The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A message from Densetsu

PLEASE READ: I can no longer recommend the M3 Real / M3i Zero flashcarts, nor can I recommend the TouchPod or M3 Sakura firmware anymore. Since M3i Zero was revised to GMP-Z003, it has locked out most custom firmware (such as WoodM3), effectively destroying any chance of the flashcart ever receiving any third-party support from independent coders. The M3 team is no longer active; the most updated version of the firmware is over a year old. The M3 Real doesn't work on the 3DS, and apparently neither does the M3i Zero. Many of the previously-working features no longer function properly, and most ROMs released after March 2011 won't load on M3 Sakura or TouchPod anymore. There won't be any more support for this card.

For anyone considering getting an M3i Zero, save yourself some headache and get yourself an Acekard 2i with akAIO instead. It's way cheaper than any of the M3 cards and it has much better support (Normmatt and Smiths are boss). You can even get the full M3 Sakura experience on the Acekard 2i if you use MAIO.

For what it's worth, thanks, M3 team. Your flashcart was awesome when you supported it, but now it's one of the worst flashcarts around.

-Den

Ugg news.
Even though I still have internet and plenty of time, I am still less interested in updating this thing.
I really hate doing this to the fans, but it's come to me that updating this is just misleading people into a false hopes and causing more problems for the future. I think it's best I this die and stay dead instead of trying so hard to keep it alive like I have been. As well i may have internet now, but I still lack the time to keep this up to date and really lack the motivation to remember to update it. This shall be my last news and from here I plan on not posting in here or really visiting this thread again unless it's really important.
The Temporary Sakura FAQ: here

The M3 Quad-Boot

Files included

Files included
Sakura Ver 1.49 3rd release (cheats fixed)
toro's YSM3
R4i v2.8a
retrogamefan's DSTT/YSmenu files 6.74 (Latest DAT Update)
WoodR4 for M3 1.25d by gaboros and YWG
Cheat.db 03-26-11
USRCHEAT.DAT 03-26-11

Setup and guide

Read it here

Working Card list

M3 Real v1
M3 Real v2
M3i Zero
Non-Working Card List

M3i Zero gmp z003
R4i RTS
iTouch
iTouch 2
R4 SDHC
G6 Real
M3 Simply
And any card not on the working cards list. And no R4 doesn't work either.

Video Review of The Quad-Boot

Thanks MaxNuker!

Some Questions about Quad-Boot

Q.What is M3 Quad-Boot?
A. M3 Quad-Boot is pretty much the up-to-date iSakuReal. It uses the latest M3 Sakura, R4i RTS, YSM3, and the last update to M3 wood all in one package, running on a single MicroSD card.
Q. What are the benefits of using M3 Quad-Boot?
A. Well there are several benefits to using the Quad-Boot. One being that you now have 4 firmwares, where in some cases I found when a game doesn't work on one, it will work on at least one of the others. The next being a now constantly up to date card. Most of the time at least one of the 4 firmwares up date regularly and always fix game compatibility. The final reason is a bit my personal reason which is bragging rights, you don't have just one or 2 firmwares on one card, you have 4! And the best part is, they all run games! Sweet right?
Q. Is the Sakura or any of the files in this different then?
A. Sakura is the same, but the Quad-Boot is running a modified R4i RTS using this method, just without needing the modified system folder included in that method, so if you decide to update the R4i RTS in the Quad-Boot yourself, don't copy the modified system file or you will just turn your M3 Real/M3i Zero into an R4i RTS
Q. Does this still need a slot2 card?
A. No, this the recent updates, the firmwares can now load straight from Sakura and no longer need a slot2 card to work
Q. Will you be re-adding or replacing Touchpod's place in the Sakura Dual-Boot bootloader?
A. No for re-adding Touchpod and no I can't replace Touchpod's place in the bootloader. I tried and couldn't even get it to load, then gaboros tried and got it to load, but it was bugged and wouldn't show the top screen nor load roms. So just don't even try and boot into Touchpod, it won't even load games anymore, I took out all those functions.
Q. Is this post always going to be changing and updating?
A. Yes, it's going to be constantly updated, new information will be added. Up to date Quad-Boot will be always up, and the content of this post will always be changed, revised and moved around
Q. OMG! Didn't amaro make this with the iSakuRAM?!? Your a thief!
A. Yes he was the first one to make and or discover this, but he doesn't speak very clear English so people didn't understand what he meant and he didn't clear up that it needed the extra ram. So it did cause some confusion and some problems, but it was settled and we agreed not to fight about it and to be friends.
Q. Can this work on R4?
A. No
Q.Isn't this just another M3 Ninetails?
A. No. To be correct, this is a more up to date version of the iSakuReal, the M3 Ninetails was based off this firwmare and that firmware at the time and this may have similar files, but it is still not the M3 Ninetails

Related links

The Tri-Boot originally conceived by amaro

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Temporary Sakura FAQ!​

The Temporary version of The M3 Sakura FAQ created by Densetsu3000

03/27/11
M3 Sakura v1.49 3nd release (cheats fixed)
+ TouchPod v4.9a
for M3i Zero & M3 Real

download.gif
Download
Megaupload: Mirror

Ignore the green box above the download link, it's not the link you are looking for, the one provided is my up to date Temp. Sakura
Includes GBAtemps official Cheat Database: cheat.db file updated 03/26/2011

Since Densetsu3000 is very busy and often unable to do the Sakura FAQ updates, I am doing them here for him and the users of GBAtemp. This doesn't go into the detail as the regular Sakura FAQ, but it does provide an updated version of M3 Sakura and M3 Touchpod for the users. If you want the details and such just go to the real M3 Sakura for them​

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
When I have made known to the iSakuREAL worked with RAM, nobody was interested and now it seems that there is a great euphoria. Only there was no continuation of more reports about it because my English is very poor. I do not want all the credit but I would like to see my name figured. Thank you very much.
grog.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I take of all this is that AGLCB is doing good and no one should be getting mad at him for any of this. It's not like having a sticky is something you should show off to be people. People shouldn't get mad at each other that one person has a sticky with some info that isn't theirs.

That being said he basically just posted what dsrules said in a quote. If anything dsrules should have started this thread. But it was noble of AGLCB to put what dsrules said in a quote, to more or less give full credit to him.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I thought that the other sticky was for a Triple-Loader too. It didn't interest me so I didn't pay much attention to it. I thought it was redundant info. Well, if it's for something different, I retract my original statement about the other sticky.

Carry on then
smile.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
amaro said:
If you had looked better and also spoken with the right people, surely would know in advance that the (tri-boot) iSakuRAM already existed for some time.
Densetsu3000 not remember, but was himself the first to respond to my call.
The veracity of my words is the link below, read carefully, and arrive to the conclusion that your topic does not bring anything new:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197&st=1245

-_________________________________-
Everyone remembers iSakuReal. My response to your post was sarcastic because you posted the same thing 4 times in 4 different threads without explaining anything. If you look at everyone else's response to your posts, people were interested in what you said, but you never responded with anything substantial so everyone dismissed it.

Anyway, that's old history and besides the point of this thread. Let's not fight over this and be happy that there's now a fully-updated Triple-Loader again for the first time since 1.12+a (which was over a year ago).

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
My bad, I thought that the other sticky was for a Triple-Loader too. It didn't interest me so I didn't pay much attention to it. I thought it was redundant info. Well, if it's for something different, I retract my original statement about the other sticky.

Carry on then
smile.gif
So no need to ask to unsticky it? Alright ^-^ I really didn't want to ask to be honest with you.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Bunch of haters in this thread...

Anyway, awesome info Cat Boy. I Don't have a 3-in-1, but in the future I might, and personally I dislike Sakura, so iTouch would be a good option for me.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dudeonline said:
Bunch of haters in this thread...

Anyway, awesome info Cat Boy. I Don't have a 3-in-1, but in the future I might, and personally I dislike Sakura, so iTouch would be a good option for me.
It's kinda sad really, but moving on
Well if your interested in iTouchDS I made a thread about that as well here

DennisDad

Wii Little Man
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Thanks big time for all this usefull info.

Can you tell me why or even if a GBA Expansion (or something else) is needed in slot2?

Is itouchDS loaded to slot2, and if not would it be possible to run it from slot2?

Three options - better than 2 for homebrew! Love that M3.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DennisDad said:
Hey, Thanks big time for all this usefull info.

Can you tell me why or even if a GBA Expansion (or something else) is needed in slot2?

Is itouchDS loaded to slot2, and if not would it be possible to run it from slot2?

Three options - better than 2 for homebrew! Love that M3.
I am not sure why it needs it, but it does need it otherwise it pretty much doesn't load at all.
Also sorry everyone I was trying to update this, but I was experiencing some serous technical difficulties on my end,
I shall update in a little bit
EDIT: It has been updated, it now contains the latest Sakura, Touchpad, and just released today the latest iTouchDS.
Sorry it too soooooo long to update, my internet was slow, then down, then I didn't have Windows computer to set it all up.
Finally when it was all up I tried to Ultra-Compress it, but realised my computer is WAY too slow and well ended up taking too long to ultra-compress, so I finally stopped that after 2 hours of waiting and uploaded the zip file, which is up now.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Quick update
With the news of the new M3 menu coming out, I am not sure if the Tri-Boot will still be in effect anymore after it comes out.
I will post when it does and when I test it to make sure that it works or not. If not I will hope to find away to make it work for those who enjoy the M3 Tri-Boot

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so what does quad booting actually do, will it make the m3i zero connect to the wii for games like pokemon battle revolution?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
meepage said:
so what does quad booting actually do, will it make the m3i zero connect to the wii for games like pokemon battle revolution?
The Quad-Boot is a combination of the The M3 Tri-Boot and this Core.
Really all it is is using M3 Sakura to Boot into iTouchDS and Touchpad, it's pretty much the same thing as the iSakuReal, but using the new Firmwares for M3 Real, M3i Zero, and iTouchDS

And as for the other question, I have no idea. I've never tested it.
EDIT: My bad, I didn't even notice that I just redirected you to the post you are already on. Sorry about that

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
I wouldn't call it a quad boot because there's still only 3 things booting. All they really did was replace that screen that came up when you held A as your M3 started.
There is a 4th firmware, which is iTouchDS and now the new core since you can load games from it, it's pretty much another firmware on itself.
So adding to the Tri-Boot pretty much makes it a quad-boot

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
DeltaBurnt said:
I wouldn't call it a quad boot because there's still only 3 things booting. All they really did was replace that screen that came up when you held A as your M3 started.
There is a 4th firmware, which is iTouchDS and now the new core since you can load games from it, it's pretty much another firmware on itself.

I realize why you're calling it quad boot, but even the m3 team calls the new core a boot menu. The only reason they added the rom booting was because people are lazy and like to get to their games really fast.

It's still missing quite a few features that would make it a full fledged firmware.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
DeltaBurnt said:

I realize why you're calling it quad boot, but even the m3 team calls the new core a boot menu. The only reason they added the rom booting was because people are lazy and like to get to their games really fast.

It's still missing quite a few features that would make it a full fledged firmware.
I know they call it a boot menu and all that, but still it works as a firmware in my book since it does pretty much as much as one.
I mean do realize it's just in beta right now, so expect some problems, when Sakura first came out, it was crap.
IDK, I prefer calling it Quad-Boot with the new menu added to it, just really fits now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.