The Price Is Right?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tonybologna, Jan 17, 2009.

Jan 17, 2009

The Price Is Right? by tonybologna at 5:02 PM (1,181 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. tonybologna
    OP

Member tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    Has anyone tried playing 'The Price Is Right' with the newer Acekard 2.1 flashcart? I bought the original game & then dumped the .nds file to the MicroSD card first. I then tried another .nds file from the net just to see if it was my game or what. Neither one of these .nds files will play the game. The 'Loading' screen appears for a few seconds & then the screen just stays blank. Any ideas or anyone got it working with the Acekard 2.1? Thanks! BTW, I haven't tried just playing the game from the cartridge slot yet. I bought this game before getting my Acekard as well. [​IMG]

2. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I downloaded a copy to test it for you. It runs fine on firmware 4.12. What firmware version are you using?

3. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    I GUESS THE PRICE IS WRONG!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    the price is WRONG

..had to do it.

5. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    Ha! I figured some jokes would come out of this one. Wasn't Happy Gilmore a hilarious movie? Anyhow, I have tried this game on 4.13 firmware only. I might give the AKAIO firmware a shot. However, all my other games seem to work fine. Thanks! [​IMG]

6. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, it works on 4.12, not on 4.13. 4.14 just came out, try it and see if they fixed it.

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#44

7. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    Hmm! Wonder why 4.12 would work & 4.13 wouldn't? That's a step backwards with an updated firmware. I'll see what 4.14 does with this game. Thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. KillerKlown

Newcomer KillerKlown Member

United States
  9. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    I suppose when they were coding around some of the non-functional games to make them work, the code they modified affected some already functioning games. Making them not work. [​IMG] Wikipedia on Regression

The AKAIO alternate loader feature (although as-yet unavailable on the AK2i) helps get around this problem. [​IMG]

10. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    OK! Fully understood! I'll use the AKAIO firmware to see if that helps me out. Thanks! [​IMG]

11. drobb

Member drobb Hunter

United States
    can confirm it dont work on akaio rc 1, yet to try it with rc2 and official 4.14

12. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    It actually works with AKAIO rc2. The others didn't work for me but I didn't try the official 4.14 firmware from Acekard either. [​IMG]

13. Chaykin

Newcomer Chaykin Advanced Member

Poland
    I've checked the game with both black PCB and blue PCB 2.1 version with official 4.14 firmware and it... works. ;-)

14. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    I'm glad to have this game working now for MY WIFE. The DS is for our son but my wife has taken an awful liking to this system. Ha! [​IMG]