• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is he a Russian bot/sympathizer for admitting this? Are the mainstream media going to be Russian bots/sympathizers for finally admitting this? That the ruble is not going down and Putin's approval rating is up?

I would think so, since Ukraine is clearly winning and Putin is clearly losing even with the support of that facist cheetoman Trump.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Is he a Russian bot/sympathizer for admitting this? Are the mainstream media going to be Russian bots/sympathizers for finally admitting this? That the ruble is not going down and Putin's approval rating is up?

I would think so, since Ukraine is clearly winning and Putin is clearly losing even with the support of that facist cheetoman Trump.

It's now a crime punishable by prison time to not support Putin, and thousands of dissenters have already left Russia as a result. Like everything else coming out of Russian state-controlled media since this invasion began, it's meaningless.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's now a crime punishable by prison time to not support Putin, and thousands of dissenters have already left Russia as a result. Like everything else coming out of Russian state-controlled media since this invasion began, it's meaningless.
And the ruble rebounding? Is that meaningless despite all the sanctions on Russia? Call me a bot all you want, but it seems like to me Russia isn't collapsing due to the Ukraine invasion as everyone thinks it is. Even if dissenters left Russia and all that's left are Putin supporters and people who have no choice to support, it's still support nonetheless. This isn't me gushing over Putin or being a Kremlin and people like to throw that around as the new insult, I'm just observing and sharing what's going on right now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And the ruble rebounding? Is that meaningless despite all the sanctions on Russia?
Yes. What difference does it make if there's still nobody willing to do business in Russia?

Call me a bot all you want, but it seems like to me Russia isn't collapsing due to the Ukraine invasion as everyone thinks it is.
Russia has lost tens of thousands of troops and not managed to secure a single objective for more than a day or two. Ukraine has pushed them so far back that they're now starting to bomb targets inside of Russia. Putin has already lost, and unless Russia agrees to rebuild the entirety of Ukraine after their withdrawal, their economy will never be the same again in our lifetime.

Even if dissenters left Russia and all that's left are Putin supporters and people who have no choice to support, it's still support nonetheless.
First, we have no way of verifying that those numbers are even accurate, and second no, coerced support is not the same thing as genuine support.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the ruble rebounding? Is that meaningless despite all the sanctions on Russia? Call me a bot all you want, but it seems like to me Russia isn't collapsing due to the Ukraine invasion as everyone thinks it is. Even if dissenters left Russia and all that's left are Putin supporters and people who have no choice to support, it's still support nonetheless. This isn't me gushing over Putin or being a Kremlin and people like to throw that around as the new insult, I'm just observing and sharing what's going on right now.
.bot ? no, and Facebook informed individual ? yes!
lol love how people really trying to push =
1.Russian media ( where you get 15 years for going against the government) = never lies
2. USA Media ( free market ) = Never trust

Ruble is being artificially held up as the Russian stock market is still not open and the fact that stock makerts from other countries have stoped deal with Russian stocks and currency.

Putin is hoping to starve off the Stock market before they are able to claim victory. and the news that Europe is trying to be off Russian Gass by the end of 2022 is really going to destroy Russian assets for the Long Haul.

Reactions: Cortador and Xzi

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So these innocent citizens in Bucha got "de nazified", huh?

And before someone says "hey, it's war, it's bound to happen", i'm not seeing Ukrainians mass killing innocent Russians.

Reactions: Xzi

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They are using their reserves at the moment. Also... Bouncing from something low like that to less low isn't a rebound

Edit https://www.reuters.com/business/russias-rouble-rebound-is-not-real-it-seems-2022-04-01/

Reactions: Xzi

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. What difference does it make if there's still nobody willing to do business in Russia?
Russia is becoming more self sufficient from all of this, which will benefit them in the long run.
Russia has lost tens of thousands of troops and not managed to secure a single objective for more than a day or two. Ukraine has pushed them so far back that they're now starting to bomb targets inside of Russia. Putin has already lost, and unless Russia agrees to rebuild the entirety of Ukraine after their withdrawal, their economy will never be the same again in our lifetime.
I know Russia lost troops, but from what I've seen, unless I missed something, it doesn't look like they're getting pushed back, but pushing more into Ukraine.
First, we have no way of verifying that those numbers are even accurate, and second no, coerced support is not the same thing as genuine support.
So you don't know how many left Russia then? So them maybe the number that left wasn't enough to make a dent in him losing support. You said thousands of people left, so I was going by that. And support is support, forced or not. It doesn't really matter if it's genuine, all that matters is that he has the backing to do what he needs to do, regardless if they like him or not.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are using their reserves at the moment. Also... Bouncing from something low like that to less low isn't a rebound

Edit https://www.reuters.com/business/russias-rouble-rebound-is-not-real-it-seems-2022-04-01/
That's another site which regularly lies, so I'm not putting my trust or stock in them either. If the ruble really is still failing by the end of all of this, then we'll see Russia fully collapse. Right now it seems Russia is getting stronger and will soon take Ukraine. Once again, I'm not a Russian bot nor do I support what Putin is doing or like what he's doing, I'm just going from what I've seen and heard from reports, but it's getting harder and harder to try to discern what is true and what's fake news because of how untrustworthy the mainstream media is and all the propaganda they've put out for years now.

But hey, you might be right. As usual, gotta wait and see how this all ends.

kenlee168

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
WW3 inevitable. Putin has really no option. even if he end the invasion now, he will faced war criminal charges.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

GDP predicted to shrink 10%-15% this year:O

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's another site which regularly lies, so I'm not putting my trust or stock in them either. If the ruble really is still failing by the end of all of this, then we'll see Russia fully collapse. Right now it seems Russia is getting stronger and will soon take Ukraine.

Lies, is this really from the Constitution of the Russian Federation ? , freedoms of ideas and speech, censorship shall be banned, cant be , not from the lies Putin tells :O

Article 29

1. Everyone shall be guaranteed the freedom of ideas and speech.

2. The propaganda or agitation instigating social, racial, national or religious hatred and strife shall not be allowed. The propaganda of social, racial, national, religious or linguistic supremacy shall be banned.

3. No one may be forced to express his views and convictions or to reject them.

4. Everyone shall have the right to freely look for, receive, transmit, produce and distribute information by any legal way. The list of data comprising state secrets shall be determined by a federal law.

5. The freedom of mass communication shall be guaranteed. Censorship shall be banned.

http://www.constitution.ru/en/10003000-03.htm

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Russia is becoming more self sufficient from all of this, which will benefit them in the long run.
Literally their only resource is oil. They can't grow their own coffee, produce natural sugar, or so many other things people consider day-to-day necessities. Self-sufficiency in a global economy is nigh impossible.

I know Russia lost troops, but from what I've seen, unless I missed something, it doesn't look like they're getting pushed back, but pushing more into Ukraine.
They lost a city or two just yesterday, targeting civilians as much as possible on their way out. They aren't even trying to win this war at this point, only inflict maximum cruelty on the people of Ukraine.

So you don't know how many left Russia then? So them maybe the number that left wasn't enough to make a dent in him losing support. You said thousands of people left, so I was going by that.
We don't have to rely on Russian state-controlled media for those numbers, so they trend far more accurate.

And support is support, forced or not. It doesn't really matter if it's genuine, all that matters is that he has the backing to do what he needs to do, regardless if they like him or not.
Putin doesn't need or care about the backing of the Russian people. He's personally killed Russian people in the past, and he'll kill more in the future. He does care about the image he projects to the rest of the world, and that's how you know not to trust anything that comes from Russian media, as he controls all of it. Not many people still buying the smoke and mirrors act these days though, his "tough guy" illusion has been dispelled.

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Russian troops regrouping in Ukraine
Must be humiliating for Putin. Hope that in the region where the troops is heading for
will strike back and be okay

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Like the fact that if it was Ukraine attack helicopters that stroke the russian oil refinery
then it would tell the fact that Ukraines Airforce is still operationel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol he's right +1