Hacking The Last Story English Translation

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
I played the game for about an hour. I really like the game. But there is no way I can progress any longer without learning japanese. A fan translation pack would be so cool. Just like Fatal Frame.

revinsil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone extract or replacing .pfs, .pk, .pkh files?
It's The Last Story's element files. when It's possible,
I want to join or create the team for translation for The Last Story.
but packing files are pretty hard to extract I guess.

Debug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have quite a bit of skill when it comes to making tools and utilities as well as games
my last few jobs have been working at game studios as a senior game engine developer

i want to work on translating a couple of games including last story

i know lots of work is dotted all over, partial translations, tools for extracting files, file format explanations, translation tools and tutorials for other games and so on

i do not know any language other than British and American English

what i need is a group of people willing to delegate and spread out the work which includes but is not limited to

research
finding or doing translations for text or voice,
digging up old or existing tools and source code
digging up old or existing information on work done on this or similar games that may give us a spring board of knowledge, data or tools that will make life much easier
keeping a forum or website up to date and maintaining communications between team members and the end users and maintaining an online translation table allowing people to error check translations and offer possible alternative translations

i have reverse engineered a lot of stuff before, i worked on these and more

Ascent WoW server emulator
CellAO Anarchy online server emulator
Anarchy Online network packet sniffer and data overlay system
Mu Online razer packet hack tools
eve online server emulator

also i worked on many commercial games at a bunch of studios and a couple of CG movie projects which i will not list here for the time being but i am sure later we can expose my online resume and imdb pages

I have written code for the wii and modified many of the wii apps to add new features or modify existing ones i have custom builds of CFG and Sneek to name a couple

I can do any translation tool coding and any work decoding the file formats
but i do not want to reinvent the wheel i need people to help and i need people who have already figured things out to come forward and give up any helpful information
the people we put together as the core team will basically be maintaining a community and communal effort to build this patch

the patch should and probably will be a binary patch applied to an ISO image ripped from the dvd not to condone piracy as i do not but as i hate how programs like riivolution can make things more unstable they add another layer of things that can go wrong on the end user side complicating debugging and making life for development and end user setup a lot harder

i guess once i have some interest from some people we can start a new thread and get rolling i am willing to put on hold my work on a new wii backup disc image manager that was going to surpass wbfs backup manager and put all my spare time into this first project.

the code and tools will be open source hopefully allowing people to start projects to translate other games and get a head start from our data and tools unlike every other project so far who hide tools and code and research so no one else can make a translation or use their stuff to maybe translate another game

send me a personal message if you think you can be part of this and have the time to commit for the foreseeable future if you will get bored in a few weeks or months or if personal life might impede you in any way you can still contribute but it will be in small ways with the rest of the community not as one of the core team members who manage the community and communal project

feel free to ask around and tell other people i am willing to try and do this and manage any and all code required i just need a community relations team and some translators

Thanks for reading this messy programmer post, most of us lack simple skills such as punctuation and grammar because our brains are all used up remembering syntax and code for 20 different programming languages

if you want to be part of this send me a personal message

Debug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom