Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,079,996
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Some more Chrono Trigger cheats

Code:
EXP Multiplier:

x2:
52111280 E0832002
02111280 E0832082
D0000000 00000000

x4:
52111280 E0832002
02111280 E0832102
D0000000 00000000

x8:
52111280 E0832002
02111280 E0832182
D0000000 00000000

x16:
52111280 E0832002
02111280 E0832202
D0000000 00000000

x32:
52111280 E0832002
02111280 E0832282
D0000000 00000000

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Narin,
Once again, thanks for all of your hard work putting the database together for all of us to use. It certainly makes life easier
grog.gif

That said, I haven't 'grabbed' it in recent weeks because I keep reading "n00B cheat makers" having their untested cheats added and some users having reported SD cards being corrupted, and the like. I was certainly happy to use it when the cheats were coming from the 'reliable sources', but now I'm extremely hesitant to use it.

Is there any way you can edit the cheat in the database to show who compiled it? This way users can have the choice to delete those ones from the cheat.dat.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
@Narin,
Once again, thanks for all of your hard work putting the database together for all of us to use. It certainly makes life easier
grog.gif

That said, I haven't 'grabbed' it in recent weeks because I keep reading "n00B cheat makers" having their untested cheats added and some users having reported SD cards being corrupted, and the like. I was certainly happy to use it when the cheats were coming from the 'reliable sources', but now I'm extremely hesitant to use it.

Is there any way you can edit the cheat in the database to show who compiled it? This way users can have the choice to delete those ones from the cheat.dat.

Greetings,

First of all, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them. Me and many others have dedicated a lot of time and effort making the cheat database what it is today. Lately I seem to have my own little team now to help me out which I do appreciate their help! So a thanks goes out to elixerdreams, Curley, Normatt, fa_demion, SVC and all the others who have helped me in the past. Also we can't forget Rayder, who has now been prpmoted as a Moderator here (Congrats!) who first started the cheat database and dedicated his time and energy for years maintaining it.

Also I want to mention, I do test most of the codes I receive from people before I put them in. While I don't have time to test every code and put them through every possible scenario, I do test them for bugs and problems. I either fix them to leave the codes out if I run into any problems with them. For the most part, 99.9% of the cheats I add to the cheat database are safe and cause no problems at all. Though I am just a single person who makes mistakes like everyone else from time to time and let problem codes slip by. Though once someone reports a problem, I tend to fix those codes ASAP.

Now the cheat database has codes for around 1100 games and so far, only two games have had problems with cheats corrupting or deleting save games. Which is a very good track record in my opinion with the sheer number of games and cheats in the cheat database. So you shouldn't have to fear about cheats messing up your games at all. If you are still paranoid, wait a week when a new game comes out before using the cheats and see if anyone reports any problems with them.

Also one last thing about this matter, no cheat can or will corrupt your MicroSD card. Its simply not possible. Remember, DS games were made to work on a read only game cartridge so there is no routines in the game or Action Replay DS that will corrupt MicroSD cards. The problem comes down to the flashcard. If your MicroSD card suddenly becomes corrupted, its not due to the cheats but due to the flashcard you are using or due to a faulty MicroSD card.

Also technically yes, I can edit in who created the cheats in the database but that in itself can cause problems with some flashcards. Some flashcards have a limit on the number of characters a cheat name can be, some don't even support cheat descriptions. Also adding in dummy cheats or folders to signify who made the cheats can cause some flashcards to run into problems or the games to freeze due to empty, dummy cheats. Also this would add to the size of the cheat dat files as well which is currently a problem because the sizes right now are already pushing the limits of what flashcards can support. This is why I keep a list of those who created the cheats, at least when I know the source of the cheats, are located in the Credits and Help.txt file.

I hope this puts you at ease and answers your questions.

Sincerely,
Narin

On one last note, my little cheat hacking team have created a possible work around for the piracy measures in Chrono Trigger DS which causes the game to stop your progress when you enter a portal. The codes are still in the development and testing phase and should be available soon. Please do not ask for the code or ask to be one of the testers for it, we already have enough testers at the moment. We just want to make sure we catch all the anti-piracy measures and that the cheat works on every flashcard.

Also yes, this isn't a flashcard bug or a ROM error. Square Enix have intentionally added routines to the game to check to see if the game is being pirated and halt the user from continuing in the game. They intentionally added this to every portal event in the game as well as to other major events as well. Square seems to have a history of doing this because they tried the same thing with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

At any rate, I'll keep you guys inform on our progress.

SanjiKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well i test the cheat in 4 different flashcards and it works in all ._.

test the save if you want so i dont care what you think about that or say ._.

chocaboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a quick question, i dont mean to be bugging you or anything but are we still getting the update tonight?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd mention that this type of copy protection _is_ precedented further back than just the NDS. On the SNES Earthbound, they developed a particularly nasty protection for fighting those Korean 100-in-1 type pirate carts. The last boss would freeze and delete your saved game. Feel free to Google about it, there are Youtube videos showing the results.

So yes, people have a tendency to start crying about protections whenever something doesn't work as expected, but in this case it's actually true. There are several actual protections coded into the game in order to halt progress.

Gutentag

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dib said:
Just thought I'd mention that this type of copy protection _is_ precedented further back than just the NDS. On the SNES Earthbound, they developed a particularly nasty protection for fighting those Korean 100-in-1 type pirate carts. The last boss would freeze and delete your saved game. Feel free to Google about it, there are Youtube videos showing the results.

So yes, people have a tendency to start crying about protections whenever something doesn't work as expected, but in this case it's actually true. There are several actual protections coded into the game in order to halt progress.
EVERYONE EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He is, he's been sitting in the fifty-whatever CT thread getting thumped for being an imbecile. 26 posts of this and hopefully he'd be working toward toward a ban, but GBAtemp doesn't tend to take action against guys like that. And we're not allowed to smack him down because that would be 'flaming'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc