The problem with Roblox's filters

Should Roblox put a human-verification filter over their Login/Register pages?

• Yes, they should.

• No, they shouldn't.

• They could disable all the bots & accounts manually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Roblox...
I recently joined it...
and it's already a mess.

Roblox's filters are pretty bad as the average player knows, and some of them are so bad that the admins can easily do something about it!
I don't know about you, but the admins only became worse after the QuackityHQ raids & after the forum shutdowns.

And today, even yesterday, there are these """""Robucks"""" giveaways by the same person.

robux.png

If you scroll down to the Servers page, you will see that there are over 20,000+ bots with a small amount being kids being scammed.
Uppon opening the game, the player is told to go to a webpage and fill in their account info, as well a free Buildersclub account.

Of course, there is a human-verification and all that stuff...
But the big problem is is that Roblox can easily do something about this, but they don't do s**t.

You see, they can put a Human-verification (those ones with like 'click on the car, if there are no cars left, press the verify button') over their Register/Login page, as well for Guests, the Xbox version, the IOS/Android version and the Windows 10 version.
It's strange that Roblox does nothing about this while they can easily put an end to these giveaways.

What do you think about this as a player? Let me know!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
even with captcha those things are easily defeated, there are chinese farms dedicated to solve thoose things ;O;
and even pay to solve programs where people get some cents for solving a bunch of thoose captchas

i had once entered in thoose gleam io giveaways things, it was a developer of an upcomming small game, the thing had like a million entries, the developer said gleam io is effective at dealing with bots and false entries, but i don't buy it...

btw the captchas with the cars and street signals are soooo annoying, sometimes i have to go trough of them because apparently i am doing something different than the horde (like including selecting the squares with the last 3 pixels of the cars)

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
even with captcha those things are easily defeated, there are chinese farms dedicated to solve thoose things ;O;
and even pay to solve programs where people get some cents for solving a bunch of thoose captchas

i had once entered in thoose gleam io giveaways things, it was a developer of an upcomming small game, the thing had like a million entries, the developer said gleam io is effective at dealing with bots and false entries, but i don't buy it...

btw the captchas with the cars and street signals are soooo annoying, sometimes i have to go trough of them because apparently i am doing something different than the horde (like including selecting the squares with the last 3 pixels of the cars)
I can totally relate to the car thing, it happens to me as well with captchas.

Reactions: GensokyoIceFairy

GensokyoIceFairy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's funny, reCAPTCHA sometimes , you can't complete it without having to wait quite a while, because it infinitely continues the captcha (you'll be able to tell if this happens if you press the audio button and it tells you "sorry blahblah"), and also if the "click until they're all gone" takes forever to load the next image...)

[racist remarks redacted]

Last edited by GensokyoIceFairy,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Roblox player, I can say the community is pretty corrupted. There's a decently large market for Roblox exploits and it's always dead annoying seeing someone screwing up a game's flow. Getting "inappropriate" clothing put on the market is creates laughingstock (White text with a random black scribble made in MSPaint placed onto a transparent background often gets approved because the staff is too lazy to notice the white text...) Account phishing is an ever present issue, even more prominent lately with the "Free Robux" games, in which entered passwords get thrown onto a list for the phisher to use later.. Also the chat filter can go die. It filters out some normal speech because of how it can be taken out of context but fails to filter out things that can bypass it. It's really a social obstacle. The filtering lightens up on accounts 13+ but it's still painful

Overall, it's really terrible but I enjoy it for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: SuperKirbylover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play the game, but this was the main reason i stopped. you couldn't find any fun games to play because the page was clogged up with clickbait which would take you to an empty map. i don't think the "moderators" on the site actually moderate anything unless it's reported. You gotta do a little cleaning yourself too.

MaxiBash

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
And the intire website now lives around Jailbreak. It’s an awful game with many glitches and bugs, and it was accidently shut down for 5 minutes.
The intire site f*cked up, everyone was in total panic and everyone who we’re in the game got kicked out.

Reactions: Ricken

SuperKirbylover

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
superkirbylover.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
as someone who's a dev on the site, i agree. sometimes the site is fucking garbage
mostly because the censor only works half the time when it should, and, when it shouldn't, it gets censored.
once, i messaged a friend "hi" and that itself got hash'd.

i do wish roblox would fix this, though, i guess it's just not a priority.

another reason i kinda grew distant from it was the games feel repetitive and uncreative, no matter how polished or good, and it sucks. nothing really grabs me for a long time to want to play

Reactions: Ricken
D

Deleted User

Back in 2011, I created a ROBLOX account and enjoyed playing it for a while. 2 or 3 years ago, I was banned for "inappropriate content", yet they never mentioned what it was. I believe it was because of something I said in the chat once and the filters misinterpreted it. Somebody reported me taking the message the wrong way, and now I fucking hate that game.

MaxiBash

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Back in 2011, I created a ROBLOX account and enjoyed playing it for a while. 2 or 3 years ago, I was banned for "inappropriate content", yet they never mentioned what it was. I believe it was because of something I said in the chat once and the filters misinterpreted it. Somebody reported me taking the message the wrong way, and now I fucking hate that game.

Be happy, Roblox accidently leaked this model that does nothing when you buy it.
People believe they want to change the models, and it's being hated horribly.

https://www.roblox.com/library/2337256345/Test

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Roblox...?

ROBLOX!?

i played that tons before it went to shit in 2016. now i just look at it and think "what went so wrong...?"

The filters are bad, and there's like a 10% chance of ever making them good at this point, try saying something completely SFW and get banned while those two people doing a ERP don't even get warned.

MaxiBash

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Roblox...?

ROBLOX!?

i played that tons before it went to shit in 2016. now i just look at it and think "what went so wrong...?"

The filters are bad, and there's like a 10% chance of ever making them good at this point, try saying something completely SFW and get banned while those two people doing a ERP don't even get warned.
I start to notice the same. The only games that are worth playing now (they are good and aren't even on the popular tab) are Wanted (Jailbreak but better), Robeats and Super Nogastilla Zone. All the games on the Popular tab are just clickbaity games using
1. Images that don't show off true gameplay
2. A crap ton of emoji's
3. Bots at the beginning to reach the homepage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30