The Price Is Right?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tonybologna, Jan 17, 2009.

1. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    Has anyone tried playing 'The Price Is Right' with the newer Acekard 2.1 flashcart? I bought the original game & then dumped the .nds file to the MicroSD card first. I then tried another .nds file from the net just to see if it was my game or what. Neither one of these .nds files will play the game. The 'Loading' screen appears for a few seconds & then the screen just stays blank. Any ideas or anyone got it working with the Acekard 2.1? Thanks! BTW, I haven't tried just playing the game from the cartridge slot yet. I bought this game before getting my Acekard as well. [​IMG]

2. Diosoth

Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    I downloaded a copy to test it for you. It runs fine on firmware 4.12. What firmware version are you using?

3. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    I GUESS THE PRICE IS WRONG!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    the price is WRONG

..had to do it.

5. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    Ha! I figured some jokes would come out of this one. Wasn't Happy Gilmore a hilarious movie? Anyhow, I have tried this game on 4.13 firmware only. I might give the AKAIO firmware a shot. However, all my other games seem to work fine. Thanks! [​IMG]

6. Diosoth

Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Okay, it works on 4.12, not on 4.13. 4.14 just came out, try it and see if they fixed it.

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#44

7. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    Hmm! Wonder why 4.12 would work & 4.13 wouldn't? That's a step backwards with an updated firmware. I'll see what 4.14 does with this game. Thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. KillerKlown

KillerKlown Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    United States
    Texass
  9. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Augsburg
    I suppose when they were coding around some of the non-functional games to make them work, the code they modified affected some already functioning games. Making them not work. [​IMG] Wikipedia on Regression

The AKAIO alternate loader feature (although as-yet unavailable on the AK2i) helps get around this problem. [​IMG]

10. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    OK! Fully understood! I'll use the AKAIO firmware to see if that helps me out. Thanks! [​IMG]

11. drobb

drobb Hunter

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    can confirm it dont work on akaio rc 1, yet to try it with rc2 and official 4.14

12. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    It actually works with AKAIO rc2. The others didn't work for me but I didn't try the official 4.14 firmware from Acekard either. [​IMG]

13. Chaykin

Chaykin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Poland
    Bydgoszcz, Poland
    I've checked the game with both black PCB and blue PCB 2.1 version with official 4.14 firmware and it... works. ;-)

14. tonybologna
    OP

tonybologna GO VOLS!

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    USA- East Tennessee
    I'm glad to have this game working now for MY WIFE. The DS is for our son but my wife has taken an awful liking to this system. Ha! [​IMG]