Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Is your SD card full? I had a similar issue when I purposely filled my SD card
Good low after update to 1.1.1 it works again
Very strange behavior

and no I filled it by half, I saw that indeed if too full the .nxindex no longer works properly

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good low after update to 1.1.1 it works again
Very strange behavior

and no I filled it by half, I saw that indeed if too full the .nxindex no longer works properly
Wow that is super strange behavior but good to know you can just downgrade

I’ll make a FAQ and add that to the OP in case others have that issue thanks

Reactions: mathew77 and Zoria

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a few of these but haven’t had any updates on shipping even though they said ships in March. Not much time left to meet the deadline. If they don’t ship soon I’ll probably cancel the orders since the device seems to be having a lot of issues.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The dumper is real. Taki Udon posted a video of it in action, but who knows for how long before it’s taken down.
I just watched that vid. The real amazing point is when he hooks it up to his hacked switch to use as a plain card reader with a real cart of minecraft, playing on I think yuzu (that's what the icon looked like to me) and it played significantly better than when the same cart was played natively. Like goddamn Nintendo, an emulator for the system running on that same system, better than the actual system? Not great!

Also, on topic, I'm still waiting to see about the cert file detection. Like, it's totally possible that OP's method of just using a cert from one of their own physically owned games as a donor appended to stuff downloaded to fly under the radar, in which case fantastic, that blows the usefulness of this wide open. But now that the cart and dumper are getting to consumer hands, it's still possible Nintendo is getting ready to pull the trigger on some unknown to us cert check, like maybe the cert file includes the title of the game or something that they can detect online, and will let things simmer a few to drop the hammer on. I'm really hopeful it's the former, but I'm still going to wait and watch for a while for those braver than I to test out all the kinks.

Reactions: mathew77

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a few of these but haven’t had any updates on shipping even though they said ships in March. Not much time left to meet the deadline. If they don’t ship soon I’ll probably cancel the orders since the device seems to be having a lot of issues.
At least according to Reddit the next shipment of units seems to be mid April

They are just being hella slow with production for whatever reason

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The software on those chips is what is important and acquiring that is the problem.
You can use their open source MIG Dumper NRO to make a partial backup of whatever game is selected by the inserted MIG at the time(it skips cert files)

However if the MIG Switch SD card is full their Dumper NRO refused to process and let you backup the flashcart any longer

Yet the switch OS and other homebrew apps like Tinfoil or DBI both work with it and can back it up fine still

So maybe their dumper NRO has something preventative in place and could be a good starting point

Last edited by TheStonedModder,
Reactions: BigOnYa

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that's not how it works.
Whatever the chips/firmware inside the MIG Switch are doing, is not visible by the console.
Afaik there is no (public) attack for the used chips to dumps their contents.
Right now one would have to decap the chips and do an optical extraction of the FW.
It will probably happen when or if the MIG Switch becomes a "commercial" success - that's when clones want a piece of that cake as well.
But right now it's more like a niche ... we will have to wait and see what happens.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been downloading updates for pirated games? Curious to see if and when the ban hammer falls.
I did it back on SXOS and didn’t get banned surprisingly enough. But than again I also wasn’t using doner certs just 1:1 copies of my retail system while my Twitch steam played the same copies

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did it back on SXOS and didn’t get banned surprisingly enough. But than again I also wasn’t using doner certs just 1:1 copies of my retail system while my Twitch steam played the same copies
Yeah individual copies of legit games have more of a chance of not triggering a ban, I was thinking more about shonky downloads with substituted certs.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah individual copies of legit games have more of a chance of not triggering a ban, I was thinking more about shonky downloads with substituted certs.
I guess we will know soon enough hardest part rn besides finding donor certs(for some) are unmodified / untrimmed XCI files

Otherwise they don’t work

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here with a Mig, update to FW 18 yet? Does it still work correctly?
Mine is still working perfectly. Just opened luigies mansion, cycled through the other 30 and every one I tried worked as well. Except for the handful of trimmed XCIs I failed to remove from the SD card (really is a shame those don't work)
Post automatically merged:

Found a consistant bug. If you eject the MIG Switch before a game is closed fully or if you click on a game icon on your screen before that game is selected triggering the system prompt "please insert the game card" and then starting inserting your MIG thinking it will eventually cycle to that game

Well doing either of the two will get it stuck on the last game it was on, causing you to need to delete the .nxindex file on the SD card

Last edited by TheStonedModder,
Reactions: Zoria and BigOnYa

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sure hope whatever follows the mig down the line has a more elegant way to switch games. even a toggle button on top. the whole eject and reinsert business really just sounds like a recipe to easily break things.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure hope whatever follows the mig down the line has a more elegant way to switch games. even a toggle button on top. the whole eject and reinsert business really just sounds like a recipe to easily break things.
While a button would be nice I don’t really think that will be an issue unless you’re purposely pushing the game card down as hard as you can or aren’t careful with your devices

It’s such a soft click

Reactions: BigOnYa and Zoria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto