Hacking The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

zapzarap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all, thank you for the wonderful information.
I have one question.
I've been using for some time a phat psvita on v3.68 with h-encore (not v2) with sd2vita 64Gigs without any problems.
Now I've considered downgrading to 3.60 & installing enso.
What i'm not sure about is, can i still use the now perfect configured sd2vita while/after installing 3.60/enso? or do i have to reinstall sd2vita? If that's the case i might stay on 3.68/hencore, because i remeber installing the sd2vita was quite tricky (at least for me^^).
So: Can i just downgrade and install enso straight forward or is there anything i have to be aware of?
Thanks in advance for any help!

(
for downgrade/install enso i'm planning to use:
https://vita . hacks . guide/downgrading-firmware-(3.60)
)

Last edited by zapzarap,

dark79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone can help with this: I missed the boat on the SolidSphere PSVSD so I picked up the AliExpress knockoff. I did the solder connection per comments and it does work with PSVSD loaded as ux0 and SD2Vita as uma0. But once I power off or the Vita goes to sleep, it stops working when I turn it back on again.

Then it takes a good 30 min of: booting of the memory card I used to mod the system where there's a hit or miss that VitaShell will load properly. If it doesn't, I have to hard power off because the system will freeze with a normal power off. It will then reboot to safe mode where I choose "restart" and try again. Eventually, Vitashell will load. From there I choose reboot and let it load the plugins normally and then the PSVSD as ux0 and SD2Vita as uma0 will load right and I can access my games again.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the knockoff card? I'd like to get a legit, but they're not being made anymore.

More details:
  • Vita on 3.65 (3.60 does the same thing)
  • USBMC_installer used to disable the 3G error message, but removed plugin and config listing for storagemgr
  • Storage Manager config
    • MCD (Vita memory card) = grw0
    • GCD (SD2Vita) = uma0
    • UMA (PSVSD) = ux0
  • Sometimes rebuilding the database helps. But not always. And doing so screws up my bubbles.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Then it takes a good 30 min of: booting of the memory card I used to mod the system where there's a hit or miss that VitaShell will load properly. If it doesn't, I have to hard power off because the system will freeze with a normal power off. It will then reboot to safe mode where I choose "restart" and try again. Eventually, Vitashell will load. From there I choose reboot and let it load the plugins normally and then the PSVSD as ux0 and SD2Vita as uma0 will load right and I can access my games again.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the knockoff card? I'd like to get a legit, but they're not being made anymore.
This seem like the part you solder is not working correctly, all the problem list here could be sum up to the hardware is not working correctly and make the SD disconnect randomly.
Either the part itself or the solder can be at fault, please do a check on both of them to find out which.

dark79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seem like the part you solder is not working correctly, all the problem list here could be sum up to the hardware is not working correctly and make the SD disconnect randomly.
Either the part itself or the solder can be at fault, please do a check on both of them to find out which.

The card is working fine once it's detected. I have about 20 games installed on there (downloaded from my PSN account and installed) and I can play for hours with no disconnections. It's only when the system loses power from sleep or power-off that it doesn't want to work again when the unit is powered on.

I'll check the solder connections again, but I bought 2 and both do the same thing. I even soldered them both differently (one with a wire, one with scratching the board) and it doesn't matter either way. Once I boot the Vita from power on or sleep, they just don't want to kick back on. The blue light will blink once and then turn back off.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Since you also have sd2vita, you can just switch the sd card in sd2vita and psvsd, then make sd2vita ux0, and psvsd as uma0. I believe this will solve your problem with turn off, and even if the psvsd did not turn on right away will not make the system crash.
From what we know, this may be the fault of hardware, and you dont really need to fix it if you make the change in StorageManager setting.

dark79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you also have sd2vita, you can just switch the sd card in sd2vita and psvsd, then make sd2vita ux0, and psvsd as uma0. I believe this will solve your problem with turn off, and even if the psvsd did not turn on right away will not make the system crash.
From what we know, this may be the fault of hardware, and you dont really need to fix it if you make the change in StorageManager setting.

That would solve the Vita games problem but then I'd have PSP games problems :/ Guess I need to hope Solidsphere makes more adapters.

dark79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are still available:

link removed to reply

I have 2 Vita's with the official PSVSD adapters and they work perfectly fine

No longer available. When you try to check out, it will take you to a "Sold out" page. Per his Twitter he's no longer making them and there's no plans for more.

scott902

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hellllp ....i renamed my tai folder and now nothing works..cant even access usb to rename folder.im on psv1000
any ws to access memory
i

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t find this answer anywhere. Anyone know the steps to take in order to upgrade the Sony card when SD2Vita is set to ux0 and Sony card is uma0 on a 1k

TrulyStupidNewb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I modded my PSTV a few days ago with little trouble. The only problem is that I'm stuck on the final step, to get the SD2Vita to work with a large microSD card. The strange thing is that I already got SD2Vita working on my 8 GB microsd, but I have three other microSD cards: 256GB, 256GB, and 64GB which don't work. I heard a lot about fake microsds, but the 64GB one is a Samsung Evo (non-plus) that I bought in store, so it's likely legit.

Three cards have the same behaviour:
  • I see the red light flash for about 7-10 seconds.
  • The Vita loads with only legit games and apps. All the bubbles related to modding (VitaShell, AutoPlugin, non-legit games) are gone.
  • When I open the System, I see the Henkaku settings.
  • When I run Henkaku through the web browser then press R1 to reinstall, it complains that there is no memory card assigned to ux0.
  • When I open content manager, I do not see the SD2Vita storage, but only the internal PSTV storage.
  • If I boot using internal memory (so I can access VitaShell), then try to mount the card using Triangle, mount gamecard to ux0, it doesn't mount. However, it works on the 8GB card.
  • All 3 cards work perfectly as USB with UMA=ux0. Technically, I can run my Vita off the USB, but I guess I'm greedy in that I want my USB port free.
I made sure to dodge the common pitfalls I see in forums (not in order):
  1. I have both hidden and system folders enabled in windows explorer
  2. I made sure to write with zzBlank.img and format with 64kb partition each time I retrace the steps. I even used diskpart clean all to zero out the cards, just in case. I also tried formatting using 32kb and 16kb just to see what happens. Nothing happens.
  3. I used H2TestW.exe to make sure the storage in the cards are actually there. There were no errors.
  4. I compared the number of files on my working 8GB card and the larger card. They have the same number of files.
  5. I checked the contents of ur0:tai/config.txt every time to make sure storage manager is still at the top of the kernel.
  6. I checked the contents of ur0:tai/storage_config.txt to make sure INT=imc0 GCD=ux0. I even tried all the other combinations under the rainbow just in case.
  7. I do not have any tai folder in my ux0 internal storage or cards. If it ever appears (I check every time), I delete it.
  8. I wiped the cards with a microfiber cloth. It wasn't really needed since they were new and the 8GB card is way older and works just fine.
  9. I tried copying both using pc and only using vitashell copy and paste.
  10. I check the flashing red light every time for card activity.
  11. I looked into the SD2Vita card for any bent pins. Looks fine.
  12. I made sure to push in the microSD and card all the way into the adapter and slot.
  13. I used storage manager, gamesd, and TF tool one at a time. I make sure to clean config.txt when I change methods.
I even tried formatting to FAT32 using an app just to try. I tried unmounting ux0.

I don't know if it's my card reader. The card reader seems to be fine when doing the 8GB card and when mounting to USB. I don't know if it's my microSD cards. Surely not all 3 cards can be faulty? I don't know if it's something with the card contents. I checked and they were exactly the same as the working 8GB microsd card. Could it be the SD2Vita adapter? If so, how come the red drive light flashes for 7-10 seconds, and why does the 8GB microsd card works.

If anything, maybe it's a ghost. I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm getting closer to believing because nothing makes sense. If you have time, I would really appreciate any help! Or, an exorcist.

EDIT: I managed to make it work. I created a .img file from my working SD card, then wrote it onto the broken one. Then, I reformatted exFat with 64kb...etc, the usual steps.

Last edited by TrulyStupidNewb,

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance for being such a newbie. I got a Vita not that long ago, I followed this guide (linked from here): https://vita.hacks.guide/ and everything worked perfectly. Only issue was my tiny 8 gig memory card.

So I ordered a SD2Vita and set aside a 128 gig card. It arrives yesterday day, I go here, I find a guide and I follow the instructions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-my-sd2vita-psvsd-is-having-issues-thread.510876/

The problem is the instructions don't completely match. I can't get into VitaShell right now, so I'm going from memory but for example it said to copy files from ux0:tai to ur0:tai but there was no ux0:tai and the files were already in ur0. I keep following the steps as best I could, and I get to the part about uma0: and I don't have that so I skip it, then I get to the part where I'm supposed to edit storage_config.txt and everything I'm supposed to change it already set that way.

Obviously, since the directions were telling me to do stuff that was already done, I didn't end up with my SD2Vita card showing up like I wanted. It was still pointing to the old memory card, even after reboot and all that.

So, I'm frustrated because I made the mistake of using ftp and it took forever to finish backing up the files, so I do some more googling, I see something that says to use autoplugin to get the SD2Vita to work, the video lists my version of the firmware (3.6 I guess? all these versions confuse the heck out of me). It lists some of the same step, so I assume what I was missing was the plugin and I give it a shot.

Now all the unofficial stuff is gone. VitaShell isn't there, the two installed games, all that stuff. It doesn't show any of the stuff I installed. It does seem to know there's a big card in there though. It also still shows the stickman or what ever that is when it boots up, and HENkaku still shows up in the settings.

I assume all the configs are just massively screwed, that it's now pointing everything to the SD2VITA when I just wanted that for games and most stuff is still installed on the memory card. So, I remove the SD2Vita, reboot and everything is back as it was and works fine, but you know, still no SD2Vita. I pop it back in, reboot, updates database and everything is gone again.

Obviously it's user error. But I'm a bit lost. I tried doing this without asking questions but that didn't work out. Not sure at this point how to get the configs right or what my next step is. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by KrAzY3,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I assume all the configs are just massively screwed, that it's now pointing everything to the SD2VITA when I just wanted that for games and most stuff is still installed on the memory card. So, I remove the SD2Vita, reboot and everything is back as it was and works fine, but you know, still no SD2Vita. I pop it back in, reboot, updates database and everything is gone again.

Obviously it's user error. But I'm a bit lost. I tried doing this without asking questions but that didn't work out. Not sure at this point how to get the configs right or what my next step is.
Configs are fine, you just need to restore the backup of your memory card that you should have made to the SD2Vita. That doesn't happen automatically, you have to do that.

The easiest way to do this for you (so you're not constantly swapping configs or dealing with psvitaimgtools) would be to unplug the SD2Vita, boot up with the OG memory card, open VitaShell, and using USB (the best method) or FTP (if you don't have a proper USB cable for your Vita), backup the entire ux0 folder to your PC. Make sure on your PC that hidden files are being shown, and "Hide protected operating system files" in folder options in Windows is disabled before you back everything up.

Then, unplug your SD card from your SD2Vita and put it in your PC, and move the backed up contents of ux0 to the SD card.

When that's done, you can plug your SD card back into your SD2Vita and put it in your Vita and reboot, refreshing the live area if needed to show your games and such.

The faster way to do this would be to have the memory card mounted as ux0, and the SD2Vita mounted as uma0. Then you can simply copy everything from ux0 on the Vita directly to uma0, then swap the mount points back so the SD2Vita is ux0.

As a note, the reason so many steps seem wrong is because this guide was written before a lot of this stuff was just automatically done for the user, nowadays it's basically just "install autoplugin, run it" and that's it.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Psvita prevented access to sd2vita!!

I use my SD2Vita card a long time without any issues. Now, im not able to get access on it without to delete my content.
Psvita said that i have to format my card first to use it.

Does any solutions exist for my issue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a sure thing, but if something isn't right with the id.dat, it will force a format. the file can be deleted as it will be recreated at boot up again.

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
Configs are fine, you just need to restore the backup of your memory card that you should have made to the SD2Vita. That doesn't happen automatically, you have to do that.

The easiest way to do this for you (so you're not constantly swapping configs or dealing with psvitaimgtools) would be to unplug the SD2Vita, boot up with the OG memory card, open VitaShell, and using USB (the best method) or FTP (if you don't have a proper USB cable for your Vita), backup the entire ux0 folder to your PC. Make sure on your PC that hidden files are being shown, and "Hide protected operating system files" in folder options in Windows is disabled before you back everything up.
Edit: I AM AN IDIOT! Also thanks for your patience and helping me see the problem wasn't anything else.

I was just not grasping the file structure properly. I put the damn folder there, not just the contents. Not my best moment, very sorry for wasting your time. It works perfectly now. If you can take it as any consolation, my brain fart caused me quite a bit of annoyance.

I apologize. Hey everyone, don't be like me, be sure you just put the contents in the root not the folder itself. This was such an obvious thing that once I realized it I typed this reply while I was moving files over. Duh...

Last edited by KrAzY3,

Leen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U might want to add some of this to your index of psvsd Data while for spheresolid versions might not have this issue older ones might and you night want to make sure they know about it. I did what the original poster u/M1lk4h0l1c did on vitahack it fixed my right up but it was a devil of a time finding the information

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6x28bz/psvsd_v21_fix_for_microsd_card_detection_issue/

i forgot to put this up yesterday since people think he is not putting anymore out

SphereSolid
@SphereSolid

·
Mar 11
I am expecting to make another run, and expect to have more, around April/May. There are circumstances which I am still working out. Thank you all for your patience.
@yifanlu
@frwololo
@HackInformer
@GBAtemp
@PlayStationHaX
@KawaiiAuroraA
#Henkaku #PSVSD

Attachments

• GnX45r.jpg
    GnX45r.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 389
Last edited by Leen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.