Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So why not make one? the ds has a mic in it, speakers, more then enough prepossessing power right? all it needs is a antenna and sim card slot, which again i would be could fit in a flash cart 1 or 2 (preferably 2 if ur using a NDS light) i know i would buy it, one less thing to keep in my pocket.

Alternatively i thing a GPS card would also have some promise, gps antenna with a micro sd card for maps.
(heck both cell and gps card would rock!)

the only reason i can think why this might not fly is perhaps some sorta legal reasons?

Any thoughts?

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres something close to it, its a homebrew program called Svsip, check in our downloads section for it. It uses Voip (voice over Ip) (Ip=internet protocol) and a wifi connection to call people. Gps could be possible but you would need access to a saterllite or atleast (if its not live) saved pictures of maps for where ur going, and that would take up alot of memory

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
You'd need a GSM/3G chip too, which wouldn't fit. And yes, why? Even if it were physically possible, you'd have to keep your DS on all the time, which would not only drain your battery but also prevent you from playing games while using the cell phone mode.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zeromac said:
Theres something close to it, its a homebrew program called Svsip, check in our downloads section for it. It uses Voip (voice over Ip) (Ip=internet protocol) and a wifi connection to call people. Gps could be possible but you would need access to a saterllite or atleast (if its not live) saved pictures of maps for where ur going, and that would take up alot of memory
like i said it would need a sd slot for maps (memory), i have all of North America in my gps phone, its just under 2 gigs for tom tom, and all gps satellites are free transmitting data for any one to pick up.

I read about the svsip, which is useful if your not: waiting to receive a call, or in a car, or in a coffee shop, or at the beach... well u know what i mean.

QUOTE(MaHe @ May 7 2009, 12:59 AM) You'd need a GSM/3G chip too, which wouldn't fit. And yes, why? Even if it were physically possible, you'd have to keep your DS on all the time, which would not only drain your battery but also prevent you from playing games while using the cell phone mode.

It could run on a semi sleep mode like when u set the alarm on the ds, my phone runs the same way, has a powersaveing mode when its not being used. i dont know how physically big a gsm chip is, but i did see cell phone watches on ebay this week, cant be that big... http://www.insightsip.com/node/4
from what i can tell that is a some what of a delux one yes? dosnt look that big?
but you do make a point about missing calls when playing a game, that might be an important loss to some people.
I suppose the only way it could be done right is if a firmware flash was possible making the phone ware part of the ds it self while the hardware would be left in the cart

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The main problem with the DS-as-mobile idea is that its limited memory allows it to run only one app at a time. If you're listening to music or playing a game no one can call you.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think they have some GPS device for NDS
smile.gif

if not wrong is called RANGER GPS brought to you by gbalpha aka m3team

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum