Hacking The Price Is Right?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried playing 'The Price Is Right' with the newer Acekard 2.1 flashcart? I bought the original game & then dumped the .nds file to the MicroSD card first. I then tried another .nds file from the net just to see if it was my game or what. Neither one of these .nds files will play the game. The 'Loading' screen appears for a few seconds & then the screen just stays blank. Any ideas or anyone got it working with the Acekard 2.1? Thanks! BTW, I haven't tried just playing the game from the cartridge slot yet. I bought this game before getting my Acekard as well.
mad.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a copy to test it for you. It runs fine on firmware 4.12. What firmware version are you using?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I GUESS THE PRICE IS WRONG!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I figured some jokes would come out of this one. Wasn't Happy Gilmore a hilarious movie? Anyhow, I have tried this game on 4.13 firmware only. I might give the AKAIO firmware a shot. However, all my other games seem to work fine. Thanks!
gbasp.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
Ha! I figured some jokes would come out of this one. Wasn't Happy Gilmore a hilarious movie? Anyhow, I have tried this game on 4.13 firmware only. I might give the AKAIO firmware a shot. However, all my other games seem to work fine. Thanks!
gbasp.gif

Okay, it works on 4.12, not on 4.13. 4.14 just came out, try it and see if they fixed it.

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#44

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
tonybologna said:
gbasp.gif

Okay, it works on 4.12, not on 4.13. 4.14 just came out, try it and see if they fixed it.

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#44

Hmm! Wonder why 4.12 would work & 4.13 wouldn't? That's a step backwards with an updated firmware. I'll see what 4.14 does with this game. Thanks!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tonybologna said:
Hmm... I wonder why 4.12 would work & 4.13 wouldn't? That's a step backwards with an updated firmware. I'll see what 4.14 does with this game. Thanks!
yaynds.gif
I suppose when they were coding around some of the non-functional games to make them work, the code they modified affected some already functioning games. Making them not work.
tongue.gif
Wikipedia on Regression

The AKAIO alternate loader feature (although as-yet unavailable on the AK2i) helps get around this problem.
biggrin.gif

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aphirst said:
tonybologna said:
Hmm... I wonder why 4.12 would work & 4.13 wouldn't? That's a step backwards with an updated firmware. I'll see what 4.14 does with this game. Thanks!
yaynds.gif
I suppose when they were coding around some of the non-functional games to make them work, the code they modified affected some already functioning games. Making them not work.
tongue.gif
Wikipedia on Regression

The AKAIO alternate loader feature (although as-yet unavailable on the AK2i) helps get around this problem.
biggrin.gif

OK! Fully understood! I'll use the AKAIO firmware to see if that helps me out. Thanks!
yaypsp.gif

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've checked the game with both black PCB and blue PCB 2.1 version with official 4.14 firmware and it... works. ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"