Hacking The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am partially asking here because it seems appropriate and partially because I am struggling to find results when searching. I have noticed that my vita is vastly underreporting my remaining space. On a 256GB card, it says I have 8GB remaining, but when plugged into my computer, the same card reports 100GB remaining. What causes such a massive discrepancy, and how can I fix it? As it is, I cannot install more than 8GB worth of new software despite having the necessary space.

Reactions: Danook28

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like your SD is failing or is a fake
I am partially asking here because it seems appropriate and partially because I am struggling to find results when searching. I have noticed that my vita is vastly underreporting my remaining space. On a 256GB card, it says I have 8GB remaining, but when plugged into my computer, the same card reports 100GB remaining. What causes such a massive discrepancy, and how can I fix it? As it is, I cannot install more than 8GB worth of new software despite having the necessary space.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, it's a know bug. You have to format the sd card in exfat with a 64kb cluster size to fix the issue.
I thought I did that, but it turns out it is not formatted to 64kb. Guess I gotta format and start reinstalling everything! Rough, but worth it to get my 100GBs back.

Do you know if there is any tool to make restoring a vita into an easier task? I ask because I have done a card swap before and it left me having to reinstall several games, losing save data in the process. Not the end of the world if I have to do so, but figured I would ask. Since I have to reformat to get new cache size, I guess I am SOL unfortunately.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Related to my first post, I see also that my vita SD shows 136GB of used space on my PC, but only 70GB or so when all files are selected in the root. I have hidden folder display turned on, so I would think that they are all getting picked up. Is there some other file or files that the vita/vita hacks/SD2Vita/pkgj/adrenaline/etc. create which are hidden from windows file explorer?

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Finalizing and Cleaning Up

For 3.65 Henkaku Ensō]​
  1. Go into Settings, Henkaku Settings, and Reload TAIhen config.txt, or preferably, reboot.
  2. Use VitaShell to verify the configuration was a success. Any changed locations should now show the SD card size as the maximum size on the VitaShell home screen. If you are using your SD2Vita or PSVSD as extra storage, you're done.
  3. If you changed your ux0 location, access your Sony card (uma0) and delete everything. Connect to the PC and copy your uma0 backup (fresh installs likely didn't have anything to back up) to the Vita. You're done.
Sorry, this is confusing the hell out of me because i did not have a uma0 folder before...
I want to use the original 16GB memory card in my Slim Vita exclusively for Adrenaline and Retroarch,
but where do the respective folders need to be to start the application via homescreen bubble?
ux0 (256GB main storage via SD2VITA)? uma0 (16GB Sony)? Maybe ur0?!

Can i format the card, so that it's blank, and then just slap on the ROMs/ISOs/Game folders?
Or do i need a basic ('app'>'pspemucfw'/'retroarch' only) /complete folder structure ('app', 'appmeta', 'data', etc.
including subfolders) to have it work correctly?

/Edited for clarification reasons

/Edit2: The change somehow introduced 2 issues for me:
a) with taking screenshots.
Before, on the original MC, i would use pngshot repeatedly and every screenshot was saved with no problem at all.
Now, whenever i attempt to take a screenshot, regardless of it being in a Vita game or in Andrenaline,
i'm just given a message in the top left - "An error occurred".
The respective folder created in ux0/pictures/screenshots is empty.
Of course i've tried reinstalling the plugins via autoplugin2, but the problem persists.
Capturing video snippets via 'Vita Recorder' works totally fine, however.

b) the original 'Configurations' can't be opened anymore after activating h-encore, instead giving the error
C2-12828-1.

Scratch the above; i've updated to 3.74, still had these problems (and some others) and - ultimately being fed up with the constant reboots - decided to go for enso. Not one fucking problem since then:
It detected the SD as soon as the line was written under *KERNEL and config saved.
It runs the games flawlessly, i can take screenshots and access all apps, settings included. :rolleyes:

Last edited by zetsu,

WohaoGaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey. I modded my PSV using this guide and it worked for the most part. I followed all the instructions properly but now I wanna install games using pkgj but it downloads to the Memory card instead of my SD2VITA. It should say I have 238GB free but it says I only have 2.74GB. I'm assuming it's not detecting my SD Card. I've tried making a config file to point pkgj to uma0. does anyone know what I need to do?

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm assuming it's not detecting my SD Card
What does the partition list in VitaShell say?
Also, there should be an option in PKGJ's options to properly link it to the preferred source.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Related to my first post, I see also that my vita SD shows 136GB of used space on my PC, but only 70GB or so when all files are selected in the root. I have hidden folder display turned on, so I would think that they are all getting picked up. Is there some other file or files that the vita/vita hacks/SD2Vita/pkgj/adrenaline/etc. create which are hidden from windows file explorer?

Can anybody help me with this issue? I am still unable to resolve it.

You can also format it with the vita itself

Could you share with me how to do that? Maybe the Vita will succeed where my PC seems to fail in formatting correctly.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody help me with this issue? I am still unable to resolve it.

Could you share with me how to do that? Maybe the Vita will succeed where my PC seems to fail in formatting correctly.
It should be under Settings > Format > Format memory card (make sure it's selecting the SD2Vita one not the internal card. SD2Vita should reflect your storage size

dbzkamehamea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm currently trying to troubleshoot my sd2vita card issue. can someone analyse the steps i took?

i followed the storagemgr tutorial but didn't see my card in vitashell
i decided to install autoplugin2 mount it that way, which worked
but i noticed that the files i copied from the MC are somehow bigger in de microSD.
i thought maybe i did something wrong so i re-prepared my sd.

i wanted to see if i can still find my card (while empty) in vitashel. i sadly couldn't, prior to using autoplugin and succesfully mounting it for the first time; i did some test mounting with vitashell and vitaploy (gr0) which worked but now... i cant see the same previous mounting option in vitashell and mounting it to gr0 via vitashell gives me this error c1-2758-2.

i don't know what i might have done wrong, the sd card is still visible on my pc. are there mounting conflicts between storagemgr and autoplugin or maybe worst case scenario, the adapter is broken.

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
but i noticed that the files i copied from the MC are somehow bigger in de microSD.
The format used on a partition plays a major role in this: Between NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT - you name it - the size will vary.
Sometimes even the same format can lead to a different size (compression rates?).

i cant see the same previous mounting option in vitashell
Did you check the config file?

dbzkamehamea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The format used on a partition plays a major role in this: Between NTFS, FAT, FAT32, exFAT - you name it - the size will vary.
Sometimes even the same format can lead to a different size (compression rates?).

Did you check the config file?
can you run me through what should see

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
In the config file? Well, you have to have certain functions enabled to run certain programs...
Like this line mentioned in the first post (#7):
Change any lines in *KERNEL and *main that say ux0:tai/<plugin>.skprx to ur0:tai/<plugin>.skprx.
Depending on the Vita model (fat/slim/with internal memory) and what medium/partition is used to store the files, the first part of the line (ur0, ux0,...) will obviously vary. You just need to edit the config to be in line with the storing.
Although the partition to be used can be edited later in StorageMgr's options.

Also, don't forget that VitaShell has an option to display your preferred medium when connecting to a PC.

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Really? You can pick what the PC will read af it it was the memory card?
Take a look at the highlighted area in this screenshot:

Attachments

• psvita2pc.jpg
    psvita2pc.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: raxadian

dbzkamehamea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the config file? Well, you have to have certain functions enabled to run certain programs...
Like this line mentioned in the first post (#7):

Depending on the Vita model (fat/slim/with internal memory) and what medium/partition is used to store the files, the first part of the line (ur0, ux0,...) will obviously vary. You just need to edit the config to be in line with the storing.
Although the partition to be used can be edited later in StorageMgr's options.

Also, don't forget that VitaShell has an option to display your preferred medium when connecting to a PC.

i have a 1000 model
and posted my config in attached, can you check?
also want to point out, i only mounted the mc via autoplugin2.
i tried different mount location, but ended removing them

Attachments

• config.txt
    641 bytes · Views: 7
  • storage_config.txt
    8 bytes · Views: 8
  • storagemgr_log.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 9

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
and posted my config in attached, can you check?
Your storage_config only has MCD=ux0 in it; to my understanding it's missing a few entries.
The first post mentions two ways to set up the SD2Vita depending on its purpose.
Try adding the rest of the partitions as described and reboot the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Already got a few aids they help me +1