So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Mark this day in GBAtemp history that a member got like 4-5 chances to come back to the forums regardless of broken rules.

Technically it was multiple chances through 3-4 various alternate accounts, two of which received bans through the good old fashioned warning system and not a simple "ban because they're an alt account".

Sorry but GBAtemp has no fucking spine if a member can dick around across like 5 alt accounts, two of which received permabans through reaching 100% warning, and then come back regardless. I rarely complain about the administration here but seriously, grow a fucking pair. It's hard to take rules here seriously if breaking them has no consequence.

WHATEVA WHATEVA YOU DONT KNOW ME I DO WHAT I WANT

Reactions: 2 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark this day in GBAtemp history that a member got like 4-5 chances to come back to the forums regardless of broken rules.

Technically it was multiple chances through 3-4 various alternate accounts, two of which received bans through the good old fashioned warning system and not a simple "ban because they're an alt account".

Sorry but GBAtemp has no fucking spine if a member can dick around across like 5 alt accounts, two of which received permabans through reaching 100% warning, and then come back regardless. I rarely complain about the administration here but seriously, grow a fucking pair. It's hard to take rules here seriously if breaking them has no consequence.
Dont mind me just quoting for truth.

Reactions: 3 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beg you don't cry.

Well I guess this isn't the best place for an in-depth discussion on issues with this site but needless to say, this shows some really poor decisions on the staff end of things.

EDIT: On the plus side however we get both Literate Valwin and Illiterate Valwin! soulx won't be so lonely anymore!

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah to me it means anyone can do anything and one day they'll be forgiven. Made my previous work as a mod here pointless, you warn, you get into heated "discussion" with the person which include insults and then with enough warns they get banned. Then a little bit later the ban is lifted and all that work has gone to waste.

Reactions: 4 people

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have benefitted from my compassion.

But at this point I feel if I hadn't it wouldn't really matter in the end. There's compassion by giving me a few slaps on the wrist here and there and then there's compassion by having someone with literally over a 200% warning rating across multiple accounts come back again.

Reactions: 2 people

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You have benefitted from my compassion.

But at this point I feel if I hadn't it wouldn't really matter in the end. There's compassion by giving me a few slaps on the wrist here and there and then there's compassion by having someone with literally over a 200% warning rating across multiple accounts come back again.

You are benefitting from my compassion right now. If I had warned you every time you deserved it for being a fucking troll, you would be the Captain of DS Scene by now. Instead you enjoy a position of privilege. Glass houses.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Look bitches, it is very simple.

Last week Valwin joined DS Scene and was unfairly banned. On the same day the hundreds of Hentai files he uploaded to filetrip for his seedy little Hentai blog were deleted and his filetrip account was also banned. This caused Valwin much distress and inconvenience. Valwin was very upset and I dont think anyone here wants to see Valwin upset. So to make him feel better he was unbanned from the forum.

I think everyone agrees that under those circumstances an unbanning was warranted.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are benefitting from my compassion right now. If I had warned you every time you deserved it for being a fucking troll, you would be the Captain of DS Scene by now. Instead you enjoy a position of privilege. Glass houses.

If I end up breaking my house to show that this site has some balls then so be it. I know I'm not a perfect member but I haven't gotten dozens of warnings across multiple accounts. I may be a hypocrite but that doesn't stop the issue at hand. I'm saying this site needs some spine. We don't have to be hardasses but something as simple as making bans actually mean something goes a long way. We've had tons of members come back on obvious alt accounts and some have improved their behavior here and have been accepted, others have not. But there's one certain member who never has.

Valwin and GBAtemp is like an abusive relationship. Valwin slaps around GBAtemp a bit and GBAtemp kicks him out of the house. He comes back the next day and says "Baby, I didn't mean it." Then they're back together until it happens again, and again, and again. Sometimes you just need your sassy best friend to say "Lose that zero and get yourself a hero!"

(yes i am that hero)

EDIT: And to elaborate on my metaphor, all of GBAtemp's friends and family don't see why GBAtemp keeps Valwin in her life. GBAtemp is a beautiful, smart young woman and Valwin is a rude, boisterous, abusive fellow. GBAtemp can do so much better and her friends and family can see that. But for some reason, GBAtemp just keeps coming back, like moths to a light or heroin addicts to heroin.

Reactions: 5 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switching from Valwin to Guild is switching from two extremes. From complete neoliberalism to communism. From hot to cold. From shota [censored] to loli [censored].

What we need is a middle ground. A mixed economy. Warm water. Zero fucked up hentai shit.

We need...

New-Labour-policy-007.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later