Hardware The next improvement for the 3DS

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you consider a prototype product years away from production already out, sure. Personally, I'm glad I have portable 3D now.

They've had holographic projectors at MIT for a while, when's the last time you watched your holographic TV? Oh wait...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How's it an improvement?
It's different.

Different isn't improvement.
different is different.
And improvement is when you improve the same thing.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
How's it an improvement?
It's different.

different is different.
True. And I'm pretty happy I didn't get a 3DS (yet).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only improvement the 3DS needs is to make it at least as big as the DSi XL or even bigger.

Because returning to the puny size of the DS lite is a step back regardless of the power of the electronics which matters not to me if the viewing area is so small I'd rather not have the thing at all.

If you gave me a 3DS for free, it would be on sale the next day. I wouldn't be saying 'neat' and then keeping it.

It's too small and until the statement is no longer relevant, the power of the thing is equally not relevant.

If they want to wow me with their tech, they can wow me on a hand held that is coming from a screen as large as an iPad or Xzoom, otherwise, there is no 'wow' factor.

Currently couldn't care less if all the hype is real or false, don't give a damn if it has any games or not. Whether or not my perfectly fine AK2i runs on it or not is not material.

I am also not waiting on a price drop (that only a nut thinks is happening in 2011).

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
How's it an improvement?
It's different.

different is different.

It does the same job but... the big thing is less power is needed in turn that helps with one of the bigger flaws "BATTERY LIFE" that the 3DS has. I see this complaint often on the forums.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
The only improvement the 3DS needs is to make it at least as big as the DSi XL or even bigger.

Because returning to the puny size of the DS lite is a step back regardless of the power of the electronics which matters not to me if the viewing area is so small I'd rather not have the thing at all.

If you gave me a 3DS for free, it would be on sale the next day. I wouldn't be saying 'neat' and then keeping it.

It's too small and until the statement is no longer relevant, the power of the thing is equally not relevant.

If they want to wow me with their tech, they can wow me on a hand held that is coming from a screen as large as an iPad or Xzoom, otherwise, there is no 'wow' factor.

Currently couldn't care less if all the hype is real or false, don't give a damn if it has any games or not. Whether or not my perfectly fine AK2i runs on it or not is not material.

I am also not waiting on a price drop (that only a nut thinks is happening in 2011).

wtf.gif
why would you want a huge handheld system? Portable systems are suppose to be small enough to take with you and put in a pocket and such. The 3DS isn't too small and I think if they made an XL version (which they will cuz it means more money) it would be a waste. I don't know about you but, I don't want a portable system that can't fit in my pocket
unsure.gif

STOP FRICKING COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 3DS EVERYONE!!!
dry.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Nollog said:
How's it an improvement?
It's different.

different is different.

It does the same job but... the big thing is less power is needed in turn that helps with one of the bigger flaws "BATTERY LIFE" that the 3DS has. I see this complaint often on the forums.

Yeah, and if you go looking around on the topic, you'll find that it improves battery life and picture quality, but suffers from using more memory and processing to pull it off, which isn't a real improvement. Not to mention that it is still in the testing phase, meaning it will be years before it will actually become available, passing up the supposed launch of the Lite, Plus, or whatever you call the next revision of the 3DS.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That thing is quite far from commercially viable as of yet. Ninty can't use that now, couldn't use it when they were planning the 3DS, and likely won't be able to when the next 3DS iteration comes out. Case closed, stop whining.

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to Mida, If Nintendo threw enough money at it then it could be used in let's say a year and a half from now. Also i am not whining, I remember my original gameboy batteries would go dead after only 4 hours of play. I just put this up here as a possible route they could take.
wink.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's main plan is to make the cheapest hardware possible, and making the most profit as possible. That's why they're still alive today.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferret7463 said:
to Midna, If Nintendo threw enough money at it then it could be used in let's say a year and a half from now. Also i am not whining, I remember my original gameboy batteries would go dead after only 4 hours of play. I just put this up here as a possible route they could take.
wink.gif
And Midna's saying that they won't. Case closed. If you want other ways to save battery power on the 3DS, check around the forums, or better yet, USE COMMON SENSE.

Also check your spelling on usernames at the very least, I know i hate it when people spell MY name wrong, feret.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10_0ARMY said:
Panzer Tacticer said:

wtf.gif
why would you want a huge handheld system? Portable systems are suppose to be small enough to take with you and put in a pocket and such. The 3DS isn't too small and I think if they made an XL version (which they will cuz it means more money) it would be a waste. I don't know about you but, I don't want a portable system that can't fit in my pocket
unsure.gif

STOP FRICKING COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 3DS EVERYONE!!!
dry.gif

You need to understand, not all of us measure an item's worth by whether it will fit in a small kid's pocket. By the way the DSi XL fits in my jacket pocket just fine. Might be trouble for a dumb kid intent on wearing pants half down his ass, but otherwise, I have no problem with bigger. I call my laptop (14 inch screen model) 'portable'. I consider the iPad a 'hand held device' too.

Maybe if Nintendo actually wanted to sell to more than the preteen crowd, they'd think of what the adult crowd actually wanted.
Then again, if they want more adults buying, it would help if they increased the games an adult mind demands. I'm not into puppy mills and horse farms.

The adult market is not such a bad idea eh. We have money, lots of money. Where do you think all the money comes from eh? Preteens don't have jobs normally.
And if you look at a lot the complaints coming from teenagers, they don't have much money either. I've yet to care about the cost of a flashcart down to the last 5 dollar increment for instance. 15 dollars or 30 dollars, what's the difference. Spent that much on the wife yesterday taking her to Swiss Chalet.

If Nintendo was truly smart, they'd capitalize on all the current Sony hate, and really go for the whole market.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
If Nintendo was truly smart, they'd capitalize on all the current Sony hate, and really go for the whole market.
yes. but very off topic.

the 3DS is good as is, especially as a 1st gen 3D handheld
stop complaining or just give me your 3DS for free lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY