United States
EpZu954.jpg

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically the meta in yu gi oh right now. It's bad but also funny cause if you say no to the first card played the person usually scoops. In my mind they Blue screen of death cause they don't know what to do once you throw them off.

Emperor_Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not like Yugioh didn't always have those sorts of decks, it's just that Konami just started supporting and building the game around that instead because it sells better. They also just slap blanket protection on everything these days, to the point where I can play my FTK deck and have it be more fair than a standard meta deck because there's more than one out to it.

Classic Konami, making destructive decisions for money.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was mainly exodia draw decks until synchros became a thing and then it went down hill from there because they ever growing power creep. They could have cut it then but they went all in for the money

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name?

I mean, I know it's James Cameron Avatar, but where can I get the game from?
Uh.. you mean where can you buy this game, nowadays? Have no idea, though the game was released for PC, Xbox360 & PS3, you can look for the console versions, if the pc version is no longer available?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh.. you mean where can you buy this game, nowadays? Have no idea, though the game was released for PC, Xbox360 & PS3, you can look for the console versions, if the pc version is no longer available?
thx but, is there a specific name i should search for?
Or just Avatar/James Cameron's Avatar??

Emperor_Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was mainly exodia draw decks until synchros became a thing and then it went down hill from there because they ever growing power creep. They could have cut it then but they went all in for the money
Exodia was sort of always the "permitted" FTK/OTK. I'm talking stuff like Empty Jar, Black Pendant RML, Cannon Soldier, RML/Gearfried/Elma Loop and whatnot. That's all classic era Yugioh too- if there was a card on the banlist that didn't seem like it should be, it was probably due to a broken strategy.

The downhill did start with 5Ds and synchro though. They tried to maintain power balance in GX, that's why there's so many weird, barely playable cards in that era, but they gave up trying to balance with old cards and just started to make brokenly powerful archetypes instead by the time 5Ds rolled around.

Most FTK strats source from Royal Magical Library even today, yet Konami's never thought to merely punch that in the face with a banhammer. I mean, I'd be sad if they did, but if they hate non-archetype OTK so much it's a really simple fix.

But to not go too far off topic, have a meme:

peroxide.png

Now, I'm off to try and make Lord British Space Fighter a thing again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've also heard chewing expired gum causes hearing loss when wearing headphones.