OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
to boot roms in Sakura 1.1x, you need to edit the path inside the startnds file
Ohh, I will do that now
Edit: Got it to load roms, so now how do I replace the nds boot files with the ones from the new version?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
it's no secret on how to run newer games on Sakura 1.12+

find the startnds.* file from Sakura 1.45, copy it to Sakura 1.12+ and rename it to you know what

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
those settings (Instant Codes, RTS) wont work on Sakura 1.12+, it;s not like turning the old Sakura to become the new one..it's cant be done

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
those settings (Instant Codes, RTS) wont work on Sakura 1.12+, it;s not like turning the old Sakura to become the new one..it's cant be done

I know, that's what I was trying to tell you. Even if you are able to get the new game engine you'll still be missing out by not being able to have the new GUI features. So it may better to use the quad-boot instead.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
dsrules said:

I know, that's what I was trying to tell you. Even if you are able to get the new game engine you'll still be missing out by not being able to have the new GUI features. So it may better to use the quad-boot instead.
I am just using the Quad-Boot, this is just for like a fun little personal project, nothing I am going to post about or anything. Just something I didn't know and felt like getting a little more information about.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dsrules said:
it might need for a 2nd Sakura, but it's good for those people who wants to boot into iTouch without a GBA Expansion Pack

the default path of all the files are /System (6 letters), since there's already an existing /System folder for Kaura, Sakura 1.4x, Touchpod, you need to rename Sakura 1.12+'s folder to something else that's exactly 6 letters long.
then hex editing m3skaura.nds by using the find and replace function (find /System and replace with /what ever you named the Sakura 1.12+ folder)

i second this.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If anyone has any slot 2 cards (aka Supercard, M3 Perfect, EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Plus, ect.) please test them on this for me so they can be conformed if they work or not. I am making a list of working cards for this. Thanks in advance.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome so many firmwares so many ways to put them together
tongue.gif

edit: So is there no way they can put 1.45 sakura and up in the future for dsi?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

Well if your referring to using the The Quad-Boot through Sakura 1.45, then no you can't use it since the DSi lacks a GBA Slot
Which is why dsrules replaced Touchpod on the main menu with iSakuREAL 1.4, so you can use iTouch and Touchpod through that
As well iSakuREAL 1.4 is running off the same core, so it works with all the newer games.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

Well if your referring to using the The Quad-Boot through Sakura 1.45, then no you can't use it since the DSi lacks a GBA Slot
Which is why dsrules replaced Touchpod on the main menu with iSakuREAL 1.4, so you can use iTouch and Touchpod through that
As well iSakuREAL 1.4 is running off the same core, so it works with all the newer games.
mmm... so at the end I'm i losing anything, like any functions or features form running quad-boot on a dsi then the quad-boot on a ds?

off topic: Kaura is to unstable for me i'll wait till it better in the qaud-boot.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

mmm... so at the end I'm i losing anything, like any functions or features form running quad-boot on a dsi then the quad-boot on a ds?

off topic: Kaura is to unstable for me i'll wait till it better in the qaud-boot.
The only function you lose from DSL (or phat) to DSi is being about to boot into iTouch using Sakura 1.45. Since it requires a GBA Expatiation or flash card that works like a GBA Expatiation
That's the only feature you will lose. Which is the reason dsrules added iSakuREAL so you could still boot into iTouch and Touchpod, but without the need of a GBA Expatiation.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

The only function you lose from DSL (or phat) to DSi is being about to boot into iTouch using Sakura 1.45. Since it requires a GBA Expatiation or flash card that works like a GBA Expatiation
That's the only feature you will lose. Which is the reason dsrules added iSakuREAL so you could still boot into iTouch and Touchpod, but without the need of a GBA Expatiation.
I understand now thanks.
smile.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
KingVamp said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

I understand now thanks.
smile.gif
No problem ^-^

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the Sakura within Kaura, so it's not 1.44 and changed to 1.46?
I know how to change the gaming engine, I already did that, but is there away to update Sakura within it?
As well how do you you update Kaura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...