The Outer Worlds final DLC is now available

The final story expansion for The Outer Worlds hits virtual shelves today; The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos is now available, and alongside the previous downloadable content Peril on Gorgon, marks the completion of the game's narrative. The latest expansion brings some murder mystery flair to the sci-fi role-playing game, and includes a raise of the level cap and new weapons and armor along with the narrative content.
Venture to the skies of Eridanos and unravel the grandest murder mystery in the Halcyon colony! Everyone is a suspect in this peculiar whodunit after Rizzo’s hired spokesperson, the famous Halcyon Helen, winds up dead ahead of the release of the brand-new Spectrum Brown Vodka. Alongside your companions, travel across the floating islands of Eridanos and piece together clues using the Discrepancy Amplifier, a new gadget that highlights otherwise unseen hints. There’s more to this mystery than meets the eye, and it’s up to you (and your crew, if you choose) to solve the case.

The downloadable content is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, with a Nintendo Switch release slated for later this year. The cost is $14.99, and it's available as a part of the The Outer Worlds expansion pass. As always, the base game is required to play this new expansion.

:arrow:Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The expansion pass is $25 and has been on sale/can be bought for cheaper. Certainly not terrible value compared to the EAs and Activisions of the world.
How does it compare to SSBU's two individual Fighter Passes?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its an ok game. Lots of issues keeping it from being really good, but extreme potential for a sequel to be exponentially better.
Still beats the pants off modern Fallout, from what I hear - if that even has pants anymore...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How does it compare to SSBU's two individual Fighter Passes?

Still beats the pants off modern Fallout, from what I hear - if that even has pants anymore...
Oh IDK, I don't own the expansion pass yet. Seems like about 10-13 hours of content for $20 - $25, so that's fairly par for the course. Hard to judge against Smash or fighting games in general, which always tend to have multiple fighters passes.

And yeah Fallout 4 was pretty bad when I played it, Outer Worlds was far more polished on release. I'll maybe have to give updated Fallout 4 with a couple QoL mods another go, but getting the Outer Worlds expansion pass would definitely give me a reason to replay.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I honestly loved the game. Don't really see the issues people have with it.
Characters are interesting and plot isn't that bad. Only real sad part to me is how short it is, should've been longer.

Reactions: BigOnYa and onibaku

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly loved the game. Don't really see the issues people have with it.
Characters are interesting and plot isn't that bad. Only real sad part to me is how short it is, should've been longer.
The issue is that they advertised it as being "from the creators of Fallout New Vegas" which implies it'll be like that. Instead it's a mediocre sci-fi FPS with tiny areas and vague RPG elements where nothing of consequence happens until the end but you can't actually see the results of the choice you make and instead got a little motion comic style cutscene that basically says you saved everyone from the board and corporations, or you joined the board and stuff will be even more dystopian.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The issue is that they advertised it as being "from the creators of Fallout New Vegas" which implies it'll be like that. Instead it's a mediocre sci-fi FPS with tiny areas and vague RPG elements where nothing of consequence happens until the end but you can't actually see the results of the choice you make and instead got a little motion comic style cutscene that basically says you saved everyone from the board and corporations, or you joined the board and stuff will be even more dystopian.
They fooled a lot of fnv fans, i almost fell for it, didnt even bought it since it was exclusive to that egs. I sailed the seas to test it out, and it was a disappointment indeed.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I bought it after seeing what it was like, and I quite enjoyed it tbh.

Only issue is how short the game is, and how small or pointless areas become as time goes by.

Reactions: BigOnYa

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I really enjoyed it to be fair, I like massive open worlds but to me it proved you don’t need them to make a really enjoyable game. Wish it had been longer though and FNV it is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious