08982afe021a8ce31f87b7622858a6f1.jpg

Lockdown 3....

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it feels like more of a gimmik match then the likes of squad strike or smash down...that's why I give it little hope
I mean I'm not even banking on the mode ever existing. Just an idea of how I think they could send off the series after they finish all the proper DLC fighters. I would hope it was evident that I wasn't exactly waiting on baited breath for such a feature to be implemented like it's a done deal. And maybe if they were so cool to give us such a last bonus that they might extend it's reach to online too. Hell that idea of it possibly being an online mode as well was literally an edit I made after the post initially that wasn't even originally there, it's not like I've thought long and hard about how likely any of it is to happen, just something I thought would be cool.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I'm not even banking on the mode ever existing. Just an idea of how I think they could send off the series after they finish all the proper DLC fighters. I would hope it was evident that I wasn't exactly waiting on baited breath for such a feature to be implemented like it's a done deal. And maybe if they were so cool to give us such a last bonus that they might extend it's reach to online too. Hell that idea of it possibly being an online mode as well was literally an edit I made after the post initially that wasn't even originally there, it's not like I've thought long and hard about how likely any of it is to happen, just something I thought would be cool.
I know...mostly just frustration with not having some of the fun multiplayer modes available online...at least with friends I have an alright time with smash online...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But can't you still play PS3 games on the PS5 via PS Now? I know streaming isn't exactly the same as being able to play copies of games you already owned on new hardware, but still the ability to play PS3 games on your PS5 exists in some capacity regardless. As far as I know there is no known way to get any of those delisted DSiWare games again on any Nintendo hardware if hadn't already downloaded them or without hacking.

Of course that's not even addressing the problem with people on Nintendo's modern system demanding all Nintendo titles of the past somehow be playable on the system, even though the Switch lacks a second screen, making a huge portion of games not able to properly be experienced on the system, without either a second Switch entirely to link them both up or without modifying each game to instead function with just one screen, or make an awkward layout on the one screen that features both screens in some way. At some point people have to just accept that some games really were meant to be played on the devices they were initially made for, and that putting them on the latest and greatest system might not always make the most sense.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey now, there's a diffrence between never having something and taking something away...though I would be impressed if ps3 games ever ran on anything besides a ps3...or pc emulator

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But can't you still play PS3 games on the PS5 via PS Now? I know streaming isn't exactly the same as being able to play copies of games you already owned on new hardware, but still the ability to play PS3 games on your PS5 exists in some capacity regardless. As far as I know there is no known way to get any of those delisted DSiWare games again on any Nintendo hardware if hadn't already downloaded them or without hacking.

Of course that's not even addressing the problem with people on Nintendo's modern system demanding all Nintendo titles of the past somehow be playable on the system, even though the Switch lacks a second screen, making a huge portion of games not able to properly be experienced on the system, without either a second Switch entirely to link them both up or without modifying each game to instead function with just one screen, or make an awkward layout on the one screen that features both screens in some way. At some point people have to just accept that some games really were meant to be played on the devices they were initially made for, and that putting them on the latest and greatest system might not always make the most sense.
they can in fact be redownloaded if you own them

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they can in fact be redownloaded if you own them
Yeah I know, I was saying that besides that or hacking your system so you can install copies from online, there is no other way to officially get those games again. Meanwhile, yes the PS5 isn't backwards compatible with your actual copies of PS3 games, but you can still officially stream PS3 games on the PS5 regardless.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, I was saying that besides that or hacking your system so you can install copies from online, there is no other way to officially get those games again. Meanwhile, yes the PS5 isn't backwards compatible with your actual copies of PS3 games, but you can still officially stream PS3 games on the PS5 regardless.
streaming is fine for when your not to concerned about latency at all for games where it doesn't matter or aren't concerned about playing well...fast paced games or ones that need some level of precision suffer...I get the ps4 not having any form of emulation but I feel like the ps5 is probably at the point power wise that it could probably pull off emulating them considering it can be done on pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone