The Price is Right

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by FatMutha, Nov 10, 2008.

Nov 10, 2008

The Price is Right by FatMutha at 8:49 PM (1,399 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada
    I've tried several sources of the file for the game The Price is Right. But the game will not load for me. When I go to load it it asks me to create a save game file and I do create one. Next it loads but it stays at a black screen and freezes my DS. I can't use any keys to exit out back to main menu and I'm forced to power off/on the DS.

I have the N5 card running the last firmware v1.24. I use a 2gb card formatted to Fat16. I was running v1.18 prior and it did not work on it either. When I upgraded to v1.24 I formatted the card and even tried playing the game with only the firmware and the one game and it still wouldn't load.

Any ideas what may cause this? Is it a bad dump of the game, or is it something to do with the N5. All other games I have run fine.

Thanks

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Try the ARM 7 fix with it see if that makes it work [​IMG]

3. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada
    The ARM 7 fix? Sorry I'm new to all this, where can I find this fix?

4. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada
  5. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada
    OK well I tried the ARM 7 fix and it didn't work... I tried using a couple of files as the donor file. Is there a specific game I need to use for it to patch The Price is Right correctly?

Thanks

6. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Summon Night Twin Age (U) has worked with everything for me.

7. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada

OK well I tried the arm7 file from Summon Night Twin and it didn't work either.

Now as I read around more about this Arm7 fix I see its more towards solving a problem where the game doesn't create a valid save file. I don't any errors about unable to open or invalid save file when I load the game. In fact on my N5 it creates (what I think is a good save file) and then proceeds to load the game. The screen flashes and then it just goes black and locks up the DS forcing me to do a power off/on cycle.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was done to fix it?

8. FatMutha
    OP

Newcomer FatMutha Newbie

Canada
    Anyone else have any ideas to what I could do to get this rom working? I tried the ARM-7 fix... i read to unpack it with dslazy replace it with a arm7.bin file from a game you know that works. I even tried this arm7 batch file which does it for you.

but it still loads up to a black screen and freezes the DS. Would this be one of the games where the dump was bad?