Not open for further replies.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry guys, but I sort of agree with Pendor's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge flaming wall of flame + 25 to flaming. This topic should be closed until new info will be given.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The sole purpose of this topic was to provide answers to questions. This isn't for flaming or discussion of anything. If you don't have a question, don't talk in here. I'd rather have this topic live on instead of get shut down.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
Useless topic ever.

Reasons:
1) You just "reopened" a closed thread, so to speak.
2) People are idiots.

Plus, I'm tired of you menudo fanboys. Please stop doing FAQs, WIKIs and bumping topics.

It's an unreleased homebrew. There's nothing to document.

It's a closed beta. There's nothing to discuss, unless you're a tester.

You're just creating hype and starting possible flame wars. Wanna show the project status? There are hundreds of free hosting services out there. Just find one, install a forum/CMS for everyone to see and that's it.

All I've seen so far is a topic with 110+ pages, no actual data and a whole lotta "OMGZZZ CAN I HAS RELEAZE DATES", "Menudo sucks dick" and such. I'll make this very clear: I'm not interested in this app but I have nothing against soulanger and his work. This is not about him. This is about a bunch of people making noise about something that it's not even complete. Do whatever you want..once it's finished.

You probably won't even listen to what I've just said. Meh, I could not care less.

PD: Yeah I know, I've just bumped a topic about menudo. Ironic.

1) We know it's a closed beta,
2) We know it's unreleased and there's alot to document anyway
3) I can name quite a few beta testers in this thread right now, including me.
4) This is not a continuation of the threads and you apparently cannot read because there's quite a lot of data in the other thread. This thread was to address questions for people like you who cannot read.
5) We have a forum/CMS however rightnow it's currently private
6) Most useless post ever, We don't even care if your interested in the app or not, We were not trying to start flame wars or any hype, it's people like you who start flame wars. I don't start them, I finish them.

In fact, just so you can shut your fucking trap and go back to your life, here is a list of current beta testers:

Mercluke
TinyMonkeyT
fgghjkkll
Me
Noitora
Spinal
iPikachu
HtheB
[End Quote directly from private wiki]

There you have it. The only people who aren't beta testers in this thread are Skyline (who was thanked for making this thread) and LxTrix (The starter of the recent flame wars). So if there is anyone to blame for the flame game, it's not us, we finish the flames that are already going around, we have yet to start one.

Oh and before I forget, It was nice meeting you, however you know just the right things to say to piss people off. After reading your post you pissed me off.

Oh for all you people who think how low the post number is that means your a noob, your dead wrong, what makes you a noob is how you act, not how many posts you have.

Thank you very much for your useless waste of server database space and making me waste some myself which I'm not exactly happy about because I like to keep my wasteful use of database to a minimal.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shadow, I leave you in charge of silencing the naysayers. You have that certain way with words that I don't that gets the point across and draws a conclusion at the same time. I'll just be the information gatherer
tongue.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I have a question. I hope someone doesn't flame me...

Which file types of images, and music are going to be supported? Will it support txt's also? Besides the ones in the wiki.

I wasn't going to ask this because someone might get angry at me but, which movie files will it support besides SMF?

I'm scared.....

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:

Which file types of images, and music are going to be supported? Will it support txt's also? Besides the ones in the wiki.

I wasn't going to ask this because someone might get angry at me but, which movie files will it support besides SMF?

I'm scared.....
I have one thing to say to you, KingdomBlade...
Thank you.
Now this, THIS is a perfectly acceptable question on the FAQ! This is the kind of post I want to see on here.
biggrin.gif

Now, as for supported filetypes, I'll find out ASAP and post on the front page. Thanks again for asking a real question like a civilized person!
smile.gif

ShadowEO, I don't have a means of contacting Soul outside of GBAtemp, can you do the honors of answering this one?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
stuff that mikmod supports.
MAYBE .mp3
OBVIOUSLY some picture formats (not sure which one)
not sure about .txts but considering it has a text editor, most likely yes.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
KingdomBlade said:

I'm scared.....
Thank you.
Now this, THIS is a perfectly acceptable question on the FAQ! This is the kind of post I want to see on here.
biggrin.gif

Now, as for supported filetypes, I'll find out ASAP and post on the front page. Thanks again for asking a real question like a civilized person!
smile.gif

ShadowEO, I don't have a means of contacting Soul outside of GBAtemp, can you do the honors of answering this one?
It seems as though fggjhkkll has done so already. KingdomBlade, your question is welcome as a valid question. I believe that SMF is the only movie type but You should be able to boot into moonshell or any other Video player to play DPGs, DSVs, or the Tuna-Vids AVi.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Sorry guys, but I sort of agree with Pendor's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge flaming wall of flame + 25 to flaming. This topic should be closed until new info will be given.
You are just like Pendor then and my post also applies to you then, New info is given everyday, if we have a mod close the topic then he/she would have to re-open it when we want to post the new information which could become a great hassle. Once again, your useless post and my useless post ableit having a purpose is even more of a server database waste.

woops, I just realized I double posted.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you get us some more up-to-date videos & pictures?
biggrin.gif

Also - is there ANY clues as to which lucky card will be given commercial rom loading support?

(BTW I'm new to gbatemp!)

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If one of the other testers can, we should be able to, and as for the hint to the lucky card, we don't know yet still.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
If this thread becomes too much spam and flaming, I'll ask Toni to lock it via PM. I'll do it myself, so nobody has to worry. However, I strongly urge you all to keep your pointless comments to yourselves. This FAQ is for questions ONLY, not speculation or flaming. That includes these people who have already posted pointless comments (sorry for singling yous out, but it's gotta be done):

Briankealing:
QUOTE said:
Q: What information is released to the public?
A:

+A card menu replacement - Homebrew-only, with the exception of one card. Said card is unknown at this time.
+mPlayer - MP3 Player
+mPlayer - Movie Player
+mExplorer - File Explorer
+mSettings - System Settings
+mShortcut - Shortcuts
+mNavigate - A ps3-inspired navigator, with ipod-like stylus controls
+mPulutan - Online features, according to SoulAnger
+Video/screenshot previews for homebrew
+Shrink - Multitasking.
+Whiteboard - A place for notes, drawings, etc.
+Robust skinning system

Q: Anything else?
A: No.

Q: Release date?
A: Unknown

This thread in a nutshell
tongue.gif

EDIT: And Pendor, you obviously are just randomly flaming. This is a closed beta, meaning there is plenty to inform the public that might not be released in any other way. This is NOT a discussion thread, this is a FAQ thread, for informative purposes only. Why would I start a site for MENUdo if I'm not the creator of the app itself? Soul can do that himself when he feels it's necessary. And as for forums, what the hell do you think you're on right now? And I don't know what you mean about "FAQs", there is no plural form. This is the only MENUdo FAQ, Soul's original MENUdo topic is more of a discussion thread which was SUPPOSED to be for suggestions and progress updates. However, flamers and people like you running their mouths turned it into a flame war. This is not a replacement for Soul's MENUdo topic, it's merely a thread to collaborate all of the information about the homebrew application as Soul doesn't have time to do it. I'll do my thing, you keep your pointless comments to yourself.

frown.gif

I posted that as a sly nod towards the other thread - looks like it was taken another direction.

The ":P" smiley is there to say "cheer up, I'm not punching up this thread, just making a point".

However, I still rest my case.

I see this thread becoming a much larger and useful one when more information is released to the public - however, I do believe it is a bit early for this sort of FAQ.

No hard feelings,
Brian

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH BrianKealing, I am very sorry, My deepest apologies as I had not known the intent of your message. I thought you were trying to say something else about us starting this thread. However the FAQ was to stop the people who keep asking questions without reading the thread. And because of it, We created a list of questions to address people's questions about MENUdo, not to really discuss it.

wiiDaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowEO said:
Pendor said:
Useless topic ever.

Reasons:
1) You just "reopened" a closed thread, so to speak.
2) People are idiots.

Plus, I'm tired of you menudo fanboys. Please stop doing FAQs, WIKIs and bumping topics.

It's an unreleased homebrew. There's nothing to document.

It's a closed beta. There's nothing to discuss, unless you're a tester.

You're just creating hype and starting possible flame wars. Wanna show the project status? There are hundreds of free hosting services out there. Just find one, install a forum/CMS for everyone to see and that's it.

All I've seen so far is a topic with 110+ pages, no actual data and a whole lotta "OMGZZZ CAN I HAS RELEAZE DATES", "Menudo sucks dick" and such. I'll make this very clear: I'm not interested in this app but I have nothing against soulanger and his work. This is not about him. This is about a bunch of people making noise about something that it's not even complete. Do whatever you want..once it's finished.

You probably won't even listen to what I've just said. Meh, I could not care less.

PD: Yeah I know, I've just bumped a topic about menudo. Ironic.

1) We know it's a closed beta,
2) We know it's unreleased and there's alot to document anyway
3) I can name quite a few beta testers in this thread right now, including me.
4) This is not a continuation of the threads and you apparently cannot read because there's quite a lot of data in the other thread. This thread was to address questions for people like you who cannot read.
5) We have a forum/CMS however rightnow it's currently private
6) Most useless post ever, We don't even care if your interested in the app or not, We were not trying to start flame wars or any hype, it's people like you who start flame wars. I don't start them, I finish them.

In fact, just so you can shut your fucking trap and go back to your life, here is a list of current beta testers:

Mercluke
TinyMonkeyT
fgghjkkll
Me
Noitora
Spinal
iPikachu
HtheB
[End Quote directly from private wiki]

There you have it. The only people who aren't beta testers in this thread are Skyline (who was thanked for making this thread) and LxTrix (The starter of the recent flame wars). So if there is anyone to blame for the flame game, it's not us, we finish the flames that are already going around, we have yet to start one.

Oh and before I forget, It was nice meeting you, however you know just the right things to say to piss people off. After reading your post you pissed me off.

Oh for all you people who think how low the post number is that means your a noob, your dead wrong, what makes you a noob is how you act, not how many posts you have.

Thank you very much for your useless waste of server database space and making me waste some myself which I'm not exactly happy about because I like to keep my wasteful use of database to a minimal.

QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Jun 27 2009, 04:40 AM)
Shadow, I leave you in charge of silencing the naysayers. You have that certain way with words that I don't that gets the point across and draws a conclusion at the same time. I'll just be the information gatherer
tongue.gif

The only flamers in this thread are you guys. Pendor made a very good point, meaning NO NEW INFORMATION will be learned until Menudo is actually released. He then humbly bowed out.

Shadow's post that followed was an obvious attempt to get a rise out of Pendor and draw him back in. Hat's off to Pendor for being a person of his word. Shame on you Shadow and Skyline for not letting it go and trying to keep the drama going.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiiDaddy, you're one to talk. You just made a highly hypocritical move there, your post was an obvious attempt to get a rise out of us. What did I say? Ask a real question (refer to KingdomBlade's question for an example) or don't post in this thread.

wiiDaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
KingdomBlade said:

I'm scared.....

Thank you.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jun 27 2009, 05:13 AM)
stuff that mikmod supports.
MAYBE .mp3
OBVIOUSLY some picture formats (not sure which one)
not sure about .txts but considering it has a text editor, most likely yes.

I saw a real question but I didn't see a real answer. And that was from two so-called beta testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: