the new DSi games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by lalalalala, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

the new DSi games by lalalalala at 9:23 PM (2,566 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. lalalalala
    OP

Newcomer lalalalala Advanced Member

Canada
    Could it be possible for them to be played somehow, obviously without the additional functions like the camera? By being played, I mean possibly through flash carts or some sort of mod? I don't really want my DSL to be stuck with already released games. I frankly don't think it's a very good move on Nintendo's part because DSi isn't revolutionary enough to warrant its own line of games... IMO. Well, just enlighten me on this topic.

Thanks

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    ayb in future flash carts since they mightwrk on dsi mode but i doubt it......but without a flash cart ...i dont think its possible..they wouldnt call it dsi games

Posts merged

ayb in future flash carts since they mightwrk on dsi mode but i doubt it......but without a flash cart ...i dont think its possible..they wouldnt call it dsi games

3. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    it's pretty early to be thinking about this, since there aren't any DSi only/enhanced games yet. I'm assuming that making a DSi only game work on an older DS would be a pain in the ass if it was possible. so don't count on it.

4. shortperson1026

Newcomer shortperson1026 Member

United States
    No, and yes.

From what I read, there would be three types of games.

1. Games that don't have any special features, just normal games (Animal Crossing: WW, Metroid: Hunters, ect.)
    2. Games that work on both systems but have exclusive features when played on the DSi.
    3. Games that will only work on the DSi.

Games that are intended to work only on the DSi will not come to the DS Lite. For one, the DSi-Only games may require a Camera to play (Ex: WarioWare: Snapped). Another possibility is that they make use of the extra processing memory and RAM available which the DS Lite and Phat do not have.

Point made. [​IMG]

5. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I hope. I really want to play the Art Style games. There has to be a way to play them on the DSlite. I don't think they use the extra RAM at all.

6. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well since a exclusive DSi game hasn't been released we can only guess.

If the exclusive DSi game can be play on the DS and DSi then it might run on a flash cart.
    Why, because Nintendo has said that DSi exclusive games will also run in the DS but the extra features will not work.
    Therefore since the flash cart puts the DSi in DS Mode it will be possible to run the game but since its in DS mode it will not
    have extra features even if you have a DSi.

Another possibility is that, by the time a exclusive DSi game comes out an "improved" flash cart or better yet
    a hack or exploit letting people run back ups, etc might come out.

These are just theories, we gotta wait till a game comes out to test them out.

7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

took the words right out of me

8. Firedrake1

Member Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is something im nervous about too. I'm hoping they drop drop us DSL owners. [​IMG]

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I predict that in 2 years the DSL will no longer be sold in stores. Maybe even sooner. Or, if they do continue selling DSL's, there will be NOTHING BUT crapware games on it and all the good games will be DSi exclusives and will be severely watered-down on the DSL, if they will work on DSL at all.

It will also be at that time when they start getting vicious on DSi flashcarts. DSi exclusive games that have online play will FORCE an update. At which point you will have 2 options; don't play any games online, or be forced to update to play online and lose flashcart compatibility.

I'm telling you guys, my telepathetic powers are really buzzing on the subject of the DSi and it's NOT good.

10. greenrocks

Newcomer greenrocks Newbie

United States
    Oh, there will be games made for to work with DSi only? Wow. How poor, for these DS/DSL owners.

11. RT-9

Member RT-9 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    they maybe working but theydsl might make the screen smaller... which could make the screen blurry like big blocks

currently having a half broken DSL+R4 with ysmenu so i will buy a DSI anyway so i dont care

12. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    some DSI-only games might be patchable to work on a DSL, but the majority will use special features the DS doesn't have, making it impossible to run.
    (extra CPU speed and camera's can't just be patched into a rom, tough RAM and SD might be possible to simulate)

and games would only look less blocky on a DSL.
    the DSi doesn't have more pixels than a DSL, it just has bigger pixels.

13. ndstuff

Member ndstuff GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Compare the amount of Phat/DSL and DSi users, and here's your answer, both paht and lite will be supported along with DSi, and I doubt that there are going to be any good exclusives for DSi except for some crap like warioware that uses camera.

14. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When will the DS just die? I really don't think Nintendo should have made the DSi at all, they should just make a completely new handheld. The DS is what, 5 years old now? Having said that, I love my DS, but I think it's getting a little long in the tooth.

15. RT-9

Member RT-9 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yeah i know what you mean i want more power xD
    actually it was the same with the GBA they made gba sp and gba micro...

they all did pretty much the same
    only their shapes were different

16. chocolatbomb

Newcomer chocolatbomb Member

United States
    I have a pretty bad feeling the "DSi Exclusive" games will be centered around the camera.

17. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

also the extra ram
    and other unique things the dsi has

18. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Or "DSi Exclusive" games could take advantage of the extra processing power.