Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MeowMix said:
What it has to have to make me buy it

More Wii connectivity
Pictochat that has Voice and camera support.
More RAM (It will have more ram, since its going to have a built in webbrowser).
More Processing power
USB Port for add-ons.
How does it have more Wii connectivity?

And if pictochat doesn't support wifi it'll be useless even if it happens to have voice and camera support.

[sarcasm] WOW i can talk to my friends and see them on my DSi when im right next to them YAY!![/sarcasm]

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think for the extra 40 bucks or whatever the price difference it is between the Lite and the DSi is currently, the DSi is way worth it. 4GB's of internal storage is loads for most people, having SD card support bolsters that, whether or not it will be SDHC is unknown though so we might wind up with at most 6GB's of storage on a stable SD card or 8GB's with an unstable 4GB card like the one Transcend makes. The digital camera alone is worth about 50 bucks or so, since my 3.0 MP camera is pretty much done anyway, this would be a great option so long as it has flash. If it is true that it will have a bit more RAM, a better CPU and a built in web browser, the DS will officially become the ideal multimedia handheld. You could use it as a PDA or even for Skype or some other form of chatting like video chat online. I am not too concerned about the loss of the GBA cart slot, cause I can just sell my EZ Flash V to whoever wants one but from what I understand only a couple of flash carts won't be effected by the DSi, the CycloDS being the major one.

We shall see what happens, if the DSi turns out to be worth my money, I will give my DS Lite to my brother and upgrade to a handheld that right now is looking very promising to completely crush the PSP for multimedia and price point.

ubersk8kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
It didn't say anything about rumble... so I wondering if they will put rumble in DS carts now?

I would get it if it was like taking a PSP to school

I dont knwo if this happens to anyone else, but at my school, if you were seen with a DS, You are one huge nerd, but if you had a PSP, you were as cool as a kid that had the new iPod Nano. If the new DS made a PSP impression, then i'd totally buy one just to be able to go to school and play games and know "I'm still cool"

I wouldn't use it as an iPod though since I skateboard, and I wouldn't sk8 with a DS in my pocket. MAYBE if my wireless iPod Headphones somehow worked with the DSi...

(That would be cool. Bluetooth support in handhelds!
yaynds.gif
)

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely be purchasing one of these in the future. Not for the camera (my LG Dare does just fine!), but just for the fact of the future games that'll come out on it. Knowing Nintendo, they'll bring over some of their best franchises (ex. Mario and Pokemon) to that handheld and use the camera and SD card slot like crazy, making the DS Lite obsolete. Eventually, whether people think it's worth it or not, they'll have to end up shelling out $180 (or however much it's going to cost) to buy this. I just pray to God that it has a usb port or something for add-ons!

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
MeowMix said:

More Wii connectivity
More RAM (It will have more ram, since its going to have a built in webbrowser).
More Processing power
USB Port for add-ons.

And if pictochat doesn't support wifi it'll be useless even if it happens to have voice and camera support.

[sarcasm] WOW i can talk to my friends and see them on my DSi when im right next to them YAY!![/sarcasm]

He's saying what it HAS TO HAVE otherwise he wont buy it, not what it actually has.

double_vision

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i will definitely get the dsi... but ill keep my ds lite. ill sell the dsi in case its not that much better. you could sell a almost new dsi on ebay for only 10 dollars under original price, when it comes out. ds lite cobalts were going for $150 on ebay when they came out.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think the DSi is worth it for ME, anyway. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I really want it because:
A. I get 70 dollars off from it because I have a 70 dollar gift card for GameStop... bringing the price of a brand new DSi to around probably $120... which isn't too bad.
B. It has a camera. I don't have a camera.
C. I won't have an iPod for much longer, so I could use it for music.
D. Slimmer, so it's easier to carry around everywhere.
E. Matte, so no fingerprints.
F. Hopefully flashcarts will work on it?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In a sense...it might be worth it b/c a DS with a flashcard cost about the same...but if you already on a DSL, you might aswell save your cash for the next gen console.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
To put it bluntly:

If you don't have a desire to play gba titles then the DSi is an appealing option.

If you play gba titles as well as DS titles then the DSi is not an option you would like to consider at the moment.

You do know that the cameras are not even 1 megapixel, which is crappy by current standards.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Masta_mind257 said:
Swip said:
MeowMix said:

More Wii connectivity
More Processing power
USB Port for add-ons.

He's saying what it HAS TO HAVE otherwise he wont buy it, not what it actually has.
Your right, i re-read his post. Sorry about that.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Uhm.. where did you read that it'll have 4GB of internal memory.. i don't believe that.. maybe 4gb, as the Wii has though.

MeowMix said:
then while using flashkart homebrew, we use SD Card as cache, or extra storage if needed by the flashkart.
4. If we have more ram, (atleast 32mb) and more processor power (about, 170mhz?) we will be able to emulate gba, it will be a little choppy, the PSP Has 222mhz processor and runs perfect while emulating gba, (well kinda a little choppy) but overclocking the psp to 266mhz the gba emulation runs fine.. so really if we get 222mhz on the dsi that will be good enough for gba. you cant really tell gba flickering unless playing pokemon and riding a bike on 222mhz but it hardly has an effect, so 222mhz wud be good.

The Cache idea is interesting, could be used well (but IIRC Cache at flash memory isn't so good, as it quickly "drains" out the life of the memory, but that's only if it constantly writes to it, if it just use a constant cachefile to read from ,it'd be better i guess)

4- i really hope that it'll have more RAM, but i don't think more CPU power is needed for it to emulate GBA, as it probably could use the ARM7 natively, and thus bypassing the main emulating part.
I hope though that it'll have more CPU power as well, so that the Webbrowser works better/faster, and so that homebrews/DSWare could take advantage of it.

jocelyn77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noONE said:
Uhm.. where did you read that it'll have 4GB of internal memory.. i don't believe that.. maybe 4gb, as the Wii has though.

Erm, that didnt exactly make sense. But the DSi looks pretty cool. But i dont know if i would spend $180 on it...i mean i already i have a DS lite. Maybe i'll get one if and when the price comes down. And if flashcarts dont work on it, then pshh thats pointless. Ill have to wait and see if flashcarts run on DSi's...someone else can test it out! The the extra features look cool to me, and someone said that MAYBE nintendo will have you buy GBA games with "nintendo points". i think thats cool, since i dont have an expansion pak for my flashcart so i can never play GBA games! And there are a TON of gba games that i wanna play. Dont know about you guys, but the extra features are cool to me. The only thing is the price, as i said.

Jerme

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill wait and see for more information because i dont know because i has an DS lite and i likes it because it plays games because i has an R4 because i want to play old school games because i like old school games better-

ill just wait and see for more features, somethin like what he said ^^

PAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe with these features will no be a DSi but will this significative changes will improve the capabilities a lot more also price, but sound great!!!

Hardware:
Camera, microphone and speaker
Touch screen
Audio-video recording
Built-in skill solar cells to recharge atomically
32 MB RAM memory
266 Mhz processor
Wifi and bluetooth connectivity
VGA screen resolution
4GB Internal Flash memory
SD card slot compatible with DSHC
Digital TV receiver-recorder
Walkie-talkie at less 14 channel 2 miles range
Internal rumble and tilde motion
USB to recharge and some other capabilities

Software:
Internet Browser, Calendar with recording appointments, Ti calculator, File browser that open or play (video, audio, text-edit and pictures-editor), IRC chat client, Messenger, capability to send share(p2p program) and receive by Wifi(ds) and Bluetooth(cell phone or hand free), dictionary, translator, a common included MMORPG and the capability to write and run homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F