Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,077,815
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
dib.. I think Narin can do whatever he wants with the database... He compiles the cheats into the database, so really, he can delete unwanted cheats.
Not disputing the fact that he has the capability to do it.

Let me draw a scenario for you: Narin goes ahead with this plan, removing all cheats that don't conform to his personal approval.

A small group of previous users decide they want those cheats, so they begin downloading the xml version and reverting them to the ones that did work. They even go so far as to begin redistributing this modified cheat database.

Narin is annoyed by people's efforts to circumvent his own attempts to restrict them, and resents these pirate databases. He considers it ripping off his own hard work, just because certain individuals want to do something that he doesn't believe they should.

So he stops producing new xml files. Now he's only generating binary .dat files, hoping they will be protected against manipulation. Before long somebody produces a means of editing the cheats even in these distros.

Now Narin begins encrypting the databases, devising various systems using keys hoping again to protect the database against user manipulation, but before long people begin efforts to crack said encryption.

The point is, does this hypothetical pattern of behavior sound familiar of anybody else you know? Why would you want to be on that side of it?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
epu708 said:
is there a place where i can find list of game id?
I want to convert only games i need from narin compilation.

edit:
found it
http://advanscene.com/
The Game IDs listed there are incorrect, well, they are incorrect in the sense that those aren't the game IDs flashcarts use for the cheats. Flashcards use the region ID, which is indeed found on Advanscene but also the CRC checksum of the games headers where Advanscene lists the checksum for the entire clean dump ROM file. So the CRC checksum on Advanscene and the actual checksum the cheat databases are completely different.

I do have a list of all the games I have in the cheat database as well as their Game IDs here:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/files/GameList.txt

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Hehe Moo said:
dib.. I think Narin can do whatever he wants with the database... He compiles the cheats into the database, so really, he can delete unwanted cheats.
Not disputing the fact that he has the capability to do it.

Let me draw a scenario for you: Narin goes ahead with this plan, removing all cheats that don't conform to his personal approval.

A small group of previous users decide they want those cheats, so they begin downloading the xml version and reverting them to the ones that did work. They even go so far as to begin redistributing this modified cheat database.

Narin is annoyed by people's efforts to circumvent his own attempts to restrict them, and resents these pirate databases. He considers it ripping off his own hard work, just because certain individuals want to do something that he doesn't believe they should.

So he stops producing new xml files. Now he's only generating binary .dat files, hoping they will be protected against manipulation. Before long somebody produces a means of editing the cheats even in these distros.

Now Narin begins encrypting the databases, devising various systems using keys hoping again to protect the database against user manipulation, but before long people begin efforts to crack said encryption.

The point is, does this hypothetical pattern of behavior sound familiar of anybody else you know? Why would you want to be on that side of it?

Enough with the discussion on WiFi cheats. Just to clarify things, the previous maintainer of the cheat database, Rayder, didn't allow any Wifi cheats in the cheat database. As he couldn't test them all, some may have slipped through but they quickly got removed when someone reported them. Now I follow the same guidelines set by Rayder in the past, I have never allowed WiFi cheats in the cheat database. If someone posted a cheat that worked on WiFi, I never include it in the cheat database, if I come across any, I remove them as Rayder did or fix them. This is nothing new and has been going on since the cheat database has been created.

I and many people at GBAtemp frown upon WiFi cheaters, heck, if someone here is caught cheating on WiFi, they are banend from all WiFi games and tournaments held by GBAtemp. If they still want to use WiFi cheats, I tell them the same thing I did in the past, add tem yourself. Also theres already plenty of cheat databases out there made specifically for games like Metroid prime Hunters which contain WiFi cheats. If people want to use them, fine, but as long as I maintain the cheat database, for the sake of those who play over WiFi, I leave them out. I do include download play cheats though as the poeple have the luxury of able to confront the cheater in person if need be which is not possible with WiFi cheaters.

Theres already plenty of people who cheat and ruin WiFi games, I just don't want to contribute to it.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Narin, dont overdo it please.. I really feel for you.. If you wish me to update the dat for you and upload a file for you so you can add it in, Just say so... Im always here for you.. And when I get home, I will try to make some good codes for you..
smile.gif

Hehe Moo, nice codes.. Its nice to see you have time to make codes like that.. They do take time... Time which I dont have..

I will have to start making some good codes.. I might have a go at some RF2 cheats.. Perhaps some Field codes.. Clear the field with a press of a button or water the crops with a press of a button..
tongue.gif

Like I said Narin, dont overdo it..
smile.gif

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Narin said:
epu708 said:
is there a place where i can find list of game id?
I want to convert only games i need from narin compilation.

edit:
found it
http://advanscene.com/
The Game IDs listed there are incorrect, well, they are incorrect in the sense that those aren't the game IDs flashcarts use for the cheats. Flashcards use the region ID, which is indeed found on Advanscene but also the CRC checksum of the games headers where Advanscene lists the checksum for the entire clean dump ROM file. So the CRC checksum on Advanscene and the actual checksum the cheat databases are completely different.

I do have a list of all the games I have in the cheat database as well as their Game IDs here:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/files/GameList.txt

thx, narin.
your the best, kupo!!!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
hmm i have a uqestion, coins in EPF are used for whut other than transfering to online accounts?

...okay i think that shouldnt be here.
question:(just asking)to do a cheat for pokemon diamond, for example "all trainers defeated" so no more trainer battles, ust you beat all of them first then make the code? like wise for cheat for "all pokemon lv 100"

polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
@hehe moo, remove the codes I made for skate it (E)
they'r both buggy:
-the one for the "my spot" only allows you to put 1 more item (dunno why)
-and the points code requires a pointer I believe, I'll see if I can find that later today

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
dragonbladerxx2,
ah.. finally the message got through you ~! i almost fainted by trying to get you to use r4cce

mbruno,
thanks once again for many many of the chrono trigger code
smile.gif

Signz,
thanks for the effort ~!

ComplicatioN,
if you ever get a patched copy and the cheats don't show up like it used to be~!
use r4cce to check the game ID
smile.gif
and replace yourself
awesome i can change game id with r4cce?
yaynds.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
ComplicatioN,
yeah you can..open the .dat file... then use the ". . ." function next to the game id column ~! to see what is the exact game id of your patched rom ~! just change accordingly ~!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
like lol isnt this the thread for cheats not games?.... anywho i dont use edge soz. I want to play skate it is there a (U) version for it? i liked THAW in both the ds and xbox.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Imparasite,
If you are refering to why cheat codes is not showing out
maybe it is patched~! so the game Id is different from the one in database.

solution
a) go get a copy of r4cce (first post of the thread) to check whether the game id is it the same as the one in database and please go through curley's tutorial for r4cce ~!

b) refer to my post #5952

keeganator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey I made a code for the game:
"Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode (J) {AZLJ EF36236C}"

Wear Nothing:
02243470 00000000

How to use:
1. Go to the screen where you choose clothes to wear
2. Pick a combination of clothes to wear that will activate the button to apply.
3. Take clothes off.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

I tested the code on a emulator and on my M3 Real and they both work.
I might make other codes if I have the time.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
ComplicatioN,
yeah you can..open the .dat file... then use the ". . ." function next to the game id column ~! to see what is the exact game id of your patched rom ~! just change accordingly ~!
:wtf: thx i tried it but it doesnt show on the menu O_O
btw if anyone has a cheat file like this can i have it?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok