Gaming The Most Under-rated NDS games

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Hotel Dusk Room 215 FTW! It's so great, however you don't wanna replay it after completing it because you know all of the story.. and thats mostly what the game is about. The story IS certainly great. That i guarantee

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Jet Impulse.

Its a japanese rom but it is really great. There is an english walk through on strategywiki. They were to release this game in the US under the title "DS Air", but that seems to have gone up in a puff of smoke.

Synsane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think Contact, and Custom Robo aren't as popular as they should be... Contact was the first DS game I bought..
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna toss a vote in for TMNT. After having a bit of fun with Tokyo Beat Down, I went back to see if there were any other beat`em-ups I might want to take another look at. I remember fooling with it a bit a while back and not being too impressed with it. The game definitely has its own thing going on -- not your typical beat`em-up -- but I'm finding myself enjoying it. It's kind of a weird mix of on-rails and platforming/beat`em-up. Pretty cool. I think IGN gave it a "5." Having not yet played through the whole thing, I couldn't honestly say it deserves a better score, but it's certainly worth checking out.

+1

EDIT: Okay...I played through about eight or nine levels, and yeah, it's a "5." IGN was pretty dead on, I think. That said, it's still fun as a guilty pleasure sort of thing.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to go w/ Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp. Some ppl probably say that it's a -10,000, but I bet it's at least a -1000.

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge metroid fan I mean HHHUUUGGEE metroid fan. but I'd like to know a little more about age of empires I have that for the computer but I didn't hear much good stuff about that if you've played it. or maybe metroid pin ball.
ph34r.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I second Lode Runner DS. I actually didn't know this game even existed until I saw this thread, and was just wondering when we'll see a version on the DS after the Xbox Live Arcade release last week.

Yes, it's in Japanese, but the gameplay doesn't involve any text and the menus can be easily figured out. Plus you get a map editor and all the usual goodness.

My votes for most underrated:
Lode Runner DS
Prey the Stars
Crash Bandicoot - Mind Over Mutant
Music Mon-stars

Games I feel should be on this list by the end of the year if it starts updating again:
Big Bang Mini
My World My Way
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Slingo Quest
Robocalypse
Luminous Arc 2
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

opearn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow....
i can't believe you call Barnyard Blast underrated.

it's so bad it can literally not be underrated!

its that bad!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
harbu said:
THEME PARK DS

I don't know why the mainstream review sites have graded this game so low. It's actually pretty good at least in my opinion. I might be a bit biased though since I used to spend hours on this game on the PC.
ph34r.gif
Ahahahah!! That's not under-rated, that's an abomination! I feel sorry for anyone who has played that game. It has "shovel-ware" written ALL over it for a damn good reason.

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Custom Robo is surprising underrated, That Game is SUPER good and should have a sequel

also the Draglade Series is definitely underrated

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Teelow said:
I think Custom Robo is surprising underrated, That Game is SUPER good and should have a sequel

Don't deny it. It was a mediocre game at best. I painfully finished the game, and I hated it.

Anyways, Henry Hatsworth feels very underrated.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Tropicana said:
Teelow said:

Don't deny it. It was a mediocre game at best. I painfully finished the game, and I hated it.

Anyways, Henry Hatsworth feels very underrated.

Yep Henry Hatsworth was an excellent hybrid between platformer and puzzles.

I felt Avalon Code was kinda good but underrated, and Sid Meier's Civilization revolution too...

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dwight said:
Ugh, the one time I actually need to see this list... It's gone lol.

Hehe, ever since I started reading this thread, there was no list. It' always just been in the posts, nobody bothered listing them all... (well, maybe sb did, but that Mister X must have stopped already some time ago...)
smile.gif

~BlackNeedle

EDIT: After reading a little, the list probably ceased in October 2008 (here).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1