The Pokewalker

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GreatZimkogway, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010

The Pokewalker by GreatZimkogway at 6:28 AM (1,101 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I'm sure plenty of people have one by now, and I think it's time for a check in. What're your thoughts, complaints, praises about it?

Praises
    -Nifty little thing, useful at work
    -Pretty accurate step-counter, and it' doesn't have this damn balls in it to tell it when a step(read as: shake) is made. Major plus.
    -Nice design, nice and small, and the alternate clip-on back is nice. Don't have to worry about the clip coming off.

Complaints
    -The IR sensor + IR sensor in the gamecard are horrid. Very inaccurate, and very little range. I shouldn't have to actually line it up with the back of my DSi....
    -Could've made it a little bigger...
    -Screen is sometimes hard to see

Anyone else?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    My first thought was that it looks like it could scratch really easily because the screen is very glossy.
    I haven't actually used it yet, but I agree the range does seem a bit low (I think it said 2 inches in the instructions).

3. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    I really wanted one, but then again, it'd be like paying $40 for a little tamagotchi like toy :/

Do you think they would ever sell these separately? Yes, I know I need the original gamecart. But I think it might be cheaper if I buy HG/SS used and this separately..

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes they will definitely sell these separately, imagine how many little kids will lose these everyday.
    I don't think Nintendo will stoop low enough to force them to buy new games just for the Pokewalkers. Plus, they know that pirates can't use them without the actual game, so it's safe for them to sell replacements.

5. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Maybe not. The Pokewalker is completely useless without the game. They may sell it online though. I can see them adding the Pokewalker to the N.Club...

6. A hacked Soul

Newcomer A hacked Soul Advanced Member

United States
    The Pokewalker has the IR sensor, because they needed to make it cheap or risk raise the price any higher.
    For $10 extra bucks it is worth it.

7. Trace_hunter

Member Trace_hunter GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    seems like a fun but unnecessary add on to me