The Master Plan

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I am now in Voc Rehab. For those of you who don't know what Voc Rehab is, it is something that helps people find jobs through training, ect. Basically you get a career counselor and they help with their networking skills to help you talk to employers and help interview. Well, my career counselor is trying to deviate from my master plan. Now you may be asking, what is this master plan? Well there is a program here called Idaho STARS, basically if I work in a daycare setting for over a year, they can help me pay for school if I decide to get a teaching degree. Well my master plan is to get a teaching degree to teach kindergarten. Now I've told this woman SEVERAL times that I want to work in a daycare so I can teach. I'm good with kids, I've been told I should teach. Finally I've decided to listen (and maybe try writing on the side). So my career counselor found something semi-promising, but it didn't work. Now she's just trying to set me up with any job. I've told her that housekeeping would be too hard on my back. She's also supposed to call the employers for me, instead she's telling me to do it all. In fact I'm pretty sure she's not looking for any jobs for me. I'm pretty sure I've done most, if not all the work. Actually I'm pretty sure that before she calls me once a week, she's just looking up a random job on the internet just so she can get rid of me once I find a job.

Her latest random job idea is to have me work at Ross. Okay, I worked there once before, and I have to say, they still run the store like shit, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want me back, trust me, the feeling is mutual. In fact, I'm almost positive she's just ignoring everything I say to pawn me off so she can just get rid of me. Now this may seem like I'm complaining, and well I am, however, after I've talked to Voc Rehab they have told me she is NOT supposed to be doing this and that there are TONS of daycares, that she should be talking to them since that is what I want to do. Let's face it, if she just puts me back at a random job I'm not going to want it and I won't put my full effort into it. I'll just be back complaining about crap like when I worked there, and if I hadn't have moved I was going to quit and take a $120 a night babysitting gig since it was 5-6 nights a week overnight. So Voc Rehab has told me to ignore anything she says that isn't daycare related and to call them back next Wednesday when my cousin's career counselor gets back from vacation so that I can move to her because she's way better and actually does her job. This woman I have now has an attitude that annoys the hell outta me...it's not that she's mean...it's just something about her that makes me want to smack her with a giant fish...this woman is interfering with the master plan, and I'm not fond of it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's so great to see people pursuing their career of choice
smile.gif

... but it's so terrible seeing people not devoted to their career
mad.gif

anyways, good luck with your pursue and I wish the best
biggrin.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's certainly a pain in the ass when people don't do their job, and that lady certainly isn't doing hers.
I sure hope she gets talked to, or fired, so she doesn't mess anyone up and prevent them from getting the help they need, like you.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
It's certainly a pain in the ass when people don't do their job, and that lady certainly isn't doing hers.
I sure hope she gets talked to, or fired, so she doesn't mess anyone up and prevent them from getting the help they need, like you.

Thanks, I talked to Voc Rehab and they've talked to her, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Maybe you should let your baseball bat talk to her shins in the parking lot.

I voted for a giant frozen fish so I can eat the evidence later, but your idea would be good too, too bad I don't have a baseball bat...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup