Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inadvertently updated the DSi firmware today, I tried updating with the newest version of the Quad Boot but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or is it not ready for the newest firmware update?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ShinDNA said:
I inadvertently updated the DSi firmware today, I tried updating with the newest version of the Quad Boot but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or is it not ready for the newest firmware update?
Did you updated the core to your card to work on the latest DSi firmware?

ShinDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I formatted the card, dumped the files in the card, used the USB dongle thingy to update the card firmware. I have no clue why is it not working. I tried that twice, I might try again. The other option is that the card is bust... I hope not.

ShinDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting but yeah, still doesn't work, but it's not bust, since it gives me an error message, that means that the DS is indeed recognizing it, and it does give me the chess symbol or whatever game it was. It's just not working, possibly because there was a new recent update. I had no choice since I wanted to download the new free Zelda game.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My last news update

Due to lack of time, computer, internet and honestly support from the M3 Team themselves I shall no longer be updating this project.
I would like it to stay stickied and will keep the links, but it will be up to the users to update on their own.
Sadly I really don't have the interest in this as I used to, nor the time. If for some magical reason the M3 Team does make an update (which at this point is very unlikely) will update then, till this I am no longer supporting this project.
It's been a good run guys and honestly I want to leave you guys with the greatest speech of all time
"Well, this is the end, beautiful friends. After more than 11 years, this is Toonami's final broadcast. It's been a lot of fun, and we'd like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us. Toonami wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully we've left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold. Bang." - TOM

Uncommon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My last news update

Due to lack of time, computer, internet and honestly support from the M3 Team themselves I shall no longer be updating this project.
I would like it to stay stickied and will keep the links, but it will be up to the users to update on their own.
Sadly I really don't have the interest in this as I used to, nor the time. If for some magical reason the M3 Team does make an update (which at this point is very unlikely) will update then, till this I am no longer supporting this project.
It's been a good run guys and honestly I want to leave you guys with the greatest speech of all time
"Well, this is the end, beautiful friends. After more than 11 years, this is Toonami's final broadcast. It's been a lot of fun, and we'd like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us. Toonami wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully we've left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold. Bang." - TOM

Lovely. I spent an hour doing all this junk with my card, only to read the latest DSi update is recognizing it.

Can you at least recommend a new flash card to buy, for when I want to buy a 3DS?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My last news update

Lovely. I spent an hour doing all this junk with my card, only to read the latest DSi update is recognizing it.

Can you at least recommend a new flash card to buy, for when I want to buy a 3DS?
Go with the Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWO or even the R4i Gold (from www.r4ids.cn ), all update regularly.

ShinDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still have my M3 not working. I have no clue what to do, has it been any update on anything that will let me use the card?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I still have my M3 not working. I have no clue what to do, has it been any update on anything that will let me use the card?
Buy a new card or try YSM3, but that won't make up for DSi updates.

ShinDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was trying to avoid buying a new card, but yeah, I think the newest firmware update kinda killed the M3 or something. Tried RetroGameFan Multi Cart but I'm not even sure what to do with it. I'll try YSM3 and see how it goes.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I was trying to avoid buying a new card, but yeah, I think the newest firmware update kinda killed the M3 or something. Tried RetroGameFan Multi Cart but I'm not even sure what to do with it. I'll try YSM3 and see how it goes.
I really suggest buying a new card. M3 is dead and clinging to it won't bring it back sadly. I wish there was more I could do to help, but even I dropped this card a long time ago.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's been a long time since I posted anything in here and this is just a quick update.
As of October everyone knows the Quad-Boot no longer has anymore support as well today I just added a little note from The M3 Sakura FAQ in hopes that more people see this message so they don't waste their money on M3 products.
I do hate to say that it's dead, but the last update was one year ago today with no sign of the M3 Team ever making a return to the scene. I honestly am not going to lie when I say I really did enjoy the M3 Real when it was at it's prime, in fact the M3 Sakura and iTouch are still up there are my favorite looking kernals for flashcards and I miss the good old days when the M3 Real was the top of the line card, but like all good things we most learn to move on.
I hope more people read this message and slightly hope the M3 Team does something about this, but it's say to say as of this day, one year ago today they are officially dead.

Reactions: 2 people

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TOTALLY AGREE.
with uh, whatever you're saying.

It's a shame though, because the M3 Real with Sakura really is a fantastic card, and it's still probably the prettiest kernel to use. It's still good to enjoy any homebrew and the vast majority of DS releases anyway, and can even be paired with a EZFlash 3in1 or whatever you want. So there's not too much you'll miss out on, besides a few of the newest DS titles.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my flashcart for long time and it work fine to use ds rom game. I use m3 sakuksa watever that name, it really smooth under support with wood r4 m3, ysm3, and other I might forgot to mention. It really work fine and everything. I know. For 3ds flashcart. But someday I will get it new one for 3ds. I keep my old ds for m3 ds real.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It still doesn't change the fact that the card is dead. The Team is dead, therefore the card is dead. There may be updates from Retro, but that's still not enough to make the card anything worth a damn. There are far better cards out there like the Acekard or R4, that both have a large amount of support and work perfectly.

NEWS!
Since I have both time and internet, I shall update this again for now!
The latest update has been added, all mirrors have been removed though.
Now does this mean the M3 has life? A little with Retro's help
Does this mean I still use or support it? Nope
What about future updates? If I feel like it
Can I mirror it? Only if you PM me first. All unapproved Mirrors will be deleted.
Why are you updating this again? Because I can

BlitX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NEWS!
Since I have both time and internet, I shall update this again for now!
The latest update has been added, all mirrors have been removed though.
Now does this mean the M3 has life? A little with Retro's help
Does this mean I still use or support it? Nope
What about future updates? If I feel like it
Can I mirror it? Only if you PM me first. All unapproved Mirrors will be deleted.
Why are you updating this again? Because I can

Thank you!!! Much appreciated!!

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ugg news.
Even though I still have internet and plenty of time, I am still less interested in updating this thing.
I really hate doing this to the fans, but it's come to me that updating this is just misleading people into a false hopes and causing more problems for the future. I think it's best I this die and stay dead instead of trying so hard to keep it alive like I have been. As well i may have internet now, but I still lack the time to keep this up to date and really lack the motivation to remember to update it. This shall be my last news and from here I plan on not posting in here or really visiting this thread again unless it's really important.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That is a Core update. It has nothing to do with my work nor does it prove that the team is still active.
They need to update Sakura/Touchpod.

I am going to request a lock on this thread (still stickied though for future reference) this lock will last till M3 Team updates or something new comes along to add/replace The Quad-Boot.
It's been a long run, but all good things need to come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm back. Just really tired.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm back. Just really tired.