Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
dohclude said:
The latest release won't display images from the SD card. I have some JPG's in a folder that I always set as a wallpaper and they won't even show up in the file browser.
if you download the System Files earlier, the swapfile.$$$ is missing in the m3sakura folder of 1.46, copy that file from an older version to 1.46 to solve the problem
or re-download the file again from the official website (they've added the file back into it)

schandmann

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone know if it's possible to force Sakura to display GBA games on the bottom screen?
Touchpod can do it, but I don't want to switch my OS everytime I want to play a GBA game.

Edit: Oh fuck I'm blind.
blush.gif
Been searching on the net for half an hour and there it is. Right on page one in this board...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the time that Densetsu3000 is away I will be posting the updated Sakura in the Quad-Boot . This is only for the time that he away. This Sakura will just be the Normal Sakura, not just the Quad-Boot, when he returns I will remove it and stay with the Quad-Boot.
This is only for the time being, so please don't flame my post.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pichon64 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
This is only for the time being, so please don't flame my post.

Can I say 'Thank You'?
wink.gif
Of course ^-^
I edited one of my post here for this here

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellent guide, it is nice to have all the info in one place and the updated files. This is better than the official site.

I do have one question though, the big pda file that you can get from the links that is for the M31 Zero, how do you set that up? By that I mean once you unzip and extract the files what folder do you create or what folder to you put it in on the root of the micro SD card and do you need to rename it anything special or just leave it the way it is? Thanks in adavance. Have a good one.

Elmoreas

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
So apparently the latest M3i Zero Real firmware 4.7H runs Pokemon HGSS (U), but not the infinitely superior Sakura, which apparently v1.46 only uses 4.7F or something of that nature. Er...what's that all about again? I know it's just ignorance that makes the Real team still working on a vastly inferior, clunky, slow, ugly firmware that's inferior to the Simply, but who works on Sakura and how does that get released? The only time I know it updates is on this obscure little forum here, and multiple sources are superior to one (or so any researcher will tell you). It seems like all the other inferior cards and firmwares (and I've tried and compared them, so I can vouch for this) have official release sites and everything, except for this one, unless you count handheldsources.com. I'm also curious why the leading firmware, this one (again, I've checked) always seems to be days behind all the extras?

I guess what probably really matters of all this is, how does the latest 4.7H patch get applied to Sakura's firmware, and why do releases of Sakura's firmware seem to negate this detail so that you have to actually run it to know which is in use? Just curious, that's all!

Uh oh. What's this "2.1 Boot Menu Ver0.9Beta" thing? I'm scared. They aren't gonna break the Sakura firmware, are they? When it's the only selling point for their card apart from DSi 1.4 compatibility?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
So apparently the latest M3i Zero Real firmware 4.7H runs Pokemon HGSS (U), but not the infinitely superior Sakura, which apparently v1.46 only uses 4.7F or something of that nature. Er...what's that all about again? I know it's just ignorance that makes the Real team still working on a vastly inferior, clunky, slow, ugly firmware that's inferior to the Simply, but who works on Sakura and how does that get released? The only time I know it updates is on this obscure little forum here, and multiple sources are superior to one (or so any researcher will tell you). It seems like all the other inferior cards and firmwares (and I've tried and compared them, so I can vouch for this) have official release sites and everything, except for this one, unless you count handheldsources.com. I'm also curious why the leading firmware, this one (again, I've checked) always seems to be days behind all the extras?

I guess what probably really matters of all this is, how does the latest 4.7H patch get applied to Sakura's firmware, and why do releases of Sakura's firmware seem to negate this detail so that you have to actually run it to know which is in use? Just curious, that's all!

Uh oh. What's this "2.1 Boot Menu Ver0.9Beta" thing? I'm scared. They aren't gonna break the Sakura firmware, are they? When it's the only selling point for their card apart from DSi 1.4 compatibility?

The 2.1 boot menu is the new firmware called Kaura. Basically they took the Sakura/Touchpod selection screen and made it it's own firmware. It's actually pretty cool, check the Kaura FAQ for more details (at the top of this forum). (Kaura definitely won't break Sakura, in fact it's helped the M3 flashcart alot. Thanks to Kaura we can now boot 6 different firmwares at once: Sakura 1.44, Sakura 1.12+, R4i RTS, iTouchDS, touchpod, and Kaura itself)

As for knowing which touchpod engine Sakura has, that should be included in every Sakura changelog. Also, they have to keep updating touchpod, because that's the only firmware that works on the G6DS and they don't want to screw those users over.

Lately they have been getting a little better at releasing new Sakuras around the time of a new touchpod, if only they could do it where

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
So that earlier post in this thread about Kaura corrupting save files is not an issue? And Kaura has nice crisp, clean menu scrolling with proper space usage like the Sakura or AKAIO? It doesn't stutter and lag like a dying DC-8 like Real? And it uses the same game booter patch 4.7H thingamabob for all its different firmwares? I just hope it comes with good documentation explaining this all; documentation these days tends to be nothing but "What we did since last time" and self-promoting shout-outs to all the "HIP-HOP HOMIES WUT WUT IN THE HIZOUSE"! And when they do manage to write instructions, they tend to sound like they were written by an AOLer on crack.

Well, thanks for clearing up the problems. Now to find out what's to be gained between those two Sakuras you mentioned and the iTouchDS. I hope I can find a Kaura FAQ somewhere, cause there's nary so much as a "Kaura Readme.txt" file in its download.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
So that earlier post in this thread about Kaura corrupting save files is not an issue? And Kaura has nice crisp, clean menu scrolling with proper space usage like the Sakura or AKAIO? It doesn't stutter and lag like a dying DC-8 like Real? And it uses the same game booter patch 4.7H thingamabob for all its different firmwares? I just hope it comes with good documentation explaining this all; documentation these days tends to be nothing but "What we did since last time" and self-promoting shout-outs to all the "HIP-HOP HOMIES WUT WUT IN THE HIZOUSE"! And when they do manage to write instructions, they tend to sound like they were written by an AOLer on crack.

Well, thanks for clearing up the problems. Now to find out what's to be gained between those two Sakuras you mentioned and the iTouchDS. I hope I can find a Kaura FAQ somewhere, cause there's nary so much as a "Kaura Readme.txt" file in its download.

1. Yes it's nice, clean, and crisp. It's fast like Sakura, but nice and organized like Touchpod.

2. It has a pretty recent game engine, it's able to play some of the latest games (but not all, it hasn't been updated since the original beta release...can't wait for the next update though).

3. Check my signature for my Kaura FAQ (or just goto the top of this forum ^^)

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
GreenBanana said:

1. Yes it's nice, clean, and crisp. It's fast like Sakura, but nice and organized like Touchpod.

2. It has a pretty recent game engine, it's able to play some of the latest games (but not all, it hasn't been updated since the original beta release...can't wait for the next update though).

3. Check my signature for my Kaura FAQ (or just goto the top of this forum ^^)
But the save corruption...? It's either true, making it not ready to be used, or it's false. A truly binary question.

Also, as a side note, I'm hearing of this "Sakura 1.46" that's NOT a "2nd edition", yet I can't find it anywhere, whether on linfox or on the filetube. Not that I'm too concerned, since these same sources claimed Real 4.7H would work with the latest latest games, which wasn't true.

Traz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest firmware, but whenever i try load anything, be it commercial roms or homebrew, nothing happens. it just freezes.

I guess i'll just keep the last firmware and try the next firmware that's released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe