Gaming The 'major' 3DS November update

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are aware that this may just be the groundwork for a DLC system right? Along with that we could possibly be talking about a method of themeing or skinning for the menu (very unlikely but since they are talking about add-on content...)

Actually I was playing Tetris Axis the other day and got an update to the Fever game in Tetris. My only problem would be whether or not it's unlocking whatever is already on the game card or actually dl'ing the Content.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are aware that this may just be the groundwork for a DLC system right? Along with that we could possibly be talking about a method of themeing or skinning for the menu (very unlikely but since they are talking about add-on content...)

Actually I was playing Tetris Axis the other day and got an update to the Fever game in Tetris. My only problem would be whether or not it's unlocking whatever is already on the game card or actually dl'ing the Content.
Can they actually add things to the game card? I mean, ESRB wouldn't be able to rate what you're downloading.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video recording might be useful if users could convert their own videos to be watched on 3DS. Photos taken with 3DS camera already look like total shit, just imagine these low-bitrate overcompressed videos !

Impossible. 3D videos (and photos) requires 2 channels. One for each eye. It would need to be filmed with another camera.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video recording might be useful if users could convert their own videos to be watched on 3DS. Photos taken with 3DS camera already look like total shit, just imagine these low-bitrate overcompressed videos !

Impossible. 3D videos (and photos) requires 2 channels. One for each eye. It would need to be filmed with another camera.
dont care if its in 3d ... just want to be able to view it on the system... it can be in 2d... would be acceptable

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

The JPGs on your SD card say hi.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know JPGs work, I said you can't convert a 2D video to 3D. I almost certain there will be a way to watch other movies on the DS. The only issue is, if you are limited to 10 minutes for videos on the SD card, there will be little point for anything but clips (IE no full length movies or TV shows without being broken up). You can already watch movies with a flash cart, only they have to be in DPG, a bad format. I still prefer them on my iPod just because I use for everything else. Netflix works on both.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

I know JPGs work, I said you can't convert a 2D video to 3D. I almost certain there will be a way to watch other movies on the DS. The only issue is, if you are limited to 10 minutes for videos on the SD card, there will be little point for anything but clips (IE no full length movies or TV shows without being broken up). You can already watch movies with a flash cart, only they have to be in DPG, a bad format. I still prefer them on my iPod just because I use for everything else. Netflix works on both.

Technically, you can convert a 2D video into a 3D format, but you wouldn't get a 3D-like output.

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I highly doubt Nintendo would allow skinning. When you think about it, what system, ever, in the history of history, has allowed skinning? (Unsure if PS3/PSP do)

The PS3 and PSP can be skinned, i own both, both unmodified and i can skin them natively

Back on topic

I would like to see this update it should bring several new additions to the features to which the 3ds has already

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Other than no 3DS YouTube support, I guess almost everything satisfy.

Even though I won't use the recording feature...

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I wish they'd do is let users make groups/folders to allow increased organization of the apps. Having separate groups for my NES, GBA (whenever that comes), GB/C, DSiWare, 3DSWare, etc would be nice.Yeah I really need that cuz my system menu is a mess

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One thing I wish they'd do is let users make groups/folders to allow increased organization of the apps. Having separate groups for my NES, GBA (whenever that comes), GB/C, DSiWare, 3DSWare, etc would be nice.
Currently, I've been sorting mine as columns... How to take a pic of it so I can show you ? :)

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I wish they'd do is let users make groups/folders to allow increased organization of the apps. Having separate groups for my NES, GBA (whenever that comes), GB/C, DSiWare, 3DSWare, etc would be nice.
Currently, I've been sorting mine as columns... How to take a pic of it so I can show you ? :)
With a separate camera. :P
I just had an idea that's cooler than 3D video.
AR VIDEO! :D
Want

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'd like youtube vids too. I hope that will come out in a different update atleast.

It would be nice if they had a YT app made where you could view YT videos, and also upload your own recordings.

When taking pictures, both a 2D (jpg) and 3D version (mpo) are made, and the latter takes up double the space. Chances of the video recorder making two version of the video, imo, are slim because of the amount of space each would take up (3D videos wouldn't be quite double because of the audio not being duplicated). So, in the instance of having only one format stored, being the 3D version, I don't find it logical to make a separate app (either on the 3DS or computer) to convert the video to 2D just for sharing with those who cannot view them in 3D. Plus, YT is one of the largest, if not THE largest, internet sites for sharing videos with the ability to display them in 3D when available.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo: THIS NOVEMBER, GET 3D VIDEO CAPTURE FOR YOUR 3DS!!!...but you still won't be able to see shit with the camera. :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1