The next improvement for the 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ferret7463, May 6, 2011.

May 6, 2011
  1. ferret7463
    OP

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  2. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    all i can say is nintendo, why?

3. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    If you consider a prototype product years away from production already out, sure. Personally, I'm glad I have portable 3D now.

They've had holographic projectors at MIT for a while, when's the last time you watched your holographic TV? Oh wait...

4. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    How's it an improvement?
    It's different.

Different isn't improvement.
    different is different.
    And improvement is when you improve the same thing.

5. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    True. And I'm pretty happy I didn't get a 3DS (yet).

6. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    The only improvement the 3DS needs is to make it at least as big as the DSi XL or even bigger.

Because returning to the puny size of the DS lite is a step back regardless of the power of the electronics which matters not to me if the viewing area is so small I'd rather not have the thing at all.

If you gave me a 3DS for free, it would be on sale the next day. I wouldn't be saying 'neat' and then keeping it.

It's too small and until the statement is no longer relevant, the power of the thing is equally not relevant.

If they want to wow me with their tech, they can wow me on a hand held that is coming from a screen as large as an iPad or Xzoom, otherwise, there is no 'wow' factor.

Currently couldn't care less if all the hype is real or false, don't give a damn if it has any games or not. Whether or not my perfectly fine AK2i runs on it or not is not material.

I am also not waiting on a price drop (that only a nut thinks is happening in 2011).

7. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    It does the same job but... the big thing is less power is needed in turn that helps with one of the bigger flaws "BATTERY LIFE" that the 3DS has. I see this complaint often on the forums.

8. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    [​IMG] why would you want a huge handheld system? Portable systems are suppose to be small enough to take with you and put in a pocket and such. The 3DS isn't too small and I think if they made an XL version (which they will cuz it means more money) it would be a waste. I don't know about you but, I don't want a portable system that can't fit in my pocket [​IMG]

STOP FRICKING COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 3DS EVERYONE!!! [​IMG]

9. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah, and if you go looking around on the topic, you'll find that it improves battery life and picture quality, but suffers from using more memory and processing to pull it off, which isn't a real improvement. Not to mention that it is still in the testing phase, meaning it will be years before it will actually become available, passing up the supposed launch of the Lite, Plus, or whatever you call the next revision of the 3DS.

10. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Because of money.

11. digipokemaster

Member digipokemaster Innocent Uke

United States
    those 3d pics on that site are terrible i think the 3ds ones are better then those

12. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    That thing is quite far from commercially viable as of yet. Ninty can't use that now, couldn't use it when they were planning the 3DS, and likely won't be able to when the next 3DS iteration comes out. Case closed, stop whining.

13. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    to Mida, If Nintendo threw enough money at it then it could be used in let's say a year and a half from now. Also i am not whining, I remember my original gameboy batteries would go dead after only 4 hours of play. I just put this up here as a possible route they could take. [​IMG]

14. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Nintendo's main plan is to make the cheapest hardware possible, and making the most profit as possible. That's why they're still alive today.

15. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    And Midna's saying that they won't. Case closed. If you want other ways to save battery power on the 3DS, check around the forums, or better yet, USE COMMON SENSE.

Also check your spelling on usernames at the very least, I know i hate it when people spell MY name wrong, feret.

16. Solid3

Newcomer Solid3 Newbie

United States
  17. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    You need to understand, not all of us measure an item's worth by whether it will fit in a small kid's pocket. By the way the DSi XL fits in my jacket pocket just fine. Might be trouble for a dumb kid intent on wearing pants half down his ass, but otherwise, I have no problem with bigger. I call my laptop (14 inch screen model) 'portable'. I consider the iPad a 'hand held device' too.

Maybe if Nintendo actually wanted to sell to more than the preteen crowd, they'd think of what the adult crowd actually wanted.
    Then again, if they want more adults buying, it would help if they increased the games an adult mind demands. I'm not into puppy mills and horse farms.

The adult market is not such a bad idea eh. We have money, lots of money. Where do you think all the money comes from eh? Preteens don't have jobs normally.
    And if you look at a lot the complaints coming from teenagers, they don't have much money either. I've yet to care about the cost of a flashcart down to the last 5 dollar increment for instance. 15 dollars or 30 dollars, what's the difference. Spent that much on the wife yesterday taking her to Swiss Chalet.

If Nintendo was truly smart, they'd capitalize on all the current Sony hate, and really go for the whole market.

18. ninditsu

Member ninditsu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes. but very off topic.

the 3DS is good as is, especially as a 1st gen 3D handheld
    stop complaining or just give me your 3DS for free lol.