Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,077,533
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yup, good job with taking over the responsibility as the cheat code editor, although i wish i could take part in it (meaning if you want me to, i can...=] or whenever i can i mean...), i definitely like the new updates post going on with the list and everything...thanks again, and if you ever need help, let me know! (i know i say it a lot but i mean it.)

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

*oh and for the Soma Bringer Game ID, i got the same id as guyveroz, but mine is not trimmed...hmmm, is that fine?

guyveroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to change the one for the R4 myself and atleast the gold code works with the changed ID haven't tried the other codes.

@The Viztard
It should be the same ROM trimming just gets rid of the padding.... Stupid standard rom sizes

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
guyveroz said:
I was able to change the one for the R4 myself and atleast the gold code works with the changed ID haven't tried the other codes.

@The Viztard
It should be the same ROM trimming just gets rid of the padding.... Stupid standard rom sizes
ah, ok then, thanks for the info. =]

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cheats Update 5-05-08

New Games Added:
None

New Codes Added:
The World Ends With You (E) and (U)
Soma Bringer (J)
Soma Bringer (J) English Translation
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness (U)

Note:
To R4 users and its clones, use either CHEAT.dat or USRCHEAT.dat and not both, using both will cause some codes and games not to show up.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Time/Darkness, I added fixes to the increase and decrease floor codes for those who couldn't get them to work before (R4DS Users). Please tell me if they work.

--------------------------------------------------
You can get the updated cheats from my signature.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
You should consider upping the files as .7z archives instead of .zip. I just repacked the files with 7Zip and it reduced the filesize by almost a megabyte.
I know, I'm really tempted to do so but theres people actually having trouble grasping how to open a zip file let alone a 7zip file. Also most people already have support for zip files (Windows XP and Vista has it built in) and would have to download a program to open 7zip files.

To Everyone:
Alright, I'll leave this open to everyone, would you rather have a smaller download size but at the cost of a new program to open the file? The program itself is very easy to use (Easier than WinZip), its free (No nag screens) and a small download.
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Theres also IZArc which is your swiss army knife of archives.
http://www.izarc.org/

"IZArc is the ultimate freeware archive utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools."

At any rate, what do you guys think?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking more in terms of limiting server load. Your cheat files have used almost 7 gigs of bandwidth in the 2 days since you started upping them (according to the number of downloads), and 7-zipping them would reduce that server load by around 15%.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
I was thinking more in terms of limiting server load. Your cheat files have used almost 7 gigs of bandwidth in the 2 days since you started upping them (according to the number of downloads), and 7-zipping them would reduce that server load by around 15%.
Ah I see :/ Sorry for all the bandwidth usage. If need be, I can host the file some wheres else. I only been hosting the file on GBATemp for the past 3 or so days s far..so 7 gigs for three days is alot.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just here to confirm that the Soma Bringer (J) English Translation cheats in the cheat.dat for the R4 work...just to let you guys know, unless you guys already do...anyways, keep up the good work Narin, need any help just pm me and such. Thanks again!

yaynds.gif
grog.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Ah I see :/ Sorry for all the bandwidth usage. If need be, I can host the file some wheres else. I only been hosting the file on GBATemp for the past 3 or so days s far..so 7 gigs for three days is alot.
I'm not speaking for GBAtemp here, I just remember you saying something about hosting troubles due to the amount of bandwidth the cheat database uses and this seemed like an easy way to reduce the amount of bandwidth needed. For all I know, that 7 gigs could be insignificant for this site.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Narin said:
I'm not speaking for GBAtemp here, I just remember you saying something about hosting troubles due to the amount of bandwidth the cheat database uses and this seemed like an easy way to reduce the amount of bandwidth needed. For all I know, that 7 gigs could be insignificant for this site.
Ah I see, yea, I was having hosting troubles before. Theres hardly any decent, free hosts that offer alot of unlimited bandwidth so I decided to host the file here on GBATemp which basically solved that problem. Not only that, it also brings more people to GBATemp since the file is hosted here.
smile.gif

whatever_desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do think that a smaller file would be a good thing, it would be terrible for me because I'm running on a locked-down macintosh laptop. I can't get 7zip or anything like that...

PS. thanks for the update Narin.

choco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I just change the Game ID for Soma Bringer translated in the database and it work fine.
yaynds.gif

I think the Game ID may different because of patching, but the codes should work ok after ID changed.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh by the way, if your curious about a time frame when I update the cheat database, I tend to update it just about daily at around 8-12 PM Eastern time (-5 I believe). I tend to wait so late for any last minute code submissions.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
rough translation, so bare with me.

Densetsu no Stafi 4
A4DJ-19E2E9BB
credit to this atwiki.jp

L+R???MAX
L+R max life
9209B308 00000300
02256AC4 03E703E7
D0000000 00000000

L+R???MAX
L+R max pearl
9209B308 00000300
1209DD10 00002700
1209DD12 0000000F
D0000000 00000000

?????????
max spill points
02256AC8 00640064

THERE! Neil.GBX!!! next time just ask once! and be patient!
If people request codes for japanese games, i will try my best to find codes for them, but only when i have time. so be patient.

Do you know if they are any codes for populous DS where you look? i have not been able to find any!?

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shiroitaka said:
kingof4j said:
rough translation, so bare with me.

Densetsu no Stafi 4
A4DJ-19E2E9BB
credit to this atwiki.jp

L+R???MAX
L+R max life
9209B308 00000300
02256AC4 03E703E7
D0000000 00000000

L+R???MAX
L+R max pearl
9209B308 00000300
1209DD10 00002700
1209DD12 0000000F
D0000000 00000000

?????????
max spill points
02256AC8 00640064

THERE! Neil.GBX!!! next time just ask once! and be patient!
If people request codes for japanese games, i will try my best to find codes for them, but only when i have time. so be patient.

Do you know if they are any codes for populous DS where you look? i have not been able to find any!?

yes, i have seen some. i will posted it asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1