Hacking The Nintendo3DS folder and EmuNAND

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! So I noticed that when you get EmuNAND set up, apparently it formats the 3DS's SD before partitioning it as the new "hard drive" for the 3DS. Considering that I'm pretty sure Sm4sh stores its savedata on the Nintendo3DS folder on the 3DS's SD, do I just need to copy it over after I setup EmuNAND to keep my Sm4sh save in classic mode? Or does setting up EmuNAND automatically reuse the Nintendo3DS folder? Or is the save actually in the cart? Thanks!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your pikachu is adorable.

Yes, be sure to backup the contents of your SD card before creating emunand. Not sure if your save will work in classic mode but you can continue in sysnand.

Reactions: Dragaan

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your pikachu is adorable.

Yes, be sure to backup the contents of your SD card before creating emunand. Not sure if your save will work in classic mode but you can continue in sysnand.

Thanks! Do you know if I'll be able to update the cart in EmuNAND and then play it in SysNAND for online capability?

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can if they are still linked and your sysNAND is at 8.1 or above.

Picked up my N3DS at 9.0 last Friday, so I think I'm good!
Also, because EmuNAND should be an exact copy of SysNAND, there won't be any problems with just recopying the Nintendo3DS folder to the 3DS's card after setting up EmuNAND? All the stuff about using stuff from one system to the other and bricking it has been worrying me a bunch.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up my N3DS at 9.0 last Friday, so I think I'm good!
Also, because EmuNAND should be an exact copy of SysNAND, there won't be any problems with just recopying the Nintendo3DS folder to the 3DS's card after setting up EmuNAND? All the stuff about using stuff from one system to the other and bricking it has been worrying me a bunch.

You can't have EmuNAND on the N3DS

Edit: And no need to worry about bricking from copying files to the SD/micro SD card, that doesn't happen. If your sysnand or emunand are formatted they'll just start using a new folder and ignore the old one. Initially they will be identical, and so share the one you copy back.

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't have EmuNAND on the N3DS

Are you saying that as in Gateway doesn't have support for it yet or that there will never be EmuNAND for the N3DS? Because I'm aware of the former, I'm just preparing myself for setting everything up when it comes. Or is the latter also true?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that as in Gateway doesn't have support for it yet or that there will never be EmuNAND for the N3DS? Because I'm aware of the former, I'm just preparing myself for setting everything up when it comes. Or is the latter also true?

Just that it isn't currently released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr