in the mod tools might work for the PSP, but I can't get it to compile files for anything other than the PC version.

As for getting the tools working, it really depends on what the problem is. If the problem is that the mod tools won't munge(compile) the files, this fix would likely work: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=30415

Also be sure to have the mod tools located in a directory without spaces, for example, mine is located in C:\BF2_ModTools.

And I'd love to help out if any help is needed. There's tons of tutorials at Gametoast that can be found here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806 Look under the Lua section as that'd probably be the only parts of the game that can be modified.

The problem is that the munge doesnt create a Mission.lvl

(You only click COMMON before you munge right)

Also HOW do you apply the mungefix?

Last edited by FuryTomic,

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I say the main 3 things i cant add are

1.the 3 maps
2.Increase AI BOTS
3.PC MODS

The Ai bots can be increased to 32 on the psp version but i dont now how.

Thats what needs doing
apart from them 3 things above
I have everything else covered
i was thinking maybe we could add the story back into the psp version.we could replace it with the challenge and conquest modes but thatd take a bitch lot of work.

But AI BOTS are my main problem.followed by thoose 3 maps.

Well im back with new Weird and CRAZY updates for you all:

But first i just wanted to say Hi to DylanRocket and can he please PM me with his Skype or Email so we can start on this.

Right so you might be thinking why has crazy pants Quoted his own post well this is going to sound fucking Deja vu-ish But Guess what!
Thanks to the PSP compiler that DylanRocket shared.I have got myself a Mission.lvl that allows you to have increased AI units on ALL maps.
Lets get into specifics:
So basically All MAPS excluding Hoth(there might be 2-3 more) have gone from having only 10 AI per map(Lol devs what were you thinking and why didnt you give the SWBF2 psp port online i mean we got 2 PSP exclusives which had AMAZING online servers which lasted uptill Gamespy shutdown RIP but that rant will be added after we finish this project) TO 24 AI per map.Thats right 24 AI that will be working at fast speeds which will make it seem like the true laptop experience-ish.

Now i said EXCLUDING HOTH well... HOTH HAS 32 AI PER MAP!!!! thats right 32 AI on ALL hoth modes which is just epic especially on your lil sexy psp screen lol.

I just want to make one thing clear before we proceed.This increased AI mission.lvl isnt mine so i aint going to claim credit for its existence.But i hope to be able to with the help of DylanRocket find out HOW this increased AI lvl was created and if we can replicate it BUT not only replicate it but also force it to work with the shit ton of features i had plans to RESTORE into the psp port.

Now that clears up why i quoted my own post because now we are closer to finding out HOW to increase AI on the psp port.

DylanRocket you mentioned we can increase the Units via the scripts well that DOESNT work with the psp for some reason so we will need to use whatever black magic Broadus used to increase the AI.

Right i also said it was DEJA vu-ISH Well this is because at this momment in time i can increase the AI but cannot do all the things i could before i got my new laptop which is just freaking crazy and kinda sucks.

However its time we change that.

When i said the tools had stopped working i was referring to the Star wars BF2 pc MOD tools which were released by the Pimps over at LUCASARTS and YES thats how i managed to include a shit ton of things EXCLUDING THE AI.

But since i got my laptop and upgraded to windows 10 i have no longer been able to get the tools to work UNTILL TODAY.

I used the MUNGEFIX and it created the mission.lvl which was 85kb in size and i reinserted it into the psp iso and the game loaded up BUT as i was to select a ceartin modded map guess whay happens.

ABOSLUTLEY NOTHING thats right no loadscreen just a sad psp modder dying inside......

That is currently the problem so now at the momment the tools work and i can munge and have got an increased AI lvl BUT any munged lvls created by the mungetools no longer work.However before they did.

I am therefore in trouble since i dont now how to get the mission.lvl to work.
BUT
I now the problem its obviously the LVL size which is only 85kb EVERY time you munge unlike the original psp mission.lvl or the newly found increased AI mission.lvl.

I think this problem may be due to my own fault.

DylanRocket could you please tell me how to actually apply the mungefix? since im 100% sure i diddnt apply it correctly.

Before the munge wouldnt work but now it does due to the fix but now the mission.lvls arent being munged correctly which is why the file size is soo small.

So give me detaiiled steps as to how you apply the fix.

But ive decided as a gift/celebration im going to give you guys the Increased AI mission.lvl so now you can have crazy battles on the default psp maps.

Steps on applying the mission.lvl to your psp swbf2 iso:

1.Download the mission.lvl from my 4shared
2.Download the UMDGEN tool (google search it OR comment below and ill upload it)
3.Open the umdgen.exe
4.Click the file tab and click open and then find your swbf2 iso and double click it to see that it has opened up and you can see its content.
5.Click the following folders in the following orders
USRDIR
DATA
LVLPSP
6.In the LVLPSP folder you will see a file called mission.lvl
7.Right click and delete the mission.lvl (if you cant find it look below the YAV folder)
8.Then rightclick whilst your in the LVLpsp folder and it will give you the option of Adding something
9.Click add files
10.Find the downloaded mission.lvl and click it and it should now be in the lvlpsp folder.
11.Click file tab and click save as
12.Rename it to anything and then let it create the iso for you.

I tested the mission.lvl on PPSSPP it and runs beautifully.It will ALSO work with your PSPs aslong as you have CFW on them.
IF you do then move the iso to your ISO folder in the root of your memory stick and then you can play the game BUT please increase BOTH clock speeds to 333/333mhz for the game to run fast like it would on a pc.

Download link:

DylanRocket help me with answering the questions above and pm me please thanks.

See you soon

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im back with new Weird and CRAZY updates for you all:

But first i just wanted to say Hi to DylanRocket and can he please PM me with his Skype or Email so we can start on this.

Right so you might be thinking why has crazy pants Quoted his own post well this is going to sound fucking Deja vu-ish But Guess what!
Thanks to the PSP compiler that DylanRocket shared.I have got myself a Mission.lvl that allows you to have increased AI units on ALL maps.
Lets get into specifics:
So basically All MAPS excluding Hoth(there might be 2-3 more) have gone from having only 10 AI per map(Lol devs what were you thinking and why didnt you give the SWBF2 psp port online i mean we got 2 PSP exclusives which had AMAZING online servers which lasted uptill Gamespy shutdown RIP but that rant will be added after we finish this project) TO 24 AI per map.Thats right 24 AI that will be working at fast speeds which will make it seem like the true laptop experience-ish.

Now i said EXCLUDING HOTH well... HOTH HAS 32 AI PER MAP!!!! thats right 32 AI on ALL hoth modes which is just epic especially on your lil sexy psp screen lol.

I just want to make one thing clear before we proceed.This increased AI mission.lvl isnt mine so i aint going to claim credit for its existence.But i hope to be able to with the help of DylanRocket find out HOW this increased AI lvl was created and if we can replicate it BUT not only replicate it but also force it to work with the shit ton of features i had plans to RESTORE into the psp port.

Now that clears up why i quoted my own post because now we are closer to finding out HOW to increase AI on the psp port.

DylanRocket you mentioned we can increase the Units via the scripts well that DOESNT work with the psp for some reason so we will need to use whatever black magic Broadus used to increase the AI.

Right i also said it was DEJA vu-ISH Well this is because at this momment in time i can increase the AI but cannot do all the things i could before i got my new laptop which is just freaking crazy and kinda sucks.

However its time we change that.

When i said the tools had stopped working i was referring to the Star wars BF2 pc MOD tools which were released by the Pimps over at LUCASARTS and YES thats how i managed to include a shit ton of things EXCLUDING THE AI.

But since i got my laptop and upgraded to windows 10 i have no longer been able to get the tools to work UNTILL TODAY.

I used the MUNGEFIX and it created the mission.lvl which was 85kb in size and i reinserted it into the psp iso and the game loaded up BUT as i was to select a ceartin modded map guess whay happens.

ABOSLUTLEY NOTHING thats right no loadscreen just a sad psp modder dying inside......

That is currently the problem so now at the momment the tools work and i can munge and have got an increased AI lvl BUT any munged lvls created by the mungetools no longer work.However before they did.

I am therefore in trouble since i dont now how to get the mission.lvl to work.
BUT
I now the problem its obviously the LVL size which is only 85kb EVERY time you munge unlike the original psp mission.lvl or the newly found increased AI mission.lvl.

I think this problem may be due to my own fault.

DylanRocket could you please tell me how to actually apply the mungefix? since im 100% sure i diddnt apply it correctly.

Before the munge wouldnt work but now it does due to the fix but now the mission.lvls arent being munged correctly which is why the file size is soo small.

So give me detaiiled steps as to how you apply the fix.

But ive decided as a gift/celebration im going to give you guys the Increased AI mission.lvl so now you can have crazy battles on the default psp maps.

Steps on applying the mission.lvl to your psp swbf2 iso:

1.Download the mission.lvl from my 4shared
2.Download the UMDGEN tool (google search it OR comment below and ill upload it)
3.Open the umdgen.exe
4.Click the file tab and click open and then find your swbf2 iso and double click it to see that it has opened up and you can see its content.
5.Click the following folders in the following orders
USRDIR
DATA
LVLPSP
6.In the LVLPSP folder you will see a file called mission.lvl
7.Right click and delete the mission.lvl (if you cant find it look below the YAV folder)
8.Then rightclick whilst your in the LVLpsp folder and it will give you the option of Adding something
9.Click add files
10.Find the downloaded mission.lvl and click it and it should now be in the lvlpsp folder.
11.Click file tab and click save as
12.Rename it to anything and then let it create the iso for you.

I tested the mission.lvl on PPSSPP it and runs beautifully.It will ALSO work with your PSPs aslong as you have CFW on them.
IF you do then move the iso to your ISO folder in the root of your memory stick and then you can play the game BUT please increase BOTH clock speeds to 333/333mhz for the game to run fast like it would on a pc.

Download link:

DylanRocket help me with answering the questions above and pm me please thanks.

See you soon

Hey Abu this is the increased one right?

Guys download this for increased Ai and follow Abus instructions!

http://www.4shared.com/file/Z6cX1fphce/mission.html

DylanRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Use this munge fix: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15662&p=295373#p295373 This is the one I use.

Extract the vistamungefix folder into your C:\BF2_ModTools directory and run the vistamungefix.bat located inside the vistamungefix folder. However, this won't have any effect on any mods/maps you've made prior to the munge fix, so you can apply the fix to those mods/maps by pasting the contents of the vistamungefix folder into the _BUILD folder located inside your mod/map's folder. If this doesn't work, it's possible the mod tools aren't compatible with Windows 10 at all, however, I don't have Windows 10 so I can only assume this fix will work.

Reactions: FuryTomic

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news guys

Don abu just informed me that the mod is back on and now it has a name too!

Star wars Battlefront 2 Restoration Portable Edition SWBF2RPE for short

He has managed to add back in everything excluding the 3 missing maps and increasing AI.
Can you help us here Dylan?

The don has asked me to pm all who were intrested in the mod to inform them of the Revivial of the mod

Use this munge fix: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15662&p=295373#p295373 This is the one I use.

Extract the vistamungefix folder into your C:\BF2_ModTools directory and run the vistamungefix.bat located inside the vistamungefix folder. However, this won't have any effect on any mods/maps you've made prior to the munge fix, so you can apply the fix to those mods/maps by pasting the contents of the vistamungefix folder into the _BUILD folder located inside your mod/map's folder. If this doesn't work, it's possible the mod tools aren't compatible with Windows 10 at all, however, I don't have Windows 10 so I can only assume this fix will work.

Last edited by FuryTomic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol