Hardware The Parental Controls Conundrum

FalcpleX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last week, my mom put some parental controls on my Switch. :nayps3: I tried the classic method of the whole putting the master key in, but to no avail as she set it up on her phone...... :angry: So, how do I get rid of the parental controls if they were set up on my mom's phone? I really wanna get back to playing Fortnite and Minecraft with whoever I want and getting to play for more than 1 hour. (come on, do you think it's possible to finish your giant castle you spent days building in 1 hour?)

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First would be to determine if your console is patched:
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

If yes, you done searching. Because there is only two ways so far for patched units:
Unlock thru Nintendo Support with credit card and obviously your mother phone.

If it's aren't patched you can use RCM mode to get device ID with this payload:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/NX-DeviceID-Viewer

Generate mastery key and unlock it.

Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: ds34 and FXDX

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last week, my mom put some parental controls on my Switch. :nayps3: I tried the classic method of the whole putting the master key in, but to no avail as she set it up on her phone...... :angry: So, how do I get rid of the parental controls if they were set up on my mom's phone? I really wanna get back to playing Fortnite and Minecraft with whoever I want and getting to play for more than 1 hour. (come on, do you think it's possible to finish your giant castle you spent days building in 1 hour?)
I have the opposite problem, or lack thereof. I'm at a point where my parents trust me enough to not limit my gaming time, and I know basically every PIN or passcode they put on my devices (usually one of their birthdates). Irony is that their trust is well-placed and I don't care about doing things I shouldn't be, so the only time I ever use those passcodes is to look at Nintendo News that's blocked for some absurd reason.

Reactions: ds34 and Groumpfouh

Kai_Park

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liking the gif lol
But I don’t know how to bypass it. I’m trying to do the same right now. I’m just waiting for my dad to give me his phone to read an email from my teachers or something to strike. He’s pretty stupid, so he leaves the pin visible on the app, but it’s all a matter of finding the app on the home screen.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the opposite problem, or lack thereof. I'm at a point where my parents trust me enough to not limit my gaming time, and I know basically every PIN or passcode they put on my devices (usually one of their birthdates). Irony is that their trust is well-placed and I don't care about doing things I shouldn't be, so the only time I ever use those passcodes is to look at Nintendo News that's blocked for some absurd reason.
Get this. They just unblocked Nintendo News after I brought it up. Now the only thing that's blocked is posting on social media, which I literally never do on my Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo