The Reds and Cardinals get into a nasty brawl!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

After saying some bad things about the St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips tried to make nice with Cards catcher Yadier Molina, giving him a little love tap with the bat as he stepped into the batter's box in the first inning of the Cards-Reds game Tuesday night in Cincinnati. Molina was having none of it and a brawl erupted, resulting in the ejection of managers Tony LaRussa (a plus for the Cardinals) and Dusty Baker.

"He talked bad about my team, he talked bad about me," Molina said on a postgame interview with Fox Sports Midwest. "Don't talk bad and come up and say 'hi' to me. That's stupid."

What, exactly, were the fightin' words? Well, here you go, from Rob Neyer and Hal McCoy :

"I'd play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is [bleep] and moan about everything, all of them, they're little [same bleep, plural], all of 'em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals."

With their 8-4 victory Tuesday night, the Cards moved ahead of the Reds (if only by percentage points) in the battle for first place in the National League Central Division. St. Louis has, let's say "possessed" the Reds this season: they're 9-5 against Cincy and have won the first two games of the series. Game 3 is this afternoon. Oooh, mama.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If People Can't Behave of own free will without breaking down society....they have to be in lifelong custody....or....a electronic dispension device planted inside the body to
pin them down...
The End
rolleyes.gif

wow....sad....
fighting over a game is.....lemme rephrase...
"You Have Just Lost The Game"
There, i said it.....

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
megawalk said:
If People Can't Behave of own free will without breaking down society....they have to be in lifelong custody....or....a electronic dispension device planted inside the body to
pin them down...
The End
rolleyes.gif

wow....sad....
fighting over a game is.....lemme rephrase...
"You Have Just Lost The Game"
There, i said it.....
AWWW MAN I LOST THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...